Sign in to follow this  
Leetaytaytaylor

Waltham fob watch 191? something

Leetaytaytaylor

Hey, I'm a noob and could be posting in the wrong place but im gonna give it crack anyway.

I only own 1 watch (one on the way from TS - PAM 029) but I thought I would share my fob, not for the life of me I cant remember which year it is - and dont have time to research before I post (1 kid sleeping the other on the iDad)

My wife got me this for my birthday before we got married to go with my tailored suit and boy they go to together like a nice Malt and cigar...

Not a photographer and my camera is crapola - I had to replace the glass (dance floor at the wedding and I went into a windmill and totally forgot I had the watch on) it was a sad moment for 2 reasons cos I was windmilling at my wedding and I broke my watch on its maiden voyge.

Its a bit worn and well used but I love it and it gets heaps of comments when I wear it (shame I dont get to rock a suit so much in a social enviroment - its too classy for the office)

Cheers Leeroy

Face_zps3d3c7153.jpg

inside_zps99eb5626.jpg

Case_zpse3058aab.jpg

Wornoutfront_zpsd0aa59ee.jpg

Longshot_zpsbeb452a6.jpg

myaz

Welcome.

You did post in the genuine watch section and the pics are better than many. Keep up the good work and post some more of the PAM when it arrives.

Don't see many of these on this forum, but that sure is a classic looking dial.

Leetaytaytaylor

Yeah will take some pics of the PAM when it arrives - in my opening post I changed from a Mont Blanc timewalker to the PAM from seeing a review with pics - I was like SOLD>>>>>

Cheers

Rockzz22

nice I have a few pocket watches and love them all just a pain to carry but it is nice to bring them out every once in a while.

Soopah Spy

WOW. An American Waltham 'Traveler' pocketwatch. S/N places it to 1884. Sterling Silver case, and a porcelain dial. 7 jewel movement (most likely.) Very nice double chain on this one, too. A lot of these were exported from the USA back in the day, all around the world, as well as being sold domestically. The ''Traveler' model was considered an economical way to get into a 'quality' watch in that time period. Take good care of it, these suckers were built to last, but that dial cannot ever truly be replaced. It's hand made. Thanks for sharing! :D

Leetaytaytaylor

Cheers Soopah, was a bit lazy on checking S/N but great thanks for letting me know, your description has made me want to look after it just that little bit more....I

Soopah Spy

Quite welcome! Actually, I totally screwed up the date. :lol: It's 1908, looks like. I missed a digit on the S/N lookup. Here's a link to a good research site for them:

http://www.nawcc-info.org/walthamdb/walsernum.htm