Sign in to follow this  
KBH

3D Scanner

KBH

3D Scanner

You got to see this. For less than $2000 there's no reason why they can't be turning out EXACT duplicates of any vintage (or otherwise) watch cases.

OHMYGODITSAPANERAI

I agree, there is no excuse. Except for the fact that once the factories were to begin using this technology, we would accept nothing less than perfection.

I have a friend who has been a machinist for 20 years and he has had a very similar machine for the last 3 years. He has duplicated some hard to find weapons parts for me with

incredible precision and very little expense.

KBH

Think how easy it would be to make a vintage Panerai case of even Panerai grail of perfect crown guards. It would probably take 10 minutes to scan it and 15 minutes to plug it into a CNC machine and you could be turning out exact copies in an hour.

Member X

They are pretty fucking amazing! I guess it uses the same technology as those 3D crimescene scanners they have now.

It will be a shame for those skilled metal workers who can copy something entirely by eye and ruler, but the possibilities for the new technology are endless...

Just think - if only 300 of George's customers stumped up 10 bucks, he could stop faffing with case production and get the measurements straight into the CNC machine...

Ska

I'm getting one.

Member X

If I had the cash and the CNC machine to hand, I'd be all over this...

Think how easy it would be to make a vintage Panerai case of even Panerai grail of perfect crown guards. It would probably take 10 minutes to scan it and 15 minutes to plug it into a CNC machine and you could be turning out exact copies in an hour.

Anyone else think we should be pestering Robert to set something up? ;)

KBH
I'm getting one.

If I knew anyone with a 3-axis CNC machine I'd have one too.

speedzmaster

GROUP PURCHASE!!!!