Sign in to follow this  
Alex13

Breitling Super Avenger Reliability?

Alex13

I've read a little bit around the A7750s and their reliability. Looks like the SA is a seconds @9 watch, so should be OK. Has anyone had any issues with theirs?

Do any of the forum TD's offer pre-servicing that you're aware of?

Edited by Alex13

1littlegreen

There is much controversy surrounding this movement. Read and search more as there is no way to pick it apart without adding more to it. From that you will draw your own conclusions about it.

My experience has been sorted. I have a Breitling Skyland and love the watch itself, the movement in it was reworked from dealer to Chris (10:10, a TD watchsmith here). It lasted for many months, and would have gone longer, but I decided to play with the buttons and mucked it up. So, back to Chris it went for another turn on the bench. Lasted a few more months, and died. This was not by Chris' hand, he does a great job. I was frustrated and ordered a complete new Seagull movement to replace the factory one. Did the swap and it has been a great experience thus far. My second 7750 is in a Pam308. Never been touched, chronos work flawlessly and keeps near perfect time. Mixed bag on the 7750.

If you decide to get a watch with the A7750 or A7753, best bet is to send it straight away to have it fully serviced, sure it costs more, but you will know the movement is correct. Some dealers offer it, the pre-service, but I sleep better sending it to a known watchsmith in the community.

Mirage

I have own 7 watches with A7750 never have major issues with them. Only minor stuff that I could always fix myself

t0ny

^ what he said

only A7750 watch i owned that had an issue was the top gun v3 (day/date) that function always stuffed up

chrono's never reset properly...was a nightmare

i have a super avenger, superocean and and tag that have the same movement and all 3 run perfectly :)

so ive got a pretty good track record

boneyjr

My chrono at 6 started slipping... It now sits at 3 on the subdial.

CaptainSuperAvenger

I hope it's good as this is my favorite watch.