Sign in to follow this  
M.A.D

Strap help

M.A.D

I bought this strap from kain heritage not too long ago and it is starting to crack. Before sending it back to china I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do to maybe fix it? Thanks in advance.

I tried my best to get a good picture with my phone but of you look along the edge you can see where it's starting to crack.

photo_zpsc1c4db13.jpg

gottahaverolex

When you bend the strap it's be tut stresses the layers of leather where they are glued and can sometimes separate. It looks like maybe there wasn't enough glue used along the strap edges when it was made and the layers are pulling apart slightly. The cracking is in the rubberized edge paint which can be touched up and you'd never know. It will most likely crack again eventually. I can fix it for you for free if you'd like but there are no guarantees that it will stay perfect. When I make my straps I always make sure to fix any separations in the layers after stitching and I also burnish the edges to seal the layers together which he may not have done. His straps are machine made so the attention to little details sometimes gets missed. Let me know if I can help you with fixing it.

M.A.D
When you bend the strap it's be tut stresses the layers of leather where they are glued and can sometimes separate. It looks like maybe there wasn't enough glue used along the strap edges when it was made and the layers are pulling apart slightly. The cracking is in the rubberized edge paint which can be touched up and you'd never know. It will most likely crack again eventually. I can fix it for you for free if you'd like but there are no guarantees that it will stay perfect. When I make my straps I always make sure to fix any separations in the layers after stitching and I also burnish the edges to seal the layers together which he may not have done. His straps are machine made so the attention to little details sometimes gets missed. Let me know if I can help you with fixing it.

That would be awesome if you could help me out. Where are you located?

gottahaverolex

Lancaster, PA in the US