Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

Rolex LV Submariner

k3rm87

Fantastic watches!

Couldn't resist the temptation and had to order the noob sub myself.. It looks pretty damn accurate out of the box

:D

Member X

Nice :D

I'd love one of these but I'm not sure I'd ever actually wear it as I never wear anything green! lol

k3rm87

Haha, neither.. But it's going on my wrist anyway!

dingle
:popcorn:

jeffw69

:popcorn:

:spank:

gribble

Okay, I'm going to be an utter noob here - I fancy the sub with the green bezel AND green dial. Is that a variant on this one or is it a completely different model? CanI get one for not too much cash?

Please be gentle..... ;)

Nev

Edited by gribble

sconehead

yep, there is a ceramic 'LV' rep out there which has a green bezel and green dial...it's a rep of the newer sized 43mm Subs... ;)

edit: here's a link for one that was available from Robert, he was a dealer here who sadly passed away recently...however I'm sure the other TD's here will be able to get you one...

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=19397&hl=%2Bceramic+%2Bgreen&fromsearch=1

gribble

43mm? I may be a newbie, but I thought that was jut the deep sea & explorer 2 ?

Cheers

Nev

Edit. I guess I need to read more. Thanks for the link, sconehead

Edited by gribble

Miracle

Wow wow wow. I think i have shit my pants.

And i am

In love. Thats one sweeeeeeeeet LV

Muaitai

yep, there is a ceramic 'LV' rep out there which has a green bezel and green dial...it's a rep of the newer sized 43mm Subs... ;)

edit: here's a link for one that was available from Robert, he was a dealer here who sadly passed away recently...however I'm sure the other TD's here will be able to get you one...

http://www.rwgboard....en&fromsearch=1

Mari WI has one:

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=29232

Aniston69
Thanks for all the positive replies, it reinforces my thoughts on this watch, mighty close to gen. @RA, the crown position to bezel looks bang on to me, well spotted. @Eiderdaus, the lume is good on the WM9 LV. The mods I've done on my TWB to date include, 1. fitting gen crown and tube. 2. shaving crown guards (think I overdid them a bit though) 3. fitting noob dial and datewheel 4. fitted gen black insert, a mod some gen owners have done. 5. installed gen ETA nickel plated 2836-2 movement ...here's a pic of the three LV's I own, 4777555613_dc9104f96f_b.jpg

hey, question for ya, are the green on those two bezels the same shade of green with the lighting making it different? i like the one on the far left, and i was wondering what one that is

thanks

sconehead

...IIRC the gens had different shades depending on which series they were...I think the WM9 is based on a Z serial which had a lighter coloured insert which is close to the gen...The noob is an F serial...not sure if the shade is correct or not for this though...the one on the left is also a Z serial, it's a TWB Sub with a gen black insert fitted... ;)

Aniston69
...IIRC the gens had different shades depending on which series they were...I think the WM9 is based on a Z serial which had a lighter coloured insert which is close to the gen...The noob is an F serial...not sure if the shade is correct or not for this though...the one on the left is also a Z serial, it's a TWB Sub with a gen black insert fitted... ;)

Ok please answer for me,

Im in touch with reg for an LV noob however, can i buy a black noob and buy a bezel insert via ebay and replace myself? Do noobs have the ability to open like the gens do on youtube?

This way i can buy now now now! And do the green bezel swap when im tired of the black.

bdrlburkett

Beautiful watch never though I would like the green. It's growing on me.