Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

Sub 16610 Rep movement

Eiderdaus
nope, 2836-2 is a thicker movement, 5.2/5.3mm versus 2824 4.6/4.7mm...

but the cal 3135 is 6mm. and if you got a clone of the 3135 than this will 6mm as well I guess ?

What I mean, if you have a watch with a 2836-2 movement and you change it to 2824-2 then the height makes the difference and this will not work ? I guess you will only have more space in the watch.

But when I buy a new 2836-2 it will always be a day-date ? so the day will wokr behind the dial ? or should I take the day whell of then ?

sconehead

The current 'clone' 3135 movement is a modded 2836-2 movement, all mods are cosmetic and it's not got the greatest reliability record, in fact it's one to avoid imo.

The day wheel is just a disc and can be removed, the day wheel mechanism itself can be left in place as it doesn't interfere with anything.

If you used a 2824 in a case meant for a 2836 you would run into all kinds of problems. The crown would be at the wrong height, the dial would have to be raised which in turn would mean the hands wouldn't sit properly and you'd have to mod the canon pinion etc to resolve it...stick to a 2836-2...;)

Eiderdaus

Ok, I understand.

But if I would build a up a rep from scratch (given the case that I would get a site where you could buy dials and hands for 16610) I would have to see for what movement the case was build right ? If it would be an expensive case rep, i suppose they would build it for interchanging with gen parts so it would have the same masses like 3135 which is an modded 2836-2 ? So that leads me to the point that I need to look for an ETA 2836-2. Is it advisible to buy on ebay ?

Thank you very much sconehead