Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

SSTEEL

Will do, I will post photos, and what I think of this cheapie :)

Aren

Micky, et als...hijacking your thread for a moment. :blush:

I need a demagnetizer. I tried to get the thread on the topic posted by Hazz, but when I try to get it, the search box just puts me into general discussion. Since I doubt this specific item would be discussed anyway...

Does anyone have experience with this demagnetizer?

http://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-Tweezers-Demagnetizer-Demagnetize-Electric/dp/B00GOQLGGQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It appears to be the same one I see on the watch tool sites, only much cheaper and with free shipping.

http://www.esslinger.com/compactdemagnitizer.aspx

If it works, that is all that matters to me and I can save money for the more expensive items I want.

If anyone has experience with this demagnietizer, or another suggestion, your input would be appreciated.

I hope this wasn't addressed earlier in this thread, but when you aren't looking for something you don't see it...so, I don't recall.

Of course, it doesn't help that I want it tomorrow.

TIA

:D

DR3M3L

sygasybe.jpg

Just came in :D

SSTEEL

I need a demagnetizer. I tried to get the thread on the topic posted by Hazz, but when I try to get it, the search box just puts me into general discussion. Since I doubt this specific item would be discussed anyway...

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

It appears to be the same one I see on the watch tool sites, only much cheaper and with free shipping.

http://www.esslinger...magnitizer.aspx

If it works, that is all that matters to me and I can save money for the more expensive items I want.

If anyone has experience with this demagnietizer, or another suggestion, your input would be appreciated.

I hope this wasn't addressed earlier in this thread, but when you aren't looking for something you don't see it...so, I don't recall.

TIA

I have the cheap blue one with red button, and red LED. Its exactly the same as the more expensive one but without the branding. Works well for me, no complaints, does exactly when its supposed to, but only cheaper ;)

Aren

sygasybe.jpg

Just came in :D

Damn Joran...nice tools. :D Congratulations! I only have a couple of Bergeon items.

What I like most are the cheapie Bergeon plastic tweezers :blush: I actually like them alot. :)

It seems I use the tweezers more than anything else and screw drivers second.

I need the tweezers made for screws, but plan to get an entire set.

I like the Dumont's, but they are also expensive.

Budgeting is hard, and my hobby has gotten exponentially more expensive.

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

http://www.esslinger...magnitizer.aspx

TIA

I have the cheap blue one with red button, and red LED. Its exactly the same as the more expensive one but without the branding. Works well for me, no complaints, does exactly when its supposed to, but only cheaper ;)

Thank you Micky. I think I am going to get the one from the RWG shop since I am placing an order. It has the magnetizer and demagnetizer in one unit. From what I have read, I need to completely magnetize the parts first. One of my springs is making my little compass move when poised over it...and some of my tools probably need clearing. I also have a watch that runs much too fast. I am sure that magnetism is the problem. It doens't run consistently fast, but sporadically, so it is unreliable. My screw drivers are cheap, but I am ordering the DeLuxe set from the RWG shop and the roller sharpener to go with them. I like the features and the design. Bearings inside of hex heads with a place to lubricate them. A nice size, with additional heads and comes with the stand. I can't wait to have better tools. My antique tools are the best I have so far, but I don't think they are non-magnetic. Right now...looking especially forward to the new driver set from the RWG Shop.

BTW...I need some pith wood. The only pith I see on ebay comes from the UK. Is there another substitute you gentz use/like?

kkz88

Just got today vintage watchmaker staking out tool box set refurbished.u3etu4y7.jpg

Before

uba8y5ym.jpg

Price very good

utameqav.jpgbeme9u5u.jpgy6u9u4a5.jpguzu5a3u4.jpg

After polishing.i m really happy.i got vintage staking tool.

Angus123

Just got today vintage watchmaker staking out tool box set refurbished.u3etu4y7.jpg

Before

uba8y5ym.jpg

Price very good

Looks great !! I sure as hell need one of those :)

kkz88

Before

uba8y5ym.jpg

Price very good

Looks great !! I sure as hell need one of those :)

Indeed sir

Every watchmaker need one of these.i want it long time.i can't find cheaper.when i look cousin a least £300 or £400 + VAT.so,last week when I look at eBay thank god I found this one.happy price.

Aren

Fantastic buy on the staking set. It looks amazing. :D

I just lost an auction for a vintage set of broaches, files, etc.

Great staking set. Good on you. I love the vintage/antique tools. They were made to last.

They are also of such good quality, unlike most tools made today...unless you have a fortune to spend.

I am aiming at some better drivers, roller sharpener, and demagnetizer from the RWG shop.

There is no doubt they will be of excellent quality.

Congrats on the staking set and use it well.

SSTEEL

Cousinsuk sell pith wood, and peg wood Aren ;)

Funny you should mention staking sets, the vintage kind especially, I have been eyeing a few sets, and have one in my sights right now, it has surface rust on the stakes, but that should come off easy enough.

DR3M3L

With all respect, the screwdriver set that came in this week bought at the RWG shop just sucks.

I broke two blades trying to remove a rotor screw, tried every fucking screwdriver and NONE worked. I grabbed one of my previous screwdrivers and the screw wasn't even tightly fitted!!? It came out so easy!! With all respect for the RWG shop, I have some fine tools from there, but this screwdriver set isn't worth buying if you can't get any screw out.

:(

J!m

I have a nice A-F set available... Worked for years for me until I upgraded a few months ago.

Check M2M sales...

DR3M3L
I have a nice A-F set available... Worked for years for me until I upgraded a few months ago.

Check M2M sales...

Just ordered a gen Bergeon set, still hurts when I look at the price of it so I hope it'll be worth every $.

J!m

I got my upgrade set from ofrei and it was under a hundred USD. I posted about them too but the deal is probably over...

DR3M3L
I got my upgrade set from ofrei and it was under a hundred USD. I posted about them too but the deal is probably over...

Ofrei has always good stuff, but the shipping cost make it too expensive for me.... I'm in NL and always have to pay an additional 40-100 usd for shipping :(

SSTEEL

You will love the Bergeon set Joran, its all I use now.

SSTEEL

Funny you should mention staking sets, the vintage kind especially, I have been eyeing a few sets, and have one in my sights right now, it has surface rust on the stakes, but that should come off easy enough.

And I won it :)

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Not bad for £100 :)

kkz88

Yeah. Not bad

How do u win this one?a lot of People biding?i saw that one similar on eBay start bid £140 for me Nah.

plankton

I have the same set from Acetimer, also bought the timeograph from them as well.

SSTEEL

Yeah. Not bad

How do u win this one?a lot of People biding?i saw that one similar on eBay start bid £140 for me Nah.

Sorry, I mean purchased, not won, it was a Buy It Now for £100

kkz88

I like that one a lot of tool.if I know buy it now i will buy first.u got great tool better than me .

Good luck with staking tool

Very useful.

Kcore

@ SSTEEL & KKZ88 - Those vintage staking sets look amazing. After the cleanup they look brand new! I'm a noob with watch repair & tools. Other than removing movt. jewels, what else do you use these staking tools for?

@Joran - sorry for the poor screwdrivers you got from RWG Toolshop. Curious, what brand wre they? when I ordered the toolkit, I received a very giood set of A-F Swiss screwdrivers.

DR3M3L
@ SSTEEL & KKZ88 - Those vintage staking sets look amazing. After the cleanup they look brand new! I'm a noob with watch repair & tools. Other than removing movt. jewels, what else do you use these staking tools for?

@Joran - sorry for the poor screwdrivers you got from RWG Toolshop. Curious, what brand wre they? when I ordered the toolkit, I received a very giood set of A-F Swiss screwdrivers.

Don't know about the brand... I've got the RWG toolkit 1 or maybe 2 years ago and those screwdrivers are indeed great! Used them for a very long time. Now I need more sizes as I'm fucking up too much screws :P

SSTEEL

Theres loads of uses for them mate, and you can even make your own stakes if you have a lathe. A lathe is on my list but not until 2015.