Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

Kcore

[

Theres loads of uses for them mate, and you can even make your own stakes if you have a lathe. A lathe is on my list but not until 2015.

WOW, now you're making your own steaks. Where are you getting the cattle from? :)

SSTEEL

:P Stakes not Steaks :P

;)

DR3M3L
:P Stakes not Steaks :P

;)

Don't you make your own steaks? ;p

SSTEEL
:lol:

SSTEEL

14063226274_b0a26ef059_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Received my el-cheapo Head Magnifier. First impressions, love the lens set up, the flip up lens is very handy. Its a lot heavier than the Optivisor, and the head band has no padding for the forehead, plus the fitting adjustment is horrible, but, I do like the rest of it so may get another Optivisor just for the head band, I checked, and they look compatible.

I will link here to a detailed review and comparison between the two I'm writing right now.

14082808233_f380b5d3f9_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

DR3M3L

Looks great Micky! What did you pay for this again? :lmao: great stuff for the money :thumbsup:

DR3M3L

Just came home...... :D

4y9uqe3u.jpg

DR3M3L

desyty4a.jpg

u7ajupa5.jpg

Now, I think I have enough storage boxes for parts :D This is my fourth dust cover, those are great at £2,50 but shipping is very expensive so I order them together with bigger orders :)

SSTEEL

They will be occupied in no time Joran. I'm buying some more compartment storage trays soon, since I have been stocktaking, and organising my parts in a manageable manner, I have found I have run out of compartments for the various parts.

SSTEEL

Organisation :)

14120791784_091977f8e2_o.jpgParts Storage by Micky.!, on Flickr

SSTEEL

Oh, and on a positive note, my staking set arrived just now, however, due to the idiot who incorrectly packaged this once stunning, 50+ year old staking set, boxed, it has arrived with lots of damaged parts, and due to the heavy base parts banging around in the box, the box not only exploded, but also bent some stakes out of true. Absolutely pissed off considering I paid £50 for shipping!

Need to file a claim now, and these are never easy :(

14117541902_5c9e07cb31_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14120925544_2c2f8f77e5_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14117288501_c3e8fcbba3_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14117289281_f0698be17c_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14140658753_c0c349bf45_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14097421546_a4d9bdd0c1_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14117546782_c02f1dc21b_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

SSTEEL

Fcuking ebay! They decided to side with the seller on this one, and closed the case, leaving me with unusable parts, and a broken box. I guess I need to fix this up then.

DR3M3L
Fcuking ebay! They decided to side with the seller on this one, and closed the case, leaving me with unusable parts, and a broken box. I guess I need to fix this up then.

Fuck Ebay!

JSJ

That sucks! No chance of a claim on the carrier? Suppose they'll say poor packaging. I'm amazed eBay say it's your fault though.

Kcore

Real sorry to hear about this Micky. Fucking idiot seller and eBay!

Can you put in a clauim with the carrier as JSJ suggested? Hopefully it was mailed with insurance.

SSTEEL

To be fair to the seller, he did offer a full refund, but I told him I wanted to keep the item, and fix it up as they are vintage, 50+ years old, I would like to restore, so instead of the seller hearing me, or listening to me, he started the whole ebay seller protection right and all that, saying I HAVE TO SHIP THEM BACK! He then started to get really nasty, and kind of very very pushy.

I ended up closing the case myself, and took the hit. The problem was not UPS, but the sender not packaging the wooden box content appropriately.

The seller shipped the wooden box packaged well on the outside, but what he failed to do was to add any packaging inside the wooden box to prevent what happened happening.

I left negative feedback on their ebay account, but low and behold ebay removed the negative feedback.

Kcore

Micky, your honesty and sense of fair play are part what make you a TOP guy!!!

I am very glad to hear customs issue are all worked out and you have a good source for A7750s!

SSTEEL

Well I managed to repair the box, and stakes holder. Just need to individually inspect, and clean each stake next, which will take a while.

14127400131_dd34db113c_o.jpgSANY8148 by Micky.!, on Flickr

13944052367_1d0abe3f48_o.jpgSANY8149 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14127746852_4d31910376_o.jpgSANY8147 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14127402411_e6e059ab31_o.jpgSANY8150 by Micky.!, on Flickr

zinnboy

Wow! You've got a lot of stuff. :)

kkz88

Look nice

SSTEEL

Surprising how much you really need to be able to carry out the various work with watches.

Look nice

Looks better than it did when I unboxed it lol

zinnboy

Surprising how much you really need to be able to carry out the various work with watches.

Look nice

Looks better than it did when I unboxed it lol

Yeah. Imagine all the stuff PP has for servicing watches.

J!m

Chuck the stakes in the drill press and use 0000 grade steel wool. They will shine up nicely (light oil after polishing, or use a hard paste wax) and any bent stakes will show up quick spinning in the drill.

Aren

Looks great Micky. You fixed it up nicely, and what a great set !!!

Too bad it wasn't packaged and shipped better, but that was a hell of a deal.

Yes, I never ceased to be amazed about the cost of the kit on my wish list.

Nice purchase Micky :cheerleader2: