Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

SSTEEL

Thanks, good ideal that Jim about using my drill press to clean up the stakes, will get some wire wool, and wax.

Yes Aren, shocking, just hope that too many aren't bent.

Anyhow, another few investments to keep the eye candy rolling...

First up, the Triple Hand Press from Horotec. I have the single hand press, and love it, but its time consuming having to switch out the derlin dies on it so thought I would treat myself to this one...

13958009930_0b059f8184_o.pngHorotec Tripple Hand Press by Micky.!, on Flickr

Hand tool Horotec for watchmakers , Hand fitting press , levers for hands swiss

Running low on tube, and crown gaskets, which also come in handy for waterproofing AP reps as I always like to add additional gaskets to those small bezel screw shafts.

MINI ASSORTED RUBBER TAP SINK WASHERS SEALS O RING PLUMBI...

Also surprising how I'm getting through stems for the 28XX series, so found this seller who sells really good quality stems unlike cheaper places where the finishing is crap.

15 pcs. Stainless Steel 0242 Watch Stems For ETA 2824-2 R...

This is from Germany ebay, a watch case, and movement holder (spring loaded). I am still on a question to find the right one I can settle with, so far the RWG tool kit case holder has gone through many transitions, and modifications to not only grip the watch stead, but also to remove any risk of scratching the watch case.

Gehäusehalter + Werkhalter S1 QUICK vom FACHHANDEL

My casing cushions have seen better days, and I did plan on getting Bergeon replacements, but have come to realise that Horotec quality is pretty much on par so opted for a 50mm and 70mm from a great seller on eBay based in France.

Casing cushion Felt Horotec swiss made to choose diameter 50 to 75mm 50mm

Casing cushion Felt Horotec swiss made to choose diameter 50 to 75mm 70mm

Needed to stock up on case back gaskets, so went for a pack of these, these are great quality, unlike checker ones you will find out there which are useless, and very poor quality.

750 Pcs O-Ring 0169C Gasket Watches 12 13 14 - 19 20 22 2...

My round nose pliers arrived that I ordered a while ago, and they are crap, there's a watford gap in them when closed, rending them useless for making click springs, so found this pair of pliers, recommended to me by a friend who's a jeweller...

Cousin precision comfort fine round nose pliers soft grip handles for jewellery

Now these are great, dust covers, I posted about them before, I have four now, and find them an asset to ant watchmaking work and organisation. I have a queue system set up with customers watches, and these dust covers are ideal to safely store the watches so they are protected from every watchmakers nightmare, dust.

Dust Cover for Watch Movement Repair Part Tool

Needle files, my old ones have pretty much worn out. I will find some diamond ones eventually.

Assorted Needle Files Hobby Craft Jewelers Watchmakers Me...

Running low on certain spring bars too, so invested in a few various sizes.

New 21-30mm Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Watchmakers Spring ...

360 Pcs Stainless Steel Watch Band Spring Bars & Strap Li...

360 Pcs Watch Band Spring Bars Strap Link Pins Stainless ...

And thats a wrap folk's.!

Kcore

Nice list Micky but it looks like you missed an item, circular click springs from Otto ;)

J!m
Thanks, good ideal that Jim about using my drill press to clean up the stakes, will get some wire wool, and wax.

>glad to help!

Yes Aren, shocking, just hope that too many aren't bent.

>use three sockets in a bench vice to press them into shape if needed. May or may not be precise enough...

Anyhow, another few investments to keep the eye candy rolling...

First up, the Triple Hand Press from Horotec. I have the single hand press, and love it, but its time consuming having to switch out the derlin dies on it so thought I would treat myself to this one...

13958009930_0b059f8184_o.pngHorotec Tripple Hand Press by Micky.!, on Flickr

Hand tool Horotec for watchmakers , Hand fitting press , levers for hands swiss

>want a hand press. More useful than my crystal press since I usually use the drill press to press crystals.

Running low on tube, and crown gaskets, which also come in handy for waterproofing AP reps as I always like to add additional gaskets to those small bezel screw shafts.

MINI ASSORTED RUBBER TAP SINK WASHERS SEALS O RING PLUMBI...

> I know you are in Europe but I also found most o-rings are crap. For the 'Americans ofrei gaskets are top notch too. My preferred.

Also surprising how I'm getting through stems for the 28XX series, so found this seller who sells really good quality stems unlike cheaper places where the finishing is crap.

15 pcs. Stainless Steel 0242 Watch Stems For ETA 2824-2 R...

>wholesale outlet 990 on eBay has good mechanical parts. I have ought quite a bit from them now.

This is from Germany ebay, a watch case, and movement holder (spring loaded). I am still on a question to find the right one I can settle with, so far the RWG tool kit case holder has gone through many transitions, and modifications to not only grip the watch stead, but also to remove any risk of scratching the watch case.

Gehäusehalter + Werkhalter S1 QUICK vom FACHHANDEL

My casing cushions have seen better days, and I did plan on getting Bergeon replacements, but have come to realise that Horotec quality is pretty much on par so opted for a 50mm and 70mm from a great seller on eBay based in France.

Casing cushion Felt Horotec swiss made to choose diameter 50 to 75mm 50mm

Casing cushion Felt Horotec swiss made to choose diameter 50 to 75mm 70mm

> I don't use the cushions as much as I thought I would.

Needed to stock up on case back gaskets, so went for a pack of these, these are great quality, unlike checker ones you will find out there which are useless, and very poor quality.

750 Pcs O-Ring 0169C Gasket Watches 12 13 14 - 19 20 22 2...

My round nose pliers arrived that I ordered a while ago, and they are crap, there's a watford gap in them when closed, rending them useless for making click springs, so found this pair of pliers, recommended to me by a friend who's a jeweller...

Cousin precision comfort fine round nose pliers soft grip handles for jewellery

Now these are great, dust covers, I posted about them before, I have four now, and find them an asset to ant watchmaking work and organisation. I have a queue system set up with customers watches, and these dust covers are ideal to safely store the watches so they are protected from every watchmakers nightmare, dust.

Dust Cover for Watch Movement Repair Part Tool

Needle files, my old ones have pretty much worn out. I will find some diamond ones eventually.

Assorted Needle Files Hobby Craft Jewelers Watchmakers Me...

> I would not bother with diamond files. Stick with good tool steel ones as tgefinish is better so you have less sanding and polishing after.

Running low on certain spring bars too, so invested in a few various sizes.

New 21-30mm Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Watchmakers Spring ...

360 Pcs Stainless Steel Watch Band Spring Bars & Strap Li...

360 Pcs Watch Band Spring Bars Strap Link Pins Stainless ...

And thats a wrap folk's.!

SSTEEL

Nice list Micky but it looks like you missed an item, circular click springs from Otto ;)

Of course, how can I forget, thanks for helping me out on those mate, Otto wanting over $50 shipping for something so light and small is plain crazy!

DR3M3L

Of course, how can I forget, thanks for helping me out on those mate, Otto wanting over $50 shipping for something so light and small is plain crazy!

Kcore is forwarding those forbyou? :D Awesome, shipping prices to the EU are always crazy at Otto :(

SSTEEL

Sure is, agree, Otto must be losing so much business due to their crazy shipping charges.

DR3M3L

Indeed, did you ever buy directly from them? Are they shipping using fedex, dhl or something? Can't be just airmail for such a high price.

SSTEEL

I think I purchased something ages ago from them, and even then I seem to recall being annoyed at the postage charged, this was however before I discovered Superman, *cough* Kcore :P

DR3M3L
I think I purchased something ages ago from them, and even then I seem to recall being annoyed at the postage charged, this was however before I discovered Superman, *cough* Kcore :P

Hero!

SSTEEL

Here's that movement holder I mentioned earlier, I don't know how I managed without one of these, they are brilliant, one hand operation spring loaded slides, squeeze with one hand, and hold movement in place, and release slowly, and you have a secure movement being held in place :)

14184029245_6e3d8c3cac_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

13997357759_d4f4c79c31_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

13997374710_e8d7f7e4d6_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

And my Case Back gasket assortment arrived too today :)

14181409662_fe95669c3b_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

SSTEEL

Finally found a vintage watch parts cleaner in full working order. Managed to win it on eBay for £122.

Its an Elma Singen (Super Elite) with timer. Its in its original state, but I plan on refurbishing it. If I can find a local powder coater, I will get the metal parts powder coated, but failing that, I will strip it down, sand all the metal parts, and spray them white.

Sadly it doesn't come with any baskets, or basket cage, and they are discontinued now, but luckily, cousinsuk sells Elma compatible parts from their Elma range, including new jar lids, and even jars, so those will help with the restoration.

Seller would only ship to a UK address, so thankful, Hazz to the rescue.! Thanks mate.

Onto the photos...

14266562265_8d0499f306_s.jpgwatchpartscleaner1 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14079926528_1a6539674e_s.jpgwatchpartscleaner3 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14079963160_9258b97e78_s.jpgwatchpartscleaner4 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14286745863_ec54f0c6c2_s.jpgwatchpartscleaner5 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14266176914_e81dd36473_s.jpgwatchpartscleaner7 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14286749493_9c8ee40c71_s.jpgwatchpartscleaner9 by Micky.!, on Flickr

It shall look as good as new by the time I have finished restoring it. I will rewire it too, and check the heater components.

Also purchased some 4mm Horotec Hand levers. The RWG kit ones have served their purpose for the small sub-dial hands, but I have noticed they are starting to wear, and they could do with smoothing down.

Oh, and ordered some more Acetone.

$_12.GIF

SSTEEL

For anyone wonder what goes into the jars, and the process of the cleaning is, here's a quote from the blog linked below from a guy who has restored a similar model, but without timer.

The filled basket is than attached to a corresponding mounting under the motor unit. The latter features suction blades that create a liquid stream through the basket when it is submersed (ca. 1-2 cm deep) and then turned with the motor (low to half speed maximum).

Cleaning starts in the left jar (4) for three to five minutes (Elma 1:9 cleaning concentrate - concentrate 1 : 9 tap water, two marks on the jar show the correct fill heights). After that the basket is moved out of the liquid and centrifuged for 30 secs on full speed to get the liquid out of it.

The complete procedure is then repeated with the second jar (5) which holds distilled water and the third jar (6) which holds Elma Suprol solution.

Finally the basket is moved to the already pre-heated heating tube (7) where it is centrifuged for some minutes to get everything completely dry again (Elma Suprol is quite volatile and should disappear without traces).

After the last stage the movement should be quite if not perfectly clean already. However, it might still be necessary to remove some rust and other remaining grease / dirt (if not happened already before all this -> I recommend a good inspection under the loupe before and after the cleaning procedure).

Compared with the manual cleaning of a watch movement, this machine is very fast, effective and actually - fun.

https://blog.noq2.net/a-watch-cleaning-machine.html

kkz88

Actually I bids on it £120

So,u won i happy for u Micky I found a jar at cousin £14 only.

SSTEEL

So it was you who bid me up :P

;)

kkz88

I have plan to buy service mechine,brand new i found £1200 including VAT.I though someone else won.i didn't know u bids on it.i really need it that why I bids on it.

SSTEEL

Its ok, I really needed it too hence why I won it :P

DR3M3L

Another order just in from CousinsUK :D

qe9enyzy.jpg

uzu3y2ug.jpg

SSTEEL

:thumbs up:

I'll raise you..

14094751039_b3c90e71fe_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

State of play the other day..

14088161277_b5dd87334d_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

The lengths I go to to protect customers watches :)

14279730812_4d7c549736_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Basically the net bag is to protect the watch crystal, insert, and pearl should the bezel/crystal pop off the watch under pressure. Reason I have started to do this above is I had an incident where the bezel and crystal popped off, and the pearl got cracked as a result.

DR3M3L

That A*F holder is fantastic, I have one too :D Bench looks good Micky and the net bag is a great idea :)

SSTEEL

That A*F holder is fantastic, I have one too :D Bench looks good Micky and the net bag is a great idea :)

It works as intended mate, I am also planning on using the same on my bezel remover so it catches the bezel, again preventing accidental scratching.

Anyhow, tools, and accessories update, latest cousinsuk order arrived :D

14103399637_4c25fbca9b_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14286608301_4a7d8fff29_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Peg and pith wood, Bergeon carbon fibre movement holder, Horotec Oscillating weight tool for 2894, and some ETA 7750 movements.

Also some clear plastic storage compartment boxes which I plan on using the next time I do my stock taking. Oh and some more dial dots.

DR3M3L

What's the size of your green work mat? Mine is quite small, got the one from Bergeon... It's like a4 size :P

SSTEEL

My green graphed/Lined mat is 3M Joran. My light green work mats are these from cousins, I have a few, great value for money.

235 x 350mm, Cousins (adhesive backed)

I think I have enough Acetone to last me a little while :P

14106260720_706f1400fa_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

kkz88

My green mat work crazy look like air cushion.I brought before cheap one £7 under the sticky glue on it. now this one make me sick.i am not happy with this one I pay £7.85.i need to buy another one.any idea how to make flat please I already control with glue not working I try to take out air not work(pop)

4yparu8e.jpg

Anti static bench mat AF183.573

J!m

Wow- suprising as the A-F brand stuff is usually top notch...

DR3M3L
My green mat work crazy look like air cushion.I brought before cheap one £7 under the sticky glue on it. now this one make me sick.i am not happy with this one I pay £7.85.i need to buy another one.any idea how to make flat please I already control with glue not working I try to take out air not work(pop)

4yparu8e.jpg

Anti static bench mat AF183.573

Glue didn't work mate? That looks like a great mat, except for the air underneath... I glued my bergeon fully on the table.