Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

kkz88

I did mate not really like before I show u before both side green 2 mat still good but I want to change little dirty.duvy5ura.jpg

Please look both side still good even when I take off sticky.

e7uqyha2.jpg

Middle one oh man

DR3M3L

You can always just sell it... The Bergeon ones at ebay are $30, I have 3 now and love them.. Only I'm looking for a bigger one like 70x100 cm or something..

kkz88

Never heard that size b4 Joran

SSTEEL

Steve, either contact A*F about your mat, I'm sure they will sort you out a new one FOC.

See the cousinsuk link I posted earlier, these mate I have are superb mate. 235 x 350mm, Cousins (adhesive backed)

kkz88

Today morning when I woke up I look at my table anti static bench may AF193.573 oh,I'm not happy with this mat.I need to change new one like before -

he2yna3y.jpg

As u can see mate

Hakaman

Sorry to interrupt… SSTEEL and all posting here… GREAT THREAD read from start to finish

Completely over my head but so cool to see the development of your workspace in such a short time

Awaiting the arrival of my first Rep (Two incoming: TC V6 and a Helenarou 5517) but am already looking forward to something breaking so I can have you look at it :D

Thanks for the entertainment!

SSTEEL

You're welcome :)

DR3M3L

Just cleaned the room and build up a new workspace. Outside the picture is a spacial chair for me working at the hight of my head. :) Finally able to organize all the mess! Only need to label the part boxes that'll be stored in a new closet behind me.... Too many parts to place them on the table :lmao: also bought a new lighttent to photograph the watches and movements without setting it up everytime :D I love it!

ebyvypar.jpg

yba3uqy3.jpg

SSTEEL

Looks superb mate. Talking of labelling parts boxes, I have done that but found myself having to juggle them around to get the part I'm looking for, so, to be quite honest my set up of parts bins as seen in my earlier photos sucks.

So with this in mind, I started looking for some wooden drawers, and found some on the bay, and bid on some nice vintage compartment bench top wooden chest of drawers on, and having seen what some of these sell for from past auctions, I didn't think I would win the auction at my place bid, but low, and behold, I won!

Height 22cms Width 38cms Depth 29cms. Six drawers, each draw has 40+ divided compartments :)

Here they are..

14276375456_c85dea0c9f_o.jpgWooden drawers by Micky.!, on Flickr

These drawers will replace the red storage bins seen in the photo below. These red trays will then go into some under the bench draws for storing parts etc that I don't need to use daily. Oh wait, I don't have any under bench drawers. Thats something else I need to get, or make, but probably buy :lol:

14120791784_091977f8e2_o.jpgParts Storage by Micky.!, on Flickr

Oh, and as mentioned earlier about those clear plastic storage trays, I did manage to do some stocktaking last night. What a mundane job this was, sorting out screws. OCD has his downsides you know :lol:

14291298465_1503a4f0e3_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

DR3M3L

That's a great drawer!! I have one under the bench with 5 drawers, that's where I keep the cases and bigger tools like the crystal press etc.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit the ikea with the wife... So, let's look for some nice drawers/other small part containers :) The ikea is so much fun, until you have to pay.... :lmao:

SSTEEL

Ikea is great, I got a few large clear rubber work top protection mats from Ikea. I guess it will be there were I find some pedestal drawers or three :P

Good luck with your shopping :)

kkz88

Sometime do u lost 2836-2,2824 and 7750 jewel clip?here is new way to save the jewel control tool.u will never lost again.always the same place.here -

First u need pegwood re9eda9y.jpg

Need to sharp same size of jewel aratetu7.jpg

Make center small hole

merazavy.jpg

As u can see top like (hand press tool )

reme5y7y.jpg

Here is result.just gentle turn it.it will be go in.great tool u can try it.

SSTEEL

Steven, I don't quite understand what you are trying to explain, are you referring to the balance bridge top jewel retainer, the one that clips in and holds the top jewel? There's a few different types, I have lost the Novodiac first type...

NOVODIAC

incabloc_novodiac.jpg

KIF & INCABLOC

incabloc.gif

243774.jpg

kkz88

Some of 2836-2,2824 and 7750 are like that I don't know how to call them

4u2u5a9u.jpg

I mean this one u can use this my tool.sorry hard to explain.what u show the picture jewel clip are can't use.i know that take off with needle.

kkz88

Novodiac type only u can use with my tool.u can't use incabloc type.

SSTEEL

Ah, ok, I think I understand now. Your tool aids refitting the Novodiac jewel clip? I find that the problem is removing the clip, but if your tool, method aids the removal, and refitting, then its a great idea.

J!m

Looks like it works with the novodiac- press and turn to release or install...

SSTEEL

A few more arrivals including a third head mounted magnifier for experimenting purposes, this one is bottom left, notice how it has a similar head band quick release, and tighten fitting like the Optivisor,*Top

14157586147_8b714c41ec_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Some more X-Acto blacks, number 11. These are not only ideal for opening packages, but perfect for trimming down your peg wood, and even removing date wheel overlays.

14356326413_bb60c2dcd8_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Poly Watch, perfect for removing scratches from plexi's. GS Hypo Cement, many uses this stuff, its brilliant, but I always seem to struggle getting the pin attached to the top back into the surgical type applicator tip..

14142070420_e6a731e015_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14142162357_c089a689dc_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Whilst I have a minute to post photos, I want to show you what I use to remove any moisture that has gotten into a watch case, or movement.

Uncooked rice can also be used. Basically, I use these instead of uncooked rice..

Silica sachets.

14140491927_4b744708fa_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

The put them in a container which has a firm fitting lid..

14347208363_c6052ce927_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Then place the watch/movement in between the silica or uncooked rice, and fit the lid, and leave for two days. The Silica, or uncooked rice will slowly extract any moisture that has got into the watch case/movement.

14323686101_dcc1ce81f2_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

kkz88

Great work Micky

A lot of stuff u got there....

:-)

SSTEEL

Heaps more coming too, including some genuine Omega parts (restocking), plus a load of difference grade glass paper.

fraggle42

I've got 8 x 0.5Kg bags of silicate (yes, 4Kg in total!)

I had a problem with slight damp in a car, and the garage has bikes in it, the bike garage wasn't secure so couldn't get the car inside to leave the roof off in the warm for a month to dry it out.

Found these huge bags of silicate and they did the job, a couple in the boot, one behind each seat.

Now hiding in the airing cupboard for next time :)

DR3M3L

Micky, what Omega parts did you order? :)

SSTEEL

Mostly Crowns, and tubes for the various Planet Oceans that suffer with the stripped threads mate.

DR3M3L

Just got the Topcraft TSM 125, will replace the stones with two polishing wheels and my polishing machine will be ready for use :)

ehyhadas.jpg

SSTEEL

Similar to mine that Joran, not used mine much at all due to a lack of enclosure for the wheels, but will get some made, or get those on cousins you showed me ;)

Got these today..

14393998561_4e18247e45_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

None of them fit the bloody PAM I wanted to open though, so ordered a 41.5mm case back tool.