Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

DR3M3L

Aah thanks, I didn't know :P I didn't work on a gen 3135 movement yet, only some refinishing jobs done on gen Rollies... Will get myself a second hand movement soon when I have the funds again so I can practise on this movement :D

10:10 Watch Repair

I tried these hands from WSO advertised for a Rolex 3135, and they would not fit a A3135, or a Y3135.

I haven't had that problem, but I buy hands from a supply house. WSO doesn't really know what fits or what they have, for example their VJ72 hands aren't even close.

SSTEEL

Mind sharing the supply house? I could do with finding a supplier. I have a couple of movement suppliers who have been great regarding my needs.

kkz88
Mind sharing the supply house? I could do with finding a supplier. I have a couple of movement suppliers who have been great regarding my needs.

What kind of movement do u need.i can get it for you.2 week ago I order 4movement 2 A7750 and 2 A2836-2 almost home.my mate get it for me.

Let me know ....

10:10 Watch Repair

They're local in Los Angeles:

Smith Supply House

Hovig's Supply House

I think Smith does mail order, but for both I walk in.

DR3M3L

Just got in:

yzerery8.jpg

And YES it's a mess on my desk, and NO it's friday evening so I'm not going to clean it :D

Have to pick up the other package from the postoffice tomorrow as I didn't had enough cash at home to pay the customs fee at the door.... :(

Kcore
Just got in:

yzerery8.jpg

Looks like you'll be able to some some great Daiquiris and other frozen delights in that mixer ;)

SSTEEL

They're local in Los Angeles:

Smith Supply House

Hovig's Supply House

I think Smith does mail order, but for both I walk in.

Thanks, will look them up. Currently I deal with cousinsuk, Gleave&Co, and HSWalsh, all in the UK.

SSTEEL

Looking good Joran, you didn't hold out for the 5555/98 Bergeon then.

DR3M3L
Looking good Joran, you didn't hold out for the 5555/98 Bergeon then.

That's right, though I compared a few and didn't order the most cheap one from the bay. ;) The cheaper version has a different pump inside, this one is actually pretty good compared to the 5555/98! I'm saving the money for after the summer, investing in a 10 bar tester :)

SSTEEL

Cool. My friend has made a 10Bar conversion kit for the 5555/98, and I will be buying one from him later this year.

DR3M3L
Cool. My friend has made a 10Bar conversion kit for the 5555/98, and I will be buying one from him later this year.

What's the max pressure possible for the crystal? I hope to buy a dry pressure tester one day...

SSTEEL

The kit I'm getting has its own tube, which is much thicker than the one fitted in the 5555/98. I would post a photo, but I need to ask permission first.

DR3M3L

Cool! Waiting for pics :D

SSTEEL

As I have wound things down in prep for my upcoming vacation in a few days, I took the opportunity to clear my work benches, and do a spot of cleaning and reorganisation of my layout. Its pretty much the same, apart from my drill press, which I have moved across the one bench a little, and turned it to face the edge of the bench, making more of my tools more accessible that before.

Rare photos here, tidy, and clutter free :P

This is customers holding area, my queue system where customers watches are placed in the queue. Also obviously my parts area too.

14634328125_87c9dd19bf_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Where the magic happens, the main focal point.

14447714708_98ab0787aa_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Side shot of the bench with my drill press etc. After my vacation, I will be getting some pedestal drawers which will go under my benches, and most of the things you see in the photo below will be stored in those drawers.

14632180824_106d1bac80_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

And front view, much more working area cleared now :)

14447911977_a0bf66e0d1_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

DR3M3L

I've done exactly the same thing today Micky! Looking good, you've plenty more space then I do, I need to got a second bench as I'm already storing tools in a normal closet... Here's my bench at the moment:

pu4agapu.jpg

Second bench will be made/ordered soon, I'm going to make it a bench for testing, quality checks and refinishing. Also, I've found some drawers for under the bench with small storage boxes inside! Also, Micky, where do you have your ultrasonic cleaner? I have one water based on my bench for bracelets and all kind of other big parts. But, my child is lying in the next room and thus I moved the normal ultrasonic cleaner outside as the liquid I mix myself is smelling way to chemical.. It quite scares me having the cleaner with the chemical stuff inside.

SSTEEL

My industrial ultrasonic cleaner is up front as you can see in my photo, this is for bracelets, and general cleaning with the correct formula for that, and for internal watch parts my smaller cleaner is up on the shelf, this will all change once I get my watch parts cleaner I purchased six weeks ago, its still not arrived yet, seems to have gone AWOL, had it sent Hazz, who kindly forwarded onto myself, but the agent he used is very very slow. :(

SSTEEL

What's the max pressure possible for the crystal? I hope to buy a dry pressure tester one day...

The kit I'm getting has its own tube, which is much thicker than the one fitted in the 5555/98. I would post a photo, but I need to ask permission first.

Cool! Waiting for pics :D

Here's a couple of photos of the 10BAR conversion kit Joran..

The Tube

14640282094_bf127ef991_o.jpgphoto by Micky.!, on Flickr

And the frame

14619490126_5cfba27ede_o.jpgphoto by Micky.!, on Flickr

And just for fun, a photo I just stumbled upon of my work benches when I was starting out!

9654206582_323399e79c_o.jpgWatchmaker Workbench 2/09/2013 by Micky.!, on Flickr

SSTEEL

Couple of new photos of the finished 10BAR 5555/98 conversion kit constructed.

14642377884_99080ae54f_h.jpgBerg1 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14644143672_9abe2e9d89_h.jpgBerg2 by Micky.!, on Flickr

binatang

Just got in:

yzerery8.jpg

And YES it's a mess on my desk, and NO it's friday evening so I'm not going to clean it :D

Have to pick up the other package from the postoffice tomorrow as I didn't had enough cash at home to pay the customs fee at the door.... :(

Hi! Joran.

I was looking to get pressure tester similar to yours (not Bergeon).

Was it easy to disassemble? Meaning can the acrylic tube be detached from the base easily?

Was wondering how easy this is to clean

Edited by binatang

DR3M3L

Just got in:

yzerery8.jpg

Hi! Joran.

I was looking to get pressure tester similar to yours (not Bergeon).

Was it easy to disassemble? Meaning can the acrylic tube be detached from the base easily?

Was wondering how easy this is to clean

It is easy to disassamble! Just like the bergeon 5555/98 :) Will do a comparison with pics soon ;)

binatang

Thanks Joran. Look forward to seeing your review :)

SSTEEL

Finally I now have some drawers, I was after some quality ones for ages, and these beauties popped up on my radar locally, €90 euros a pop, but very solid, and well made, they should last me years.

14906764445_86b16739ba.jpgMore storage at last by Micky.!, on Flickr

DR3M3L

Looks great Micky!! I'm going to update again soon, got some great new tools and expecting quite a few too :D

SSTEEL

Looks great Micky!! I'm going to update again soon, got some great new tools and expecting quite a few too :D

Cheers Joran, I believe you mate, the investments are something that never stop, there's always something else needed, or some tool that is required, or something that makes a particular job easier, and for those tools that don't exist, you use your grey matter, and make your own tool, I have made a few now.