Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

SSTEEL

Few more investments. I have finally retired the good ole RWG tool kit case knife, replacing it with a Swiss made Bergeon.

15061323242_dc295eac26.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Purchased some brass tweezers a while ago, and they were crap, so replacements arrived today from cousinsuk..

14875097028_e853530360.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Some more screwdrivers, these are reserved for working on watches that are not replicas.

14865759027_840fcc0a5a.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

DR3M3L

Nice order again Micky! Still didn't take pics of my recent additions, will do as soon as I got some spare time to do so!

trailboss99

Oooooo! I wonder if that conversion kit will fit the Chinese clone? How much mate?

DR3M3L

Package nr 1:

y4ypu9ed.jpg

- optivisor

- pair of hand removers lever styles

- oiler set

- Anchor lume kit

- springbar tool

- a watch cushion jumbo version

- sealing grease

- 4x dust cover

Package 2:

y2y2atug.jpg

Noctilumina kit, damn that stuff glows like a torch!

Package 3:

re5ejy5e.jpg

semaja6a.jpg

- Watch winder

- handpress tool

- bezel remover

- crystal press

- die set for crystal press

- bezel press die set

- DSSD die for the rolex opener

I'm happy for a while :)

SSTEEL

Nice little stash that mate, looking good. I wish I knew you were after one of those winders, I have one exactly the same I got ages ago, but was offered a Bergeon Final Test (ORANGE/SLOW) model at a good price.

If anyone ready this thread wants to buy it from me, I'm sure we can work something out, its not expensive, but shipping will probably cost €35

@Col, no idea if the 5555/98 conversion kit would fit the clone mate, and don't have a Chinese WE tester to check it with either. As to the conversion kit costs, I will have to check with my friend.

DR3M3L

Oh, I forgot this one!

ry5u6uta.jpg

Tube removal tool :)

Kcore

At the risk of sounding gay, I love this thread!!! Tools, tools, tools and not the posters ;)

DR3M3L
At the risk of sounding gay, I love this thread!!! Tools, tools, tools and not the posters ;)

Are you a tool? :D

SSTEEL

Hey Joran, do yourself a favour, and replace that Anchor spring bar tool for the Bergeon 6767F, you will thank me for it later!

Kcore

Are you a tool? :D

nah

DR3M3L
Hey Joran, do yourself a favour, and replace that Anchor spring bar tool for the Bergeon 6767F, you will thank me for it later!

Too late for that mate! :D Aready have one from Bergeon (don't know if it's the 6767F though...), but want to use a cheaper one on cheaper watches as I replaced the tip twice breaking it off when using it on broken springbars with apparently too much force :P

Here's what it looks like now, please excuse me for the mess, I'm going on vacation remember?! No time to clean up!

uzumadeq.jpg

dyra7a6e.jpg

qe5yju8e.jpg

6a9enapy.jpg

As the polishing machine is making many dust I'm now only using it as a cleaning tool, I ordered a bigger and better polishing machine for outside to do polishing and refinishing :)

binatang

Very cool Joran. Where do you order your stuff from?

I got a Chinese version of the Bergeon 5601 case press.

It is really the best. Easy to use, positive feel & short travel.

Switched to it because almost every watchmaker in Asia i have visited has one.

Was guessing they all must be on to something.

ado213

Oooooo! I wonder if that conversion kit will fit the Chinese clone? How much mate?

It should fit straight onto the Chinese. There is a certain amount of self fitting to do, but its all fairly straight forward. you can use the manual hand pump or go directly onto a compressor feed with this unit , runs safely at a max of 12 bar. The chamber is completely removable along with the bottom plate, which allows thorough cleaning.

No final costs at the moment, this is the first built. But if I can get 10 "maybe's" across the forums i'll get the costing together for approval

DR3M3L

It should fit straight onto the Chinese. There is a certain amount of self fitting to do, but its all fairly straight forward. you can use the manual hand pump or go directly onto a compressor feed with this unit , runs safely at a max of 12 bar. The chamber is completely removable along with the bottom plate, which allows thorough cleaning.

No final costs at the moment, this is the first built. But if I can get 10 "maybe's" across the forums i'll get the costing together for approval

Col and me makes two already :)

DR3M3L

Check out the watchbitz.com.au, the service is great and it's a well known seller. If not from there I buy from: The RWG shop, CousinsUK and a local watchmaker who can buy parts from Swatch for me :)

JSJ

Check out the watchbitz.com.au, the service is great and it's a well known seller.

Mmm looks like a very well-know seller to me :giggle:

Where do you buy the Noctilumina kit please? Looks very interesting.

DR3M3L

Check out the watchbitz.com.au, the service is great and it's a well known seller.

Mmm looks like a very well-know seller to me :giggle:

Where do you buy the Noctilumina kit please? Looks very interesting.

Noctilumina sells directly, got 15% watchmaker discount and paid a very fair price compared to Tritec. The glow is awesome! Only did the pearl on this one:

uve7ugur.jpg

First a layer of white paint:

5ajamusy.jpg

Then 3 layers of lume:

durujuhu.jpg

vara3e4e.jpg

Turn off the lights and see why I LOVE this stuff:

zenu8ugy.jpg

As you can see the pearls is 10 times as bright as the factory lume. But, though, it's exactly the same color:

a8ytyjyg.jpg

Oh and it's still visible in daylight after charging :D

y4ubenut.jpg

I can really recommend Noctilumina, Scott is a great guy to deal with and very quick in communication. The lume quality is so much better then expected and some well know relumers from other boards prefer Noctilumina instead of Tritec. There's a review somewhere on WUS I thought comparing Tritec with Noctilumina where the results shown a brighter glow of the noctilumina and both lasting about the same time.

Kcore

Check out the watchbitz.com.au, the service is great and it's a well known seller. If not from there I buy from: The RWG shop, CousinsUK and a local watchmaker who can buy parts from Swatch for me :)

Joran, PBR said you order your tools from "Tinkerers.com"

Couldn't resist :0

JSJ

Thanks Joran that is great info. I'm gonna order some Noctiluma.

DR3M3L

If I where you I would go with two starters kit's, those include the fine and ultra fine pigments of the color you choose. Also go with binder 3, that's the best binder I ever had! It's just not getting sticky within a few minutes and smooths out very nicely. The color I got is B17, same as BG W9 from tritec. To get the green C3 kind of stuff you'll need the G15!

JSJ

If I where you I would go with two starters kit's, those include the fine and ultra fine pigments of the color you choose. Also go with binder 3, that's the best binder I ever had! It's just not getting sticky within a few minutes and smooths out very nicely. The color I got is B17, same as BG W9 from tritec. To get the green C3 kind of stuff you'll need the G15!

OK that's really helpful thanks. Where are you using the UltraFine pigments? He says they don't glow as long and the Fine ones work in nearly all cases.

And Binder 3 - is it better than the Tritec? I have some Tritec and it's pretty close to nail varnish I'd say (not that I use nail varnish but I know someone who does :giggle:)

DR3M3L

OK that's really helpful thanks. Where are you using the UltraFine pigments? He says they don't glow as long and the Fine ones work in nearly all cases.

And Binder 3 - is it better than the Tritec? I have some Tritec and it's pretty close to nail varnish I'd say (not that I use nail varnish but I know someone who does :giggle:)

Never had the tritec binder, but I used different brands of binders, different kind of clear enamels and different types of nail varnish. Now I used this binder I'll never go back :P It's so much easier to work with...

The ultra fine is included in the starterskit together with the fine one. Both have a very good glow and I used the ultra fine one for the pearl. The fine one mixed great too and I actually don't see much difference at all! The glow and color seem to be exactly the same. Only difference is the way of drying- the ultra fine dries a cleaner and more flat then the fine one but you need magnification to see the difference..

SSTEEL

Col and me makes two already :)

Don't forget me, first on that list after Ad ;)

ado213

Your already on the list Micky, am I looking at three "maybe's" here ?

SSTEEL

Look like it Ad, I'm committed to buy mate. Joran is in Holland, Colin in Australia.