Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

SSTEEL

Photos of latest investments which arrived today. I was like a kid at Christmas :boxedin:

10737847246_b50f9c554a_b.jpg

10738065023_47e2c617a3_b.jpg

The daylight lamp will make working so much easier on the eyes now for sure!

Odyseus

Hi Mick

I have exactly the same Dioper lamp as you have ;)

Do you have a link for the watchmakers lamp??

I think it was a good call on the water tester. I has a cheap Chinese version it worked but the release valve was too crude and let all the air back in too quickly! You want to be able to control the depressurisation ;)

SSTEEL

Hi Mick

I have exactly the same Dioper lamp as you have ;)

Do you have a link for the watchmakers lamp??

I think it was a good call on the water tester. I has a cheap Chinese version it worked but the release valve was too crude and let all the air back in too quickly! You want to be able to control the depressurisation ;)

Indeed, here's the link for the 5 Diopter lamp...

Magnifying Lamp with table clamp - 5 Diopter S8069C

Remember import duty is added, but you can pay it when you pay for the lamp, and then its done :)

Odyseus

It was the desk lamp I was interested in ;)

I have the same magnifying lamp as you. I guess Amazon or Cousins will sell them??

You must have spent a fortune so far!! Is definitely worth buying in inspection / long arm microscope - makes working with movements and luming so much easier :)

SSTEEL

It was the desk lamp I was interested in ;)

I have the same magnifying lamp as you. I guess Amazon or Cousins will sell them??

You must have spent a fortune so far!! Is definitely worth buying in inspection / long arm microscope - makes working with movements and luming so much easier :)

Amazon, Cousins, and HSWalsh sell the exact same daylight, but it cost more, I tracked down the company that makes them, and found their ebay account, thus saving myself around €40 euros delivered :D

Yes, the costs involved so far are mounting up, but needs must :D

Stereo Microscope is on the cards after Christmas ;)

Here the daylight lamp mate...

Official Daylight Company Triple Bright Table Lamp D32500...

fraggle42

SSTEEL

If anoyone's after that magnifying lamp and they're in the UK you can get it cheaper here:-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d37063523

Thats a great price for the 5 Diopter!

Chavezzito

Stereo Microscope is on the cards after Christmas ;)

I have one, took it home from work...never used and they were going to throw it to the bin, I can take a pic of it if you are interested...special price ;)

SSTEEL

Oh, now you're talking, email me some photos of it please M ;)

Chavezzito

Will do during the weekend!

Olly

Oh nice !!!!!! Are you a watchsmith SSTEEL ? Also how much did you pay for the pressure tester ?

Cheers,

Olly

SSTEEL

Will do during the weekend!

Oh nice !!!!!! Are you a watchsmith SSTEEL ? Also how much did you pay for the pressure tester ?

Trainee ;) Half retail on the Bergeon. :D

Cheers,

Olly

This is the one I got £175

http://www.brunelmic...uk/longarm.html

Slightly different to what I'm looking for, unless you have added a boom for yours?

SSTEEL

If anoyone's after that magnifying lamp and they're in the UK you can get it cheaper here:-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d37063523

They are out of stock now. Wonder if they will get any more. My sister-in-law wants one now, she works with materials, beads, and those small round reflecting things. Never needed to type the name of them before, so unsure how to spell their name, syliquins?

Olly

???

Chrisby

I'm astounded at the growth rate in your tools :) certainly looks like you could become a Modder on here. Am I correct in thinking you're EU based too?

SSTEEL

Yes Chris, Finland EU :)

Chrisby

Yes Chris, Finland EU :)

Oh goody :) I know I've seen a post saying you'd done some work for people already. Are you at a stage you can take work on yet? It can only be a positive for you and RWG

SSTEEL

Thats right, I have done several TC subs, converting then with genuine parts, some movement swaps, Waterproofing and WR testing, timegrapher tests, and regulating, and finally, polishing jobs.

I'm not quite ready yet on some things though such as full movement strip down, and service. I'm still learning, reading books, and picking the brains of watchmakers ;)

SSTEEL

My Final Test winder. This is the Orange (slow) model, and I do plan on getting the Green (fast) too eventually.

10966886014_e9d3d5a2be_b.jpg

Also invested in a Bergeon 4040 movement holder, and 6767F spring bar tool.

My bench grinder/polisher has landed, photos of that soon :)

Photo from another thread titled "Mine's Bigger than Yours!"..

10815861096_5047d62549_b.jpg

fraggle42

Do you find that 5 diopter magnifying lens powerful enough?

Working it out its 1.25x magnification which isn't much.

I'm guessing you have 10x loupes or equivalent too?

SSTEEL

1.25x is 3 Diopter+, and has a smaller working distance. A 5 Diopter is 2.25x mate and has a working distance of 8 inches, more than enough room to work with tool in-between the mag glass, and watch. I have not received my 5 Diopter mag lamp yet, but should be here soon.

The amount of Diopter needed can vary person to person depending on age. There's a great explanation here on Diopter.

Here's a simple table of the most common Diopters. There are other tables available which note the working distance between the mag lens, and subject.

diopter-magnification.jpg

Regarding loupes, I have several various types, and magnification. I have x10, x20, x30 in the folding, handheld type. I have a x20 clip spectacles clip on type, and another clip on type which clips onto the arm of my spectacles, whereas the other clip on type clips over my spectacles glass lens. I guess a photo would show these better. I will take one whn I get time. The loupe that clips onto the arm of my glasses, I needed to mod it so it fit properly. This is quite common in watchmaking, having to mod loupe for glasses, so I've read.

SSTEEL

My new plier set. :)

10990781746_f7628f9823_b.jpg