Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

For those who came in late.

trailboss99

As you may have noticed our forum is missing. This is the result of a catastrophic disk array failure.

We are currently rebuilding the server and when done will reload the DB (minus two days) and reopen the doors. I expect this will take a couple more days as we are starting from scratch and making a lot of changes we intended to make in a couple of months time.

Since we are down we may as well make 'em now. Thanks for your patience.

Trailboss99

PS: No Schiphol data cables were harmed in the making of this outage.

BentleySharp

Maaaan...

Sorry to hear that...Knew it had to be something serious for it to be down so long.

You all have your work cut out for you. No small task to rebuild, basically, from the ground up I'm assuming. You guys put in so many thankless hours for the forums. I just want you to know it doesn't go unnoticed. :) I think I can speak for the whole forum when I say 'Thank You'.

Just curious. Was this an accidental crash or was it the result of an attack?

trailboss99

Thanks mate and yes, ground up.

Was this an accidental crash or was it the result of an attack?

That is not yet clear, arrays can go down on their own but it's rare. We will look at that after the forum is back. By the time we are finished it will be near impossible for it to happen again.

P4GTR

Losing RWI for this long (the longest in 6-7 years, since it was up?) really gives an appreciation for how much a part of my daily life it is. Missing the darkside crew. I'm... Even slightly missing the CRM at this point. Maybe? Nah. Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

If there is anything I can do to help. :wave:

Mazz

Was. Kink involved ?

Good luck mate

trailboss99

Not really mate, the guys have it in hand. It's a sizable task however as we are migrating platforms to some extent as well as placing some services in the cloud. Major changes take time but rather than pull the whole lot down again in a couple of months we may as well do it now.

Was. Kink involved ?

Good luck mate

Kink is allowed nowhere near our server.

ThinkBachs

This better not mess up my post count over there!

5f725_success-kid-little-boy-fist-on-beach.png

mitchbaria

Sorry to hear of the troubles Boss,,,, I'm sure everything will kick off better then ever....best of luck with all the fixes....

Aren

Sounds like you have everything under control TB and things will work out for the best.

This curve will just allowed you to put things on a better, more secure footing for the future a little ahead of schedule.

In the meantime, it is good to have some RWI mems here with us and I hope all are enjoying their temporary stay.

Thank you and all of you who are doing so much for everyone!

:)

P4GTR

Damn, Mr. T.

200_s.gif

trailboss99

Nope, we have lost two days at the most mate.

dave47

We're all pulling for you, TB; you and the Admins have done comendable jobs in the past when facing attacks on the site or crashes. We'll be patiently waiting for RWI's return. In the interim, just chillin' over here with the rest of the RWI mates. RWG is a damned good, entertaining (and suggestive) site; How often do we get the chance to say FUCK?!

dave

ThinkBachs

I have 4,687 posts in those last two days..... :P

wat44

I can vouch for thinkbachs, I replied to every one of those posts, sometimes twice

Jeff K

I have 4,687 posts in those last two days..... :P

Beemer would have double that!!! :lmao:

nuker

I think we all could wait for the better of RWI and thanks to Col, u're da man, mate :)

trailboss99

We are as of five minutes ago now the proud owners of a pair of cloud servers :)

fatarms

We are as of five minutes ago now the proud owners of a pair of cloud servers :)

Awesome. My entire development and production environment for work is in Amazon's EC2 :)

trailboss99

Good! If we have any problems I'll let you know.

gartfield

Awesome TB. thank you very much. Can't wait to get back home.

When this first happened All I could think of was the worst. I am a moderator on an exotic cat site for the last 7 years. Last year it was hacked by some animal rights activists. Crazy mother fuckers. They nuked the site literally and everyone that was on the site when it went down lost their computers. That is how bad the virus or whatever it was was. We had few thousand members, and was a great place. after months of work got the new site up and running but people haven't returned sadly. Too much crap going on in the exotic animal industry and a lot of people threatening and actually hurting people's animals when they find out you own one. It's sad. Sadly our site is basically dead now. But anyways, that's all I could think of when our site here went down the other day, that it was doomed. So so glad that it's not. Can't wait to get back there TB, and we all appeciate all your work and the work of the mods here. Thanks, George.

fatarms

Good! If we have any problems I'll let you know.

If you put them into the EC2 cloud and need any tips or pointers, let me know :)

trailboss99

Far too much blood, sweat and tears invested to just lie down mate.

Dr.Verylong

Gotta love the Elastic Cloud! Thanks for the heads up!

On second thought: Does that mean that AHW is now Elastigirl?

incredibleselastigirl.jpg

gartfield

I know TB. I am so glad. Thank you

Barth

Great job Boss, and thanks to the whole RWI staff. I have very few occasions to say it, but I love you all, and RWI is an awesome board.