Sign in to follow this  
theslavetrainer

-Take a look at this, Supposed Quality from New Maker.-

theslavetrainer

IMG_0704_zps1e904da2.jpg

This pic says it all, its after the second,disassemble and re-glue of over 7 sections on the dial. This watch is currently touted on a few Trusted Dealer Websites as being made by "New Quality Maker", this versions features include use of the same housing etc as the

7750 version, Saphire Crystal, blah blah blah. I bought the 23j Version and won"t name and shame the TD. However I did buy 3 units,

the one in the pic, stainless and rose gold- 2 pvd with black face, bezel, blue dial rings and stainless steel accents.

I also from another dealer bought a 7750 version of the same as the 2 pvd. Basically to have backup donors was the reason for buying the 2 ,23j black pvd units. The stainless and rose, with white face was a forced issue as i'd paid for 3 of them all only to be told, my first choice was out of stock, a stainless black faced with rose gold.This was only conveyed to me when they hadn't arrived after 2 weeks and I'd paid EMS delivery.

Having an allergy to rubber, I tried to source a stainless bracelet from a TD, then from anywhere, well except- price angels. Finally I found a hideous abortion of a replica which in no way resembles the correct Chaumet model, but it had an over dimensioned stainless bracelet. Seeing that this mob was a TD on another forum, although very dubious - I bought it for 120 US. Amazingly it arrived, the bracelet's end links were solid so I fashioned and reduced its size to match the watch in the pic.

I stress none of these watches had been worn or even moved other than to quality check them, upon eventual arrival. The 7750 I'd bought from the other dealer arrived in 5 days as per norm. It was PERFECT. Now I know people have different tastes in watches but just pay attention for a minute. I took the band off the one in the pic, took measurements and then remade the bracelet and fitted it.

Wow looked good, well what I wanted. But in this time 7 dial items had come off, numbers, markers etc. So I thought oh well, Disassembled it all, reglued them, checked all the other bits on the dial- all firm and re assembled it. By the time, i'd refitted the ss band and basically turned it over to wind and set it...............the pic is what I saw.

This New Quality Maker makes various brands, De Witt, IWC, Frank Muller etc and this is what the dealers Tout- and they wont identify who the maker is either.

This watch made by high grade watch factory !

This watch using high grade 7750 movement (or swiss movement) watch casing !

High grade quality watch.

What would you do? I'm a Knowbie imagine a Newbie?-" But it's a TD, send it back for repair to China?" Follow all the guidelines laid out for dispute resolution?" This makers not identified, and its prices range per site, per watch, for the same product.- In this case from $90 US to $169 US +Freight+Fees. The nature of defect,could be said to have been misuse or abuse by me? On and on it can go.

I simply have this to say, I do not want to get it replaced, refunded, repaired or to crucify the Dealer. I have the skillset to fix

this Abortion. It isn't a high grade quality watch as said above. This maker isn't a high grade maker. I don't want to start an

ongoing thread where people whine from " You get what you pay for" to" Contact Admin for all our sakes" I wont answer

anymore questions put to me, within this thread after this post. Hence its posted in the Flame Free area. Its cost me.

So I'm bringing it to all your attention so it doesn't cost you

Don't,do as me, if you buy, and this happens to you Report It.IMG_0704_zps1e904da2.jpg

Edited by theslavetrainer

P4GTR

what a piece. made me :vomit: a little in my mouth.

Wriggles

Sorry but I'm lost as to the purpose of your post. You don't name the dealer, but simply by what you wrote it doesn't take anyone with significant IQ to figure out which dealer it was. And I don't see any mention of New Maker in the sales spiel on the dealer site so not sure where you're coming from with that

You say, "don't do as I do, Report it." and "bringing it to your attention so it doesn't cost you"

Well, unless you name the dealer what was the point, it's not exactly achieving what you say you want to achieve.

Plus, if you aren't going to go back to the dealer for resolution, and fix yourself, again why bother posting.

In my opinion, by not going back to the dealer and not raising this as an issue, you are actually encouraging them to do this to other customers, ergo achieving the exact opposite of what you state you want to achieve.

Just confused as to why you put so much detail into the post, and yet claim you don't want to follow it up and name&shame

simey83

Payment sent!

JohnG

Sorry but I'm lost as to the purpose of your post. You don't name the dealer,

The dealer didn't make the watch.

He just wants people to warn people not to buy this watch. The message is clear. If you want to bash a member for giving a warning, that says more about you than it does about him.

Wriggles

He just wants people to warn people not to buy this watch. The message is clear. If you want to bash a member for giving a warning, that says more about you than it does about him.

I know the dealers don't make the reps. If he'd just said " bought a Chaumet Class 1, it's shit. The quality out there is crap just don't bother wasting your money like I did" then it would be clear.

I didn't bash the guy, I just questioned why so much detail when it could have been done a lot quicker. The level of detail appeared to imply there was more to this, maybe that was the wrong impression to get, but I didn't bash or flame the guy

Barth
:picard:

ShiroTenshi

im actually lost half way reading the post.. am I the only one?

HOBBS

No, I am also a little confused

To avoid the same mistake we need to know some specific details

Edited by HOBBS

mostling

I don't care about which dealer he got it from, i care more about knowing which maker OP is talking about...

Stuvetjee
:popcorn:

Dr Yan

Looks fine to me ....

f3eb836906d3cd2bda217f21c5ff1d47_zpsf63dc85c.jpg

DG335

An unecessarily rambling piece but I think the key take out was

A) it's a shit watch and why would you ever buy it anyway

B) refer to A above

Jeff K

On the bright side, look at the fun you could have with the watch. I bet you cant get all of the chrono rings over the minute and hour hand! :giggle:

Edited by Jeff K

pfcdre

if the watch was in one piece it would be horrible, but different tastes and all that, how the hell did that subdial end up there without taking the minute and hour hands off? and the op bought 3 of em really?

On the bright side, look at the fun you could have with the watch. I bet you cant get all of the chrono rings over the minute and hour hand! :giggle:

do you win a goldfish :giggle:

theslavetrainer

The Repaired watch every item on the face had to be removed - well fall off, then all reglued. Just 3 hours tinkering.

IMG_0850_zps3c596857.jpg

ElvisFreak

Yah... You did a good job but to be honest, it's an ugly watch in the first place....

theslavetrainer

Yah... You did a good job but to be honest, it's an ugly watch in the first place....

Yeah , but I'm a bit bored for choice.....

bedside_zps0bdfdb35.jpg

_DC_

Have I got this right? You bought a watch you want, plus TWO similar but not the same watches as donor watches JUST IN CASE?!? Who does that? I'm lost!!!!

DC

nev848

Seriously if you have that many watches, which is a little weird even on this forum. Then why take the time to fix it just bin the ugly thing and wear one of your nice ones.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Yeah , but I'm a bit bored for choice.....

bedside_zps0bdfdb35.jpg

who was shaking all the watches when you took this gloriously detailed pic :giggle:

_DC_

Bahahahaha, cruel but true....... although if I had that many watches I'd probably sit and rub one out too, would explain the trembling photography lol!

DC

theslavetrainer

rofl- yeah used a go pro. and I bought yes 3 ,2 black and one rose gold. You never know when you may need parts...........

Edited by theslavetrainer

trailboss99

Exactly, why name the dealer? This is a factory issue not a dealer problem.

_DC_
rofl- yeah used a go pro. and I bought yes 3 ,2 black and one rose gold. You never know when you may need parts...........and they are just the dailys on the bedside.

Two spares of each watch, two Porsches, do you own two houses in case one blows over too, rofl!

DC