Sign in to follow this  
stamp_69

IWC Aquatimer real or fake

stamp_69

Hi, Very new to the site an need some advice. I had been looking to get a replica IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau and wanted to get a good one from a reliable dealer. Seen some post from the dealers on this site and was about to order one from Mary when an advert in the local paper came up for one at £650, advert states genuine with box, warranty card and original reciept, seems very cheep though. I guess I'm asking if theirs anyway of telling the real thing without taking the back of? any advise, don't want a smug wife saying, told you so!!

AllergyDoc

Contact the seller and ask to meet at an a IWC Authorized Dealer to have the watch authenticated. If they refuse, well...

Luthier

Mary also can sell you the box and papers, and, anyway, your wife will say - It's a fake, I told you so!

:D

Old say - If it's too good to be truth - it's's not.

$7000 Cousteau for 650 pounds??? Are you serious???????????

Contact the seller and ask to meet at an a IWC Authorized Dealer to have the watch authenticated. If they refuse, well...

+1

greg_r

Simple solution. Insist on taking it to a local AD to be confirmed as genuine before you hand over the dough.

Frankly at that price, it's either a fake or the seller is a fool. I'd bet on the former...

stamp_69
Mary also can sell you the box and papers, and, anyway, your wife will say - It's a fake, I told you so!

:D

Old say - If it's too good to be truth - it's's not.

$7000 Cousteau for 650 pounds??? Are you serious???????????

+1

Yeah, I know, but I so wanted it to be true..... I finally find a bargain!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :D

AllergyDoc

Meet him at the AD, then. You never know. Maybe his ex is looking to make some quick $ and doesn't know the worth of the watch.

stamp_69
Meet him at the AD, then. You never know. Maybe his ex is looking to make some quick $ and doesn't know the worth of the watch.

Thanks for the advise, I'll see if they'll meet in an AD or maybe a regular jewellers, they should be able to spot an asian movement, right? as far as I can tell from the replica reviews, it's difficult to spot any difference without looking at the movement. Mind you still confused about the standard of replicas out there.

dingle

Thanks for the advise, I'll see if they'll meet in an AD or maybe a regular jewellers, they should be able to spot an asian movement, right? as far as I can tell from the replica reviews, it's difficult to spot any difference without looking at the movement. Mind you still confused about the standard of replicas out there.

Do not take a rep to an AD. Period. :popcorn:

AllergyDoc

You're going to confuse him Dingle. Someone trying to pass off a rep as a gen should be exposed. Plus, if it's a gen, he can get it for a song.

dingle
You're going to confuse him Dingle. Someone trying to pass off a rep as a gen should be exposed. Plus, if it's a gen, he can get it for a song.

ooops. now I see. confused I was......;)

carry on :popcorn: