Sign in to follow this  
Philly_Stan

BR1-92 Source

Philly_Stan

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the forum, and have learned a wealth from the seasoned members..even picked up an Homage PAM from Jackson and simply love it... so thanks for the guidance

Now, I'm now interested in a BR1-92 and would like your view on who have quality copy, the watch has been around for a while, so I'm hoping there are good ones out there. I've already reached out to Mary for pricing, as I've seen lots of positive feedback on her.

Any additional thoughts?

Member X

Well so far you've done everything right :bollocks:

All the dealers have access to the same watches, it's just that they are all different people and operate differently.

This is why the saying goes "Pick your dealer then pick your watch" :tease:

I personally would stick with Mary!

What did you ask her to look for? You will need the one with an ETA (or copy ETA) movement to have an accurate sweep of the seconds hand, and you will need the screws in the back for the removable lug bars if you want greater accuracy to the gen :bugger off:

Be aware that the lume on ALL the BR reps is rubbish, and it's not much better on the gens, so budget £100+ for a relume if you want it to really shine in the dark!

Philly_Stan
Well so far you've done everything right :bollocks:

All the dealers have access to the same watches, it's just that they are all different people and operate differently.

This is why the saying goes "Pick your dealer then pick your watch" :tease:

I personally would stick with Mary!

What did you ask her to look for? You will need the one with an ETA (or copy ETA) movement to have an accurate sweep of the seconds hand, and you will need the screws in the back for the removable lug bars if you want greater accuracy to the gen :bugger off:

Be aware that the lume on ALL the BR reps is rubbish, and it's not much better on the gens, so budget £100+ for a relume if you want it to really shine in the dark!

Yes, I sent the photo and asked what movements were available (ie, took the advice of the forum seniors). When she responds, I'll follow up with the request for ETA movement and screws in the back for the removable lug bars. I also asked Mary about the Breitling SOH V2...gorgeous watch (in all colors) and would compliment my Gen SO Chrono.

Member X

Excellent, sounds like things should all go to plan :tease:

Good luck with the SOH! I understand only the blue is available at the moment, which is a bit of a pain. Buy it on the rubber as it's really comfy, and because the leather straps are, well, okaaaaaaayyyy... The rep mesh is completely unadjustable and designed for a gorilla, so it'll be massive on anyone normal! Get a mesh from SeikoPrince on ebay for about £35 :bugger off:

Philly_Stan
Excellent, sounds like things should all go to plan :tease:

Good luck with the SOH! I understand only the blue is available at the moment, which is a bit of a pain. Buy it on the rubber as it's really comfy, and because the leather straps are, well, okaaaaaaayyyy... The rep mesh is completely unadjustable and designed for a gorilla, so it'll be massive on anyone normal! Get a mesh from SeikoPrince on ebay for about £35 :bugger off:

That's a great tip and I do like the way it looks with the rubber strap. As far as blue goes, it doesn't bother me much but black might be preferred.

Lets see what Mary has to say.

Philly_Stan
Excellent, sounds like things should all go to plan :lol:

Good luck with the SOH! I understand only the blue is available at the moment, which is a bit of a pain. Buy it on the rubber as it's really comfy, and because the leather straps are, well, okaaaaaaayyyy... The rep mesh is completely unadjustable and designed for a gorilla, so it'll be massive on anyone normal! Get a mesh from SeikoPrince on ebay for about £35 :D

That's a great tip and I do like the way it looks with the rubber strap. As far as blue goes, it doesn't bother me much but black might be preferred.

Lets see what Mary has to say.

Saw the Pics of the SOH and the BR1-92, just waiting for Mary's email info for paypal and I'm going for the BR1-92, its just wonderful... The SOH will have to wait.

Thanks Member X!

Member X

No worries :)

You have to thank everyone really, I would be but a fool without the knowledge gained from others here! :blush::)

We'll look forward to seeing the pics - I am lusting after a 01-92 forever B)

Philly_Stan
No worries :johng:

You have to thank everyone really, I would be but a fool without the knowledge gained from others here! :johng::D

We'll look forward to seeing the pics - I am lusting after a 01-92 forever :johng:

Fair enough :johng:

I'm still waiting to hear from Mary, I feel like an expected father :johng: