Sign in to follow this  
Vivaldi

Looking for a Patek Philippe Calatrava 5120J-001 Replica

Vivaldi

I would like to say hello to all the members of this forum, being one of your newest members!

I'm looking for a Patek Philippe Calatrava 5120J-001 replica in yellow gold. I've checked all the TD's sites, but have not been able to find this particular model.

http://www.patek.com.../5120J_001.html

(I would also consider a 5119J-001 http://www.patek.com.../5119J_001.html)

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks!

Edited by Vivaldi

_DC_

Good luck, I know about 4 people who have posted looking for the same pieces, they're not produced anymore so M2M is your best bet. If you do find a TD who can get them let me know!!!

DC

jgoorn

Yep. If WI can't source it I'd check the M2M. And then give up and slowly save up and buy a gen. :0

fetasigma

i like my gen vintage tressor better, its real 18k gold and can be found if you look for under 1k

FD190BF2-169F-454D-81AD-3122CEAD5235-709-00000031CBFAA89F_zps2b5bf7eb.jpg

Aren

The Calatrava is a beautiful watch.

Check M2M when your post count allows a view after 5 posts.

At that time, I think you can post a Wanted to Buy thread also.

I have a quartz Calatrava with the italic numbers in SS. It isn't nearly as nice as the Roman numerals.

Good Luck and Welcome to the forum

:)

Vivaldi

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

WI can't source it, so will try M2M.

I have to say that I'm surprised it's not a common rep given how simple the watchface is!

machiavegli

I've owned this in a hand wound (not quartz) & sold it M2M. Have you tried one on? They often have them at Tiffany stores. The Calatrava is tiny, wears vanishingly small on the wrist. I believe my rep also had a display caseback which of course means even more "tells". I don't miss it one bit.

-Mach

jgoorn

i like my gen vintage tressor better, its real 18k gold and can be found if you look for under 1k

FD190BF2-169F-454D-81AD-3122CEAD5235-709-00000031CBFAA89F_zps2b5bf7eb.jpg

Lets be honest. When will an Omega ever compare to a Patek?

Vivaldi

Update: haven't sourced one yet, after contacting almost every dealer. Most dealers seem to have the 5119 model (with a seconds sub-dial), but no 5120.

Very keen to get my hands on one.

_DC_
Update: haven't sourced one yet, after contacting almost every dealer. Most dealers seem to have the 5119 model (with a seconds sub-dial), but no 5120.

Very keen to get my hands on one.

That's interesting, the 5119 had been out of circulation for a while, which dealers did you speak to out of interest mate?

DC

Vivaldi

Perfect Clones: has 5119

Marvellous Replica: no 5119

King Watch: has 5119 (awaiting QC photos)

Watch International: 5119 'back in stock soon' (updated model perhaps?)

Timeshops.net: no 5119

Silix: has 5119

Lawrence: has 5119 (silver only)

Watch Eden: has 5119

Definitely no 5120 though at the moment :(

honeybear

If you don't mind a quartz 3520D replica (33mm diameter), you can try diystorm.es, it is item number PHW:212 on this page:

http://www.diystorm.es/product/BrandProduct.aspx?bid=216&dt=14274

I don't have any experience doing business with diystorm, so it's at your own risk. I have never seen a replica of the Patek 5120 though.

Vivaldi

Gosh, what an incredible website, thanks for the link, honeybear.

I'm just wondering how you know the replica's diameter is 33mm? The website is a bit light on detail, although I don't question its legitimacy.

I wonder if the following is possible:

PHW:174 dial + PHW:212 hands + some 5119? This would look pretty much correct, assuming diameters match and it is actually possible to switch components around.

Yours looks excellent. I'm just worried about the diameter looking slightly feminine on my slender wrists.

Edited by Vivaldi

honeybear
Gosh, what an incredible website, thanks for the link, honeybear.

I'm just wondering how you know the replica's diameter is 33mm? The website is a bit light on detail, although I don't question it's legitimacy.

I wonder if the following is possible:

PHW:174 dial + PHW:212 hands + some 5119? This would look pretty much correct, assuming diameters match and it is actually possible to switch components around.

Yours looks excellent. I'm just worried about the diameter looking slightly feminine on my slender wrists.

I have one of the 33mm 3520D replicas, but not from diystorm, but I suspect they're the same. I doubt it'll be easy to swap parts around.

honeybear
It looks like this watch is very hard to find. I did, however, find this: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=45139&st=0&p=771294entry771294

It would appear that this is a 3250 - the predecessor to the 5120 - so there must be a few knocking around. Has anyone seen one?

If I recall correctly, the seller got that watch from Mary (Watch International).

Vivaldi

Bumbing to see if anyone has seen the Patek 5120 in yellow gold advertised anywhere.

In watches we trust,

Vivaldi

Edited by Vivaldi