Sign in to follow this  
gigahertz15

Help Me Pick An Omega

gigahertz15

Hello gents,

I'm after an Omega watch- I don't have any and I feel it is time to welcome one to the family.

My Omega knowledge is weak at best.

Suggestions please?

Looking to spend a bit of coin on a super rep!

Cheers!

ellistyle1

I have a speedmaster on the way.

I recently sold a Planet Ocean Chrono 7750. It was very nice. Get a rubber strap. Mine was gen and made all the difference.

I think I am going to need a planet ocean GMT soon. They look pretty slick.

gigahertz15

Thanks for your input.

Both very nice.

What versions are we up to?

I don't understand the hype surrounding liquid metal as well...

hondas2000
20131206_111151_zpscd2e281d.jpg

flyr

If you want one that is great out of the box and will take gen parts, the V5 42 PO is the one to get. I have the UPO 45.5 which is very good out of the box But some gen parts do not fit(bezel/insert). The newer ceramic models don't have all the bugs worked out yet. The LMPO is supposed to be great with the closed caseback but I have not handled one .

Here is my 45.5 UPO with a sunnydale A/R crystal

7ed4a229-6c13-440d-b397-3ff4a7c0ba94.jpgDSC00025_zpse0998e99.jpg

wadinho

Hi guys,

I am also looking for to buy a good omega rep, latest version if possible.

Where did you get your UPO 45.5 ??

Thank you!

gigahertz15

Incredible watches guys.

I am more confused now.

flyr

The UPO 45.5 is not new. It is a more or less final version of the aluminum bezel PO model in the larger size. I got mine from Toro well over a year ago and I believe that most TD's can still get them.

gigahertz15

Thanks for the links!

Jan-mj

I would get a Planet Ocean for sure if I were you. Check out the TD's, you'll find what you need!

Jonnybaws

Omega PO GMT Blue/Orange does it for me...

If a "super rep" Moonie was available, that would go to the top of my Omega wish list but I hear that these don't exist, would love to be wrong about that though!

gigahertz15

Decided to go for a 45mm Pumpkin PO.

I like bigger watches, probably the only reason I didn't get the pumpkin GMT.

Thanks for the advice all.

Lars_St

Just look at my banner, your decision has now been made.

:D

UmpaHimself

The thing I don't like about the liquid metal version is the glossy dial. I prefer the matt dial on the PO. I really like the Ceramic PO but I prefer the size of the classic PO. Depends on your wrist size. I would compare the size of the new Ceramic PO to a 42mm Breitling, like a superocean abyss where the classic PO wears more like a submariner. Plus a closed caseback is always a plus in this hobby.

Libertatia

Agree, looking through Omega's website MIGHT be a good starting point if you don't know anything about Omega's

kraven

If you take a good look at the TD's websites, and come back with some ideas of what you like ?

I have a LMPO by Noob, and except for the 12 on the dial, it's good and the quality is good. He also has a Ceramic CRPO coming, which looks even better.

wadinho

Guys,

How do you make the difference btw Noob and Bp factory on dealers website? trusty, tswatch, p-cls, toro...are they faithful to one factory or do they sell both version? I am looking for the latest version of the ceramic PO 42 mm with swiss movement. Tswatch offers 1 year warranty which is quite amazing compared to its competitors.

Thank you!! I became totally obsessed with reps since I discovered this parallel world!! lol

kraven

The latest is the Noob planet ocean 42mm and 45mm, but they are just coming out now, so quality is unchecked

twofake

Just a question in this topic. If for example someone wants a "v5 42 PO with Ceramic bezel and Swiss ETA" do they have to find it advertised at the site if the TD or can they just email the TD and ask for them to search for it? Which TD is better for communication etc?

kraven

I can only speak from experience, toro replies well on email. Tswatchltd replied well on online chat.

The PO CRPO v5 is from BP factory, and has been out a little while. The Noob version is new.

wadinho

The latest is the Noob planet ocean 42mm and 45mm, but they are just coming out now, so quality is unchecked

thanks Kraven,

do you from which TD, I can find this version ? All TD sell their PO as "the latest" "ultimate" "best" version...sometimes without mentioning the factory of origin. For a beginner, I find it very hard to find my way...

thank you

wadinho

does the latest Noob version come only with asian movement? I can't find it with swiss movement?

Monty010

does the latest Noob version come only with asian movement? I can't find it with swiss movement?

give it time, the noob version is just out, in time it will be available in different movements ;)

wadinho

give it time, the noob version is just out, in time it will be available in different movements ;)

Ok sounds good, I am going to wait for it then