Sign in to follow this  
DR3M3L

Important meeting tomorrow....

jgoorn

The Cartier is an overall nice watch. Wear it well. Also why have a meeting if it isn't about money or personal pleasure?

RUSH2112
Don't wear any, they might think you do not need a raise.

Did I say anything about needing a raise? I don't need one and my company doesn't need one. This meeting is not about money ;)

Never met someone that didn't want a raise.

Olly

111 Beautiful watch that doesnt draw attention saying, " Hey over hear ! Im worth £5k " :lol:

trailboss99

Cartier, what else?

TheTinMan

It's got to be the 111. If they know watches, that watch makes every important and subtle statement you need it to. A Panerai will say so much without saying anything.

There is something about the Cartier that says pretentious to me. Definitely not the Breitling. Don't get me wrong, I love my Breitling, but they tend to be too flashy.

Which ever you go with (and you must wear a watch), don't look at it too often. I catch myself looking at my watches all the time (and not to tell the time) but I think it gives the impression that I'm always in a hurry.

chats

definitely cartier, its simple and classy

and to spice up the thread i will include some interesting quotation from watch snob:

:giggle:

i quoted this from his post called "stop wearing panerai"

"Panerai watch. These watches were cool five years ago"

"If you think wearing a Panerai is cool in the year 2010, you probably also think you invented the boat shoe and the ironic mustache trends."

"you need a Lange on your wrist. A Panerai is child’s play — a cheap toy worn only by clowns. Yes, I said clowns."

Disclaimer:

1. i do not hate panerai ( thinking about getting radiomir in m2m)

2. just so the cartier stands out more

3. would be quite interesting to hear from the panerai fans :hide:

solkryssare

The 111 is the only really good looking piece in there so it's the only choice possible IMO. The Cartier is a show off piece and in no way a dress watch at that size.

cogwatch

I'm with TinMan and Solk on this one. PAM all the way. Personally, though I like the two I have, I think Cartier tends to be like Rolex in that it's assumed to be a rep. And even if assumed to be a gen, it screams pretentious to me. Again, I like my Cartiers, but I wouldn't wear one to the meeting you describe.

nev848

Would not wear a Rep to a meeting. Most of the Buisness men I deal with around the World have high end watches. If they spot your watch and call you out it would not paint a good picture about you.

Wear a Gen or nothing.

But very good luck today. :)

Pharmo

Jordan let us know how the meeting goes? :)

onzenuub

If you need a watch to impress guys and to become friends instead of impressing with who you are and what you're able to do just don't go to the meeting and invite them all in a pub for a beer or two.

subiim

Cartier

BaggyPants

Pair of tatty jeans, Motörhead T shirt, scruffy Converse and a plastic Casio :lol:

elp

111 for a business meeting IMO. Good luck.

otherwise Onze's suggestion is good too, know your audience!

solkryssare

If you need a watch to impress guys and to become friends instead of impressing with who you are and what you're able to do just don't go to the meeting and invite them all in a pub for a beer or two.

This. Always works for me.

Mystery Shopper
Don't wear any, they might think you do not need a raise.

Did I say anything about needing a raise? I don't need one and my company doesn't need one. This meeting is not about money ;)

:D

Ahhh. Nudie bar. Definitely the 111

TheTinMan

Funny you mention that. A friend of mine has bought several reps after I introduced him to the lovely world of reps. He once traveled to Atlanta, Georgia on business and of all the places he'd been on that trip, the only comment he got on his 111 was from a VERY attractive stripper. As she danced for him, she leaned in and whispered in his ear 'I really like your Panerai'. He was completely dumbfounded, and thoroughly impressed.

Panerai, for when you want to impress; yes, even strippers.

elp

Funny you mention that. A friend of mine has bought several reps after I introduced him to the lovely world of reps. He once traveled to Atlanta, Georgia on business and of all the places he'd been on that trip, the only comment he got on his 111 was from a VERY attractive stripper. As she danced for him, she leaned in and whispered in his ear 'I really like your Panerai'. He was completely dumbfounded, and thoroughly impressed.

Panerai, for when you want to impress; yes, even strippers.

Is that the end of the story? No freebies?

TheTinMan

I too have an important meeting today that I found out about late last night. It's one of those meetings where you want to impress, but not be too showy or flashy. It's not an interview but could lead to a job offer. I have no idea what type of watches these people wear, or if they know the first thing about watches.

So last night, I deliberated and looked at my watch box. I ended up with a watch that I really like, is quite simple, has no name or logo anywhere on it, and I think is quite attractive and appropriate for what I'm trying to accomplish:

11337753755_287d4d09fa.jpg

Lev

Id go bare wristed. Chances are nobody will care about what watch you're wearing but there's no point in detracting the subject matter. Any conversation pertaining to you should focus on you and not what watch you're wearing, especially if it's a replica and your boss has a collection of gens (I assume). Let your suit speak for itself. I find watches more important in interviews and daily doings at work, than during an interview. Just my opinion though mate.

Kleen™

If you think whatever watch you decide to wear would have any mentionable-worthy impact on this meeting, then the problem is not the watch, but your mindset....

McJules

cartier is a good choice when dressed with a suit.

pam is great too but not on rubber or casual leather. everybody needs a croc/gator strap for a pam! easy to dress it up with that! ;)

last time i had a suit on, i was wearing my 372 with a moka gator strap on it

deshal

Definately bare wristed.

BentleySharp

I don't know if you've been to your meeting yet or not, but for christ's sake dont wear a sports watch with a suit (Breitling). Especially a diver watch (Panerai). Sooo tacky. While this watches look nice and definately have their place, a business meetin is not one of them. Unfortunately you dont have an appropriate dress watch as an option. The closest thing you have to a dress-y watch is the Cartier Santos. That's the one.

Also: Another thing you mentioned is one of the people whom you are meeting with is a big Omega collector. Ok. That's cool. But is he going to want to talk about watches, you think? Is it possible he will want to look at the one you are wearing? Is being seen at this meeting wearing a replica going to be an embarrassment for you? If it is, don't wear a watch at all.

machiavegli

This. Always works for me.

+1 for pub crawl over mtg.

joran, I know that you must have more watches to pick from, why limit us to just these 4? I demand more choices. :D

-Mach