Sign in to follow this  
TheChamp16

IWC BP 5002 vs 5004

TheChamp16

I've seen a few posts after searching regarding my predicament, but I think since the new 21k bph models came out last year that it might be a new question; how do you guys compare the 5002 vs the 5004? I really like the look of both for different reasons ('02 being more utilitarian & timeless, '04 being more trendy especially with the red in the PR), but am having trouble figuring out which one is more versatile for both work (professional, legal world), as well as weekends (maybe throwing a rubber strap on it; wow, that didn't sound good).

I've seen both for the similar price point, I was just wondering, mechanicals aside (seeing that they're now the same), if you find one more conducive to more of an all purpose watch over the other? Even a one word response would be helpful if you're familiar with both and prefer one over the other since they've updated them both! Thanks!

Edited by TheChamp16

TheChamp16

Well, I pulled the trigger on the 5002 from Andrew at TT yesterday w/black strap, so we'll see how it looks when it gets here!

BentleySharp

Hmm... The 5002. Is that the Big Pilot?

iwc_big_pilot_5002_automatic_7_day_power_reserve_steel_on_leather__deployment_1_thumb2_lgw.jpg

Nice looking watch that :)

Enjoy it !

FREE ADVICE SECTION:

Whenever you can, use pictures to compliment what you are saying. We love seeing pictures here...mostly because some of us can't read :P and it will become obvious to you after a while that some people just can't be bothered to.

jgoorn

Also as a tip NEVER CLICK A JOHNG LINK!!!