Sign in to follow this  
leetay

Problem with dealer - Beware - Trevor Watch

leetay

Hello All

I want to share with you a problem I have had with one of the dealers, not sure if they operate on here, but they do on the RWI forum. The dealer is TREVOR WATCH.

I purchased a Rolex DSSD from the dealer for $255 approx 3 months ago. The watch arrived in the uk, however, following this it was lost between the UK distribution centre of Parcel Force UK and my house.

The parcel force company's status said it was delivered to me, however, no signature was taken from me, and there was nobody available to receive the parcel. I contacted Parcel Force UK, and they admitted liability for the loss, and stated that the 'Sender' (The Dealer) must make a claim, and would be fully reimbursed for the loss. I paid the dealer via Paypal, so there was ‘proof of the purchase’ that the seller could have used for the claim. They refused to do this for some reason which I do not understand, and I tried for 2 months to get them to claim, so that they could refund me, however, again they refused.

I am now $255 down of my hard earned money, with no comeback, as the time to claim from the parcel company has expired.

I was then promised half of the money from the seller as a gesture of good will, but again, they now refuse to honour this!

Please, please, with the above in mind, beware, and please PM me for more details.

Moderators, If this dealer operates here could you please issue a warning?

Many Thanks

Edited by leetay

dingle

He is not a dealer here. I would suggest contacting Trailboss99 if you haven't already. He is co-Admin here and Chief Admin at RWI. I am sure he can help with some type of resolution.

:)

Luthier

Stick to our trusted dealers!

leetay

Thanks for the advice guys, I will contact him, how do I get hold of Trailboss99 dingleberry?

KBH

I'm surprised at Trevor, although I've never ordered anything from him. I guess the moral of this story is always make sure what the dealers policy is on lost or confiscated goods.

The shitty thing is from his point of view the watch was delivered according to Parcel Force. And I can see why he wouldn't want to be making a claim to your post office considering the nature of the goods. If you mailed a bag of pot to your buddy and it didn't show up, would you be making a claim?

AllergyDoc

But Parcel Force admitted liability. It should have been treated like a lost parcel and Trevor should have shipped another one out free of charge. If that's his policy.

trailboss99

Taking care of this now guys.

Mate, it's always best to contact an admin from the forum where the dealer is active before

posting everywhere. It does little for you chances of a resolution if you dis a dealer in

public before giving us a chance of correcting the issue. Just sayin'.

Col.

Tofast4u2c

Good Newbi lesson here, thanks.

KBH
But Parcel Force admitted liability. It should have been treated like a lost parcel and Trevor should have shipped another one out free of charge. If that's his policy.

I don't believe PF admitted liability. They just said the seller has to make the claim.

But as Trailboss said, it's always best to contact mods or admin first. That's the point of these forums. To bring pressure on the dealers and sellers and to protect the members.

AllergyDoc
I don't believe PF admitted liability. They just said the seller has to make the claim.
I contacted Parcel Force UK, and they admitted liability for the loss, and stated that the 'Sender' (The Dealer) must make a claim, and would be fully reimbursed for the loss.

I thought they did.

Agree with your point, though. Best to let admin lean on the dealer.

KBH

Sorry AD. You're right and I'm not paying enough attention, once again. :rolleyes:

leetay

Thanks for the advice guys

Have made contact with Col, so will await any outcome

trailboss99

Give me another day or so mate.

I'm working on this now but it's the weekend ATM so I don't expect to hear back for 24hrs or so.

As of now, I hope to get you a new watch. We will see how much luck I have.

Col.