Sign in to follow this  
digital_sound

Gen Straps: Some Are A Questioable...

digital_sound

I've been reading a lot of post regarding how crappy straps are on some of this Rep straight out of the box, so I stared doing a bit of research myself - and surprise I was to find that some of the Gen straps are no better looking even though they're on high end time pieces.

Take for instance, these three watch from one of my favorite brands Vacheron Constantin, pay close attention the one on the far right, the 1972 Prestige - the strap looks like a very cheap knockoff even though it's cut from quality Crocodile skin.

64718853-7686-44C8-84B6-4B76CD255579.jpg

Here is another shot close up...

EBA5B323-8B3B-4599-B0E2-2577E36A8C98.jpg

And now my VC Overseas, at first I didn't like this Rep at all and was contemplating on selling it, but after a few wrist-rides around the block, it kinda grew on me... Especially after seeing how these straps look of these Gens costing well in the five figures. Hell, I think I faired out pretty well.

0E9D87F9-4120-401F-9057-9E673CE6B96F.jpg

Cheers

HeavyKrush

I felt the same way about my Longines. The finish on the gator strap does not seem to match what I would expect a $2,500 watch.

DSC_3490_zpse6115ae2.jpg

digital_sound
I felt the same way about my Longines. The finish on the gator strap does not seem to match what I would expect a $2,500 watch.

DSC_3490_zpse6115ae2.jpg

Yeah, and that's why I was certainly disappointed when I first recieved the VC Overseas watch... but then once I stared doing more research that's when I realized - hey, the Rep Factory was on point with the likeness from the Gen!