Sign in to follow this  
jgoorn

Patek Philippe Aquanaut Stainless Steel

jgoorn

As promised my pictures of the watch. The only problem with it is that whenever the seconds hand reaches the "10" it stops and even if I shake it to move the rotor or wind it nothing happens I have to hack the movement and dehack the movement and then rescrew the crown back down to make it work again. (Yes I have already email WI about it and am waiting to hear back) otherwise it is a beaut and I love it)

g7IriHS.jpg

1WwYnVt.jpg

rqWvZhS.jpg

hLpEzlb.jpg

ZJq1J3v.jpg

XjlLn1B.jpg

o0vGhXn.jpg

ZD24ntN.jpg

5JKK7Zc.jpg

Thank you guys for all the help! I love it! Please let me know if I need to take better pictures.

Edited by jgoorn

Aren

Looks great...Hope you get the 10 o'clock problem sorted out.

Lovely watch. Nice pix

Enjoy it.

:)

BentleySharp

That first picture. Wow! It reminds me of the pictures you see taken from the space station of the sun rising behind the curve of the earth, but here the earth is a Patek Philippe...As it should be :P

Nice one :)

jgoorn

Thanks! I actually didn't edit the watch for the first picture. No editing was done on any of the pictures,I hope these pictures aren't too hi-res for the forum (I took em with my Nexus 5 which has a nicer camera than most smartphones and you can change exp. and other useful things)

Edited by jgoorn

BNZZ

Very nice piece :)

Quick question: How do you adjust the band to your wrist? From what i can see, the rubber slides through the "end-clasp"? But that should stop the clasp from closing?

tuna

Looks super fancy !

jgoorn

The strap is super easy. No guide is clear enough though. What you do is simple. You remove the deployment clasp from the strap (held on by a springbar) you then cut off what you don't want and then put the spring bar back on. I will post pics soon enough of that (even though I bought the SS band and put on my old rubber bracelet back) The SS band is YUCK the rubber though. Ohhh the quality is so nice. Also it is incredibly light weight.

bowtiefanatc

I love the Aquanauts, they are very classy yet dressed down.

DR3M3L

Looks great! I had the pleasure looking at the gen this weekend at Dusseldorf Germany :D

rolex_gbg

Looks good. What about vanilla smell, is it still there? :lol:

jgoorn

I actually before I mounted the strap I put it in coffee ground and boiling water for 30 mins. It has removed most of it. I probably should do it again though.

_DC_

I don't get what everyone's problem is with the vanilla smell?! Vanilla smells nice, what's the issue?!

DC

jgoorn

It is kinda overwhelming. I would prefer no vanilla to vanilla, but I don't think it is that big of a deal.

nygiants
I don't get what everyone's problem is with the vanilla smell?! Vanilla smells nice, what's the issue?!

DC

Agreed. I like it.

Nice watch. I love mine. Also from WI