Sign in to follow this  
RynO

Easy questions for you

RynO

Hi !

I've searched on the forum (And web) prior to post this but still have to ask it.

I just bought a Omega UPO Chrono (A7750) from Mary. I'm very satisfied of it, work very well and I will make a review with pictures when I'll have time !

My questions:

1) Its about the rotor and auto winding feature. When I received it, I started the watch by hand winding it for about 15 turns. After that, I wore it from morning until its time to sleep. The next morning it was still running and still working tonight. I am a programmer so my normal day is not so active. My hands are mostly on the keyboard during the day and It include maybe a 20 - 30 minutes walk. Is it enough to allow the rotor to wind it much than it was ? or will I need to hand wind it after some time ?

In an other way, how much activity does it need to never stops only winded by the rotor ? Is it possible by normal wearing or not ? Do I need sometime to intentionnaly move my wrist to make it turn ? (Clockwise I think) Does some of you experiment their watch to stop in the night after only rely on the rotor to wind it in normal use ?

2) Also, when I hand winded it, (ClockWise and gently/slowly) the crown was having some resistance. Is it normal ? It was not difficult to wind but was really more difficult than ajusting the date for example. But it was surely doing the job because the watch started to work.

3) What do you use to clean and protect your watch from normal use ? Microfiber ? Special cloths ? Liquids, etc ?

Thank you, I assure you I've red ans searched for this, I think I have found all topics on this but still not satisfied.

Ryno

graman

Hey mate,

A 30 minute walk (provided you're moving your arm) should be plenty to keep your watch wound, even if you are pretty static all day. You'll be surprised at how much movement you make, even at a keyboard.

Most power reserves on a 7750 are about 48 hours. If it is less, then you have a problem with the winding system. It is a common occurrence, and can be fixed with a service, although I'd advise you to use a good watch maker, who is not an AD...Costs vary depending on the competence of the watchmaker.

Cleaning? A microfibre cloth, or a soft cloth is certainly enough.

DON'T use a cape cod!....very abrasive! Unless you're trying to remove scratches.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ska

Hi ryno

Thanks for posting this - it's actually quite a rare question compared to the usual "who sells the best sub" threads.

It varies from watch to watchnof course nut usually your daily activities will be Morre than sufficient to keep your watch happily wound. The type of activity matters very little (unless you can type without moving your wrists) the rotors (and movements in general) work with so little friction that even very subtle movements of your hands/arms will help to wind the watch.

If you're worried then give her a few winds every couple of days. Your crown sounds fine.

JoeyB

Josh's Perfect Clones FAQ

"Some additional 7750/7750b1/7753 Valjoux Movement Information

*Please read them before u play with your watch that has above movement

1. How do you set date on 7750 or 7753 or 7750b1 or any movt with date chrono/ automatic?

Do not activate the chrono until you have done all these steps as mentioned

When you receive your piece, please remember to handwind the piece for about maybe 50 rounds, so to generate enough power reserve. Then you shake the piece like a "mad cow" for 3-4 minutes to generate more power reserve (If necessary)

Then pull the crown out to adjust the hour hand manually to determine when is am/pm. See the date change - then you will know when is am/ pm. Make sure you know when is am/ pm before you proceed

Make sure you do not adjust the date between 10pm-3am ever!!! Do not ask me why because it just works this way. if you adjust between 10pm-3am, the date will jam or go half way.

After u have confirmed the am/ pm…..u can adjust the crown to get to the desired date you want.

As for the timer hand to reset back to zero, it is pure luck….u may have perfect reset, or less than perfect reset. My Genuine Rolex Daytona did not reset back to zero after 3 months. By the way, make sure everytime you activate chrono, you have enough power reserve. Have fun!!!"

Member X

I would disagree with Josh and say that you should only handwind if it's a handwind watch or if you really do need it wound but aren't going to be actually wearing it to charge it up - otherwise I'd just rely on a few swirls clockwise to get it started, then strap it straight on!

RynO

Thank you guys ! Very helpful for me !

Do you suggest me to get it serviced as it is new or it is better to wait ?

I've read that poor lubricant quality is used, lot of humidity in china, etc etc

Ryno

KBH

I wouldn't service it if it's working perfectly. In a few months you may tire of it and sell it for another watch.

If you plan on keeping it "forever" then I could see having it serviced in a year or two, or if any problems develop.

RynO

Cool, thank you

And to clean it, microfiber plus what ?

Any soap ? protectant, anything ?

I want to keep it clean

Ryno

jmd33
Cool, thank you

And to clean it, microfiber plus what ?

Any soap ? protectant, anything ?

I want to keep it clean

Ryno

On both my reps and gens I just use a damp terrycloth towel (usually after I get out of the shower I will use my damp towel on the watch I am going to wear that day then again when I get home, before it goes back in the box). Then I use the same cotton towel for the crystal that I just used on my glasses - it kind of just becomes a routine after a while.

For bad dirt, a bowl with a little dishsoap and water (not for the rep watch heads!!).

Edited by jmd33

RynO

Thank you all !

I Still have some more questions.

- My watch is gaining about 19-20 seconds on a 24 hours period. Is is ok ? Should I do something with that ?

Personnaly is does not bother me a lot but just to know if it is ok ?

- I found someone who accept to service my watch when I'll need it. Another one told me "I dont touch to such watches because they are problematic watches" ... is he right or is it only because it is not a gen you think ??

I think its all...for now !!

Thank you again !

Ryno

KBH

Anything less than 30 seconds a day is considered reasonable. I wouldn't bother trying to regulate it for at least a couple of weeks since they often settle down and get better after some use. If you ever feel comfortable taking the case back off, you can find a tutorial on how to regulate the movement. It's not too difficult. If you get it down to less than 10 seconds, you're doing real good.

A lot of mediocre watchmakers can't work on chronos because of the added difficulty. And some won't work on the Asian ones, since parts are more difficult to get.