Sign in to follow this  
TheInthusiest

Bracelets and Watches - Would you wear them both? (Pic Heavy)

garbear99

Watch and wedding band (simple band, no bling) only for me. No necklaces or earrings either. I like the understated look. Sometimes, less says more. Just my taste.

Bash64

photo11_zps6bf11efa.jpg

This is as far as I'll go.

When you're as good looking as I am, last thing you want is blokes hitting on you too. :Whistle:

:rofl:

Ditto for me. Occasionally, and in the summer.

onionbag

V. poovy.

Not at all de rigueur for a man from the Clyde.

'Tho bon mots in French are.............apparently. ;)

BentleySharp

I'm not big on the "bracelet on the same wrist as the watch" thing. I think it's too cluttered looking, and takes me back to high school when I wore too much cheap jewelry and braided leather stuff.

What I do like however, when I'm dressed in my street clothes or maybe a polo, is a gold or silver metal bracelet on the opposite wrist as my watch (my right wrist). Just something simple, like a thick silver curb-link chain bracelet, or a gold link bracelet. Something that matches the watch I'm wearing on the other wrist.

reximda

Watch and wedding band on the left, my departed fathers bracelet on the right. All I need.

I've tried at various times to augment the watch, but nothing ever stuck. I do like Sols simple string bracelet though.

Daywatch

This fashion imho totally relates to the country you´re living in and the culture You relate with. In western Europe it´s a no go I would say, but in Mexico, Brasil, India or some African/Asian countries totally different and stylish/ partially even necessary accessory.

diegosaenz

I'm from Mexico and I always wear bracelets on my right hand but never in my watch hand. I don't like the possibilty of scratching my watch.

ShovelnTC

Wearing anything but pure function is just fashion and in fashion anything goes!

nyckid

To each their own.

Stop the critics :facepalm:

UmpaHimself

I wear a single, braided leather bracelet on my other wrist that was given to me. All the beads are a bit too much crap on my arm for me. I'm in my 20s.

TheInthusiest

To each their own.

Stop the critics :facepalm:

Im ok with them actually. It opens up my eyes to the thing. :)

fatarms

I wear a single, braided leather bracelet on my other wrist that was given to me. All the beads are a bit too much crap on my arm for me. I'm in my 20s.

You don't count, you wear your watch on your right hand :P

Happy holidays, Umpa.

ScotchSoda

Watches WERE the only 'accessories' I'd wear, but then I went through a phase of buying bracelets to go with watches. These days I usually just wear a watch on my left and bracelets on my right, I like feeling evenly weighted! Bracelets are a neat way to bring some life to a suit. I'm 26, and think it's perfectly acceptable! Each to their own though.

Here's a few shots with my gen Omega 3210.50.00...

om1.JPG

om2.JPG

om3.JPG

om4.JPG

om5.JPG

chats
photo23.jpg

rlx101

don't mind them at all - just not too many at once ;)

2013-05-10122152_zps206f46eb.jpg

Chiruku

Remembered this thread knocking around last month so thought I would share a pic of my latest purchase.

Wanted something to go with my Luminox Blackout (not on the same wrist ill add ;) and came across this guy who custom makes a load of stuff (out of paracord & 9mm/.40 casings) via the Nato Straps Co. Pretty happy with how it turned out :)

1941359_623933031011105_582033709_o_zpsf2f76e3d.jpg

Libertatia

I HAD a very nice bracelet until a few weeks ago... Now I've lost the fucker... Thought I'd let you all know

TheInthusiest

Remembered this thread knocking around last month so thought I would share a pic of my latest purchase.

Wanted something to go with my Luminox Blackout (not on the same wrist ill add ;) and came across this guy who custom makes a load of stuff (out of paracord & 9mm/.40 casings) via the Nato Straps Co. Pretty happy with how it turned out :)

1941359_623933031011105_582033709_o_zpsf2f76e3d.jpg

I had one of those. mine was one of those emergency paracord straps that can be undone in like seconds. a cool convo piece is i might add.

Watchlover1996

Most def you can wear bracelets and watches!

I wear a yellow gold cartier love bracelet and the Cartier rose gold nail with my hublot Big Bang and it's the full stainless steel and looks very nice with it.

But I guess it's all a matter of opinion of bracelets and watches or just watches. Some people just can't pull of that bracelet and watch look

<RJ>

No. I tried some but they are not for me. Ive seen some wear the Cartier love bracelet and similar with watches. Both the watch and the bracelet must get pretty deep scratches. But not many care about their watches as we do.

Watchlover1996
No. I tried some but they are not for me. Ive seen some wear the Cartier love bracelet and similar with watches. Both the watch and the bracelet must get pretty deep scratches. But not many care about their watches as we do.
yeah it's true they do which is why I started to put a bead bracelet that is much softer in between the watch and love bracelet to reduce wear, or wear it not on the crown side of the watch! :)

psantos1091

Um, yeah... I wear them - sometimes a lot of different ones, case in point when I was in Ibiza last summer... I wore the Rolex DSSD with green, red, black, and brown beads, kinda felt artsy and less snobbish.

Then again, I wouldn't wear beads with certain watches because they do scratch and gash up the metal on ones time piece.

Mind sharing a pic of yours? If ya have one.

image-16.jpg

All my Ibiza photos are of women on the beach (hahaha)... don't have any wrist shots! But I do have on black beads today with the DSSD... Kinda like the flow of the black beads against the SS.

Left handed? Is it just me, or does anyone feel a watch should be on the opposite side of your main coordinated hand? ("Right-handed" people need their watch on their left?)

<RJ>
yeah it's true they do which is why I started to put a bead bracelet that is much softer in between the watch and love bracelet to reduce wear, or wear it not on the crown side of the watch! :)

:thumbsup:

slaughterer

High-end watch and mangle ==>

A man trying to be George Soros and Hank Moody at the same time.

The only reason I do not do it, is because I am worried about scratching the watch with the metal fixtures on the mangle.

James.

I wear a simple nylon band on my left wrist. I find it takes the yuppie edge off my watches. The ones you've posted are a bit too much for my taste but I remember someone posting a pic of this Italian looking gentleman in his 60s with a perfectly tailored suit and Nautilus combined with a few bear bracelets. He looked awesome.

The gent you'd be referring to is Lino Ieluzzi, very dapper chap and fine tailor.

I must confess that I am of the same opinion as the consensus here, I were bracelets, beads and bangles on my right wrist and watch (and a strand of coloured twine) on my left wrist. I find wearing a watch and bracelet on the same wrist often feels rather annoying and clunky, and the damage that can be done to the watch isn't worth it.

With some of the fine, beautiful watches we wear, why draw attention AWAY from the timepiece?

The other wrist, get your spezzatura on! I'm even mildly ashamed to say my watch todat was worn oven my shirt cuff, though more to do with it being too damned big to fit under it!

Some Lino inspiration to the plebs out there on exactly how to wear a watch and bracelets!

Lino-Ieluzzi-men-style-gentlemen-fashion-sartail.png

62209LinoDB_62Web.jpg

22212LinoWeb.jpg

nish-de-gruiter-lino-ieluzzi-roberto-Baroncini-davide-menswear-suitsupply-pitti-uomo.jpg

tumblr_m6y1niM6sK1r6cjvfo1_1280.jpg

Lino.jpg

tumblr_lcb4neLKHM1qzn1d3o1_400.jpg

Lino_Pitti2.jpg

Lino-Ieluzzi-×-Ivan-Crivellaro-shoes-custom-menswear.jpg