Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

a little HELP please thank you

TRANSPORTER

Ok guys

0DE211E6-46EB-44E4-BCDB-06662FFB0EA3_zpshnjkjuoo.jpg

I've no idea how to get a reverse wound mainspring back into the barrel, can someone please point me in the right direction cheers

I'm just about to start putting it all back together and I'm

Waiting on this main spring to start

TRANSPORTER

Well lots of searching on the net and I found a hand drawing which was very rough but I figured it out and it's now hand wound back into the barrel and the watch is back together, now I've got to try and sort out a bàlance that runs for a couple of minutes then stops, it seems to slow first before stopping completely though.

SSTEEL

Firstly, well done on finding the resources for getting the coil back in the barrel. As to the balance, make sure its connected to the pallet fork correctly, and that the escapement is running.

edwinowl
Well lots of searching on the net and I found a hand drawing which was very rough but I figured it out and it's now hand wound back into the barrel and the watch is back together, now I've got to try and sort out a bàlance that runs for a couple of minutes then stops, it seems to slow first before stopping completely though.

As you look at the balance when it tuns does it tilt? If so could be a damaged balance staff which is the bit that sits up into the jewel, they're easily broken.

TRANSPORTER

Cheers guys after another two strips and inspections and rebuilding she's running again, but not quite right, other movements that I have worked on when finished and after about two winds on the crown they start to run, u have to give this one a good shake then away it goes, it's not perfect which is annoying me now, but it's a cheapie rep A21j mvmt so I'm not too fussed but it's not up to standard. Oh well I shall carry on and see if I can find anything else that might be wrong, oh and now I'm into the keyless works as they seem to of gone all wrong, god knows how that's happened as I have had the stem in all the time.

edwinowl

O crap, just get another movement dude. About 24 gbp at cousins UK

ShovelnTC

O crap, just get another movement dude. About 24 gbp at cousins UK

Yeah that's what I'd do but that would mean failure and defeat so I expect Transporter will persevere and sort it himself which will result in enlightenment, elation and a feeling of accomplishment which is why we torture ourselves becoming student watch-repairers.

Good luck with your mission!!!

TRANSPORTER

Haha thanks for that, I've lost 3 bits so far, pesky heavy artillery tweezers fire items everywhere, but with some tenacious searching I've found two bits over a period of three days of adhoc searching in the carpet, the last bit AWOL is a screw of which I have a replacement so not to bothered about that now.

I will get this movement to work again eventually.

onionbag

I use a magnetic base from a DTI when searching for lost bit's 'n' pieces.

$_35.JPG

Mechwarrior

spring replacement

have fun ^_^

TRANSPORTER

Spring back in but thanks for the vid, also I was looking for magnet but thought I didn't have one big enough, but now I remember I've got a big one on my dial gauge in the garage