Sign in to follow this  
Tag You're It too

REVIEW - Tag Special Edition Carrera date time

Taimur.shah
Do you have the chrono running all the time?

Nope! Ran it for a couple of hours when I first got it but now just leave it off. I've read that it's not a good idea to over use the chronograph on the A7750. Is this correct?

Your first link is the only one I can find to compare too as well.

Chavezzito
Do you have the chrono running all the time?

Nope! Ran it for a couple of hours when I first got it but now just leave it off. I've read that it's not a good idea to over use the chronograph on the A7750. Is this correct?

Correct, I just thought you had it on all the time judging from your pics.

SSTEEL

Tag, you are comparing 2 different special editions of carrera here. Yours is SS, the gen you compared it with is titanium, hence not polished case parts, different strap, different chrono hand colour etc.

I am just surprised that SSTEEL hasnt noticed?

I had noticed, hence my comment.

Tag You're It too

Tag, you are comparing 2 different special editions of carrera here. Yours is SS, the gen you compared it with is titanium, hence not polished case parts, different strap, different chrono hand colour etc.

So which model do you think mine is a rep of? I'm assuming they have tried to rep the CV2A80 as I have posted. The only other model that is similar is the CV2A11 but they have a white dial and I don't think there was ever a carbon fibre model.

I actually ordered the watch before I tried to find the gen that it had been compared. Hindsight is a brilliant thing isn't it!!

Edited by Tag You're It too

SSTEEL

Its a bit of a fantasy model really. Parts from a couple of models combined in this rep.

Taimur.shah
Its a bit of a fantasy model really. Parts from a couple of models combined in this rep.

Yeah. Seems to be unique. Haha.

Still liking it though :)

It's actually made quite well. Correct logo, working lume, good finish etc..

Edited by Taimur.shah

MadButcher

I can see it now when I am at my laptop - would be much better if they put it in brushed titanium case, that would be much closer to titanium/carbon fibre/red accents gen :giggle:

Hour + minute + big chrono hand are from standard Day Date (not white painted), small dial hands + bezel + upper chrono pusher are from titanium edition, dial could be from Singapore or titanium edition, case and caseback are from either normal Day Date or Singapore edition. Dont know about strap, may be correct to Singapore edition. Interesting mix, I would consider it as very rare piece!

Taimur.shah
I can see it now when I am at my laptop - would be much better if they put it in brushed titanium case, that would be much closer to titanium/carbon fibre/red accents gen :giggle:

Hour + minute + big chrono hand are from standard Day Date (not white painted), small dial hands + bezel + upper chrono pusher are from titanium edition, dial could be from Singapore or titanium edition, case and caseback are from either normal Day Date or Singapore edition. Dont know about strap, may be correct to Singapore edition. Interesting mix, I would consider it as very rare piece!

Do you think rep designers are putting their own ideas into the watch or is it just a poor copy? The colour scheme with the dial, bezel and strap do go quite well together.

Pseudonym

So which model do you think mine is a rep of? I'm assuming they have tried to rep the CV2A80 as I have posted. The only other model that is similar is the CV2A11 but they have a white dial and I don't think there was ever a carbon fibre model.

I actually ordered the watch before I tried to find the gen that it had been compared. Hindsight is a brilliant thing isn't it!!

There were several CF based models- usually limited edition GP models ranging from 200-300 examples of each.

If it's stainless still and it's as the Ti model you posted originally, you are looking for the rep of CV2A17.FC6235

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag Heuer/Carrera/CV2A17.FC6235/17971/item/17449

What it seems you have bought is a fantasy rep. No such model exists in the form in which you have. Close but not representative of a gen.

The watch looks great. Wear it well. The average person won't know it isn't a real TH D/D, never mind an accurate replication of a gen model if you know what I mean.

I've had a rep of the CF model for a little over 3.5yrs. Runs great, keeps great time, functions well and looks great. Few friends couldn't believe it was a rep.

Thanks

P.

Edited by Pseudonym

Tag You're It too

There were several CF based models- usually limited edition GP models ranging from 200-300 examples of each.

If it's stainless still and it's as the Ti model you posted originally, you are looking for the rep of CV2A17.FC6235

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag Heuer/Carrera/CV2A17.FC6235/17971/item/17449

What it seems you have bought is a fantasy rep. No such model exists in the form in which you have. Close but not representative of a gen.

The watch looks great. Wear it well. The average person won't know it isn't a real TH D/D, never mind an accurate replication of a gen model if you know what I mean.

I've had a rep of the CF model for a little over 3.5yrs. Runs great, keeps great time, functions well and looks great. Few friends couldn't believe it was a rep.

Thanks

P.

Thanks pseuodonym.

I'm still enjoying the watch and as you said very few people will actually know about the TH special editions unless its a jeweller or a tag expert.

Watch is running slightly fast. Wondering if it is worth getting it serviced to adjust that. My understanding is that most automatic watches run slightly slow/fast.

Also the lume is weak and work fines through the night but only is I charge it first under a lamp.

adam88

Wow this is the exact watch i almost bought from iparadiac not too long ago.. Though this replica seems ok, im glad i stumbled across this forum..

As for your watch.. Hope you get some good wears out of it.. Still a good looker..

Tag You're It too

Wow this is the exact watch i almost bought from iparadiac not too long ago.. Though this replica seems ok, im glad i stumbled across this forum..

As for your watch.. Hope you get some good wears out of it.. Still a good looker..

Thanks mate