BentleySharp

"The Cartier Heard 'Round The World". Pics of a controversial ballon bleu

BentleySharp

This is by far the most controversial watch I've ever owned. This watch has started more arguements. Caused many people to hate me. Many others to like me. I've been flamed over this watch. Verbally attacked. And this watch has hurt some people's feelings fairly badly. And then after all of that, I got razzed pretty hard for taking a long time to post these pics of it. This is a Cartier Ballon Bleu in 42mm with white dial in rose gold on black leather with Cartier in house style deployant clasp. It was sourced and sent by ToroBravo. If you want to read a very short review of our transaction and then 3 pages of people razzing me to post pics of it, you can link to it here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=65870

So without further ado:

The watch that launched 1000 ships...

CartierBallonBleu1_zps1ecdf860.jpg

CartierBallonBleu2_zps52679405.jpg

CartierBallonBleu3_zpsaee6738c.jpg

CartierBallonBleu4_zps0ecdc74b.jpg

CartierBallonBleu5_zpsffd5778a.jpg

CartierBallonBleu6_zpsdcb074a7.jpg

CartierBallonBleu7_zpsaf4d4dfb.jpg

BentleySharp

For all the hell everyone gave me about taking these pictures, somebody better say something about them :P

onionbag

Were these taken in Lord Flasheart's study? :lol:

Nice pictures BSharp.

bubs126

I really like that watch. Smooth looking.

BentleySharp

Were these taken in Lord Flasheart's study? :lol:

Nice pictures BSharp.

It's actually my home office/study, but whatever :lol:

TheInthusiest

.... I do need a dress watch... Maybe a balloon Blue would cut it. :lol:

R1evans

Well done Benters,nice pics,only took 25 days.

<RJ>

Nice pics, :thumbsup2:

elp

Nice pics buddy, wear it in good health.

And about the razzing .... you loved being the center of attention, admit it!

:lol:

Pharmo

i like it!!

nice pics buddy :)

rickyrosey

Wow nice watch, i think i have to but this on my wish list

BentleySharp

Wow nice watch, i think i have to but this on my wish list

Might be better just to 'put' it on your wish list :giggle:

hbsreplica

Great taste.

Mystery Shopper

What size is it BS? The smaller versions are popular with the ladies.

BentleySharp

What size is it BS? The smaller versions are popular with the ladies.

This is the larger 'Man-Size' Ballon Bleu at 42mm, but yes, I believe there is also a ladies model at 36mm.

chats

hi Bentley, is it the stock strap or did you buy another one? i am looking for one also

BentleySharp

hi Bentley, is it the stock strap or did you buy another one? i am looking for one also

In the pictures it is on the stock rep black leather strap that it came with, however, I am currently trying to find a custom watch strap maker that can make me a honey brown baby hornback strap cut to fit this 42mm Ballon Bleu. The strap has a little cut-out where it attaches to the lug on the watch, so it has to be specially made for the 42mm Ballon Bleu. The only problem I'm running into is finding a strap maker that will make it in baby hornback. I emailed A.B.P. Paris with the special request (as the option for this watch was not available in hornback through their otherwise amazing website) and am still awaiting a response.

Please let me know if you, or anyone else, knows of a strap maker who will make a honey-brown baby hornback strap for the 42mm Ballon Bleu.

jgoorn

I personally don't like it. But everyone is entitled to their own Ballon Bleu opinion. Nice pics bsharp

tottenham

Looks classic and classy

R5tdi

In the pictures it is on the stock rep black leather strap that it came with, however, I am currently trying to find a custom watch strap maker that can make me a honey brown baby hornback strap cut to fit this 42mm Ballon Bleu. The strap has a little cut-out where it attaches to the lug on the watch, so it has to be specially made for the 42mm Ballon Bleu. The only problem I'm running into is finding a strap maker that will make it in baby hornback. I emailed A.B.P. Paris with the special request (as the option for this watch was not available in hornback through their otherwise amazing website) and am still awaiting a response.

Please let me know if you, or anyone else, knows of a strap maker who will make a honey-brown baby hornback strap for the 42mm Ballon Bleu.

Fantastic watch it is such a classic

Know what you mean on the strap took me ages to get one in the end McJules sorted me a stunning piece

Here's mine with his fine work makes a huge difference to the std strap

null_zps0141d126.jpg

BentleySharp

Fantastic watch it is such a classic

Know what you mean on the strap took me ages to get one in the end McJules sorted me a stunning piece

Here's mine with his fine work makes a huge difference to the std strap

null_zps0141d126.jpg

Very nice tourbillon Cartier :) And that light brown (which is what I want for my hornback) compliments the rose gold quite nicely.

nyckid

Bsharp, it only took you 2 months to upload the bloody pictures :giggle:

Nonetheless; this is an amazing looking watch breh! Imagine the great combination this would make with the Calatrava cufflinks ;)

BentleySharp

Nonetheless; this is an amazing looking watch breh! Imagine the great combination this would make with the Calatrava cufflinks ;)

If you go to the thread I posted about the cufflinks, the last picture is of the Cartier in the background and the Calatrava cufflinks in the forground. I did the photoshoot at the same time, so the scenery and backgrounds are all the same in both sets of pictures. The watch just snuck in to one of the cufflink pics at the end :)

Link to it here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=67448

diegosaenz

I'm actually more interested in the pain and suffering regarding the story of it!

nyckid

If you go to the thread I posted about the cufflinks, the last picture is of the Cartier in the background and the Calatrava cufflinks in the forground. I did the photoshoot at the same time, so the scenery and backgrounds are all the same in both sets of pictures. The watch just snuck in to one of the cufflink pics at the end :)

Link to it here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=67448

Yeah I noticed that, thx young Bsharp :)