BentleySharp

"The Cartier Heard 'Round The World". Pics of a controversial ballon bleu

BentleySharp

I'm actually more interested in the pain and suffering regarding the story of it!

Trust me. It sparked lots of drama and had the uncanny ability to bring out the worst (and ignorance) in people. I would link you to some of the threads regarding this but I'd much rather not dig up old things that really should stay buried. Just believe that all sensibility flew out the window for a few days.

Odyseus

Boy that was a journey and a half!! You better keep this watch after all your suffering?? ;)

neil

A lot of effort for blue balls...

But worth it

NCRich

Glad you like it Bentley. Enjoy.

ramirr

Haha, this like watching a tv drama... Great buy! Enjoy it. Happy holidays!

BentleySharp

Boy that was a journey and a half!! You better keep this watch after all your suffering?? ;)

You know ... I'm thinking of selling it ... bored with it now.

JOKING :D

I think this is one of those permanent editions to my collection. I'm thinking of doing some light modding to it as well. Replacing the blue "Sapphire" on the crown with an actual semi-precious blue stone (aquamarine or apatite), and maybe getting a gen dial eventually.

nyckid
:facepalm: lol

Pringles

Looks cool

waynacove

stunning shots bro nice stuff.

hkbob

null_zps0141d126.jpg

Beautiful - I want this watch !!!

Any comments on the fit&finish, how it feels on the wrist, experience so far ?

thanks,

sbrown85

Great looking watch and amazing pictures. Very classy.

Mieskone

Really cool watch!

Kopcap

i love the "Ballon Bleu"

a very classy and dressy Cartier !

here is mine (chrono version)

WristWeek-amp-Logo_Cartier-BallonBleu20_zps471c94dd.png

SSteel finish / quartz movement / working chrono

BentleySharp

I really like that Chrono Ballon Bleu. A lot. The arrangement of the subdials is interesting and compliments the curves of the watch.

Wear it well :)

BigBuys

The Ballon Bleu is my favorite watch in hand as it is a stunning collection of compound curves and it tapers to rather thin dimensions at its perimeter. Face on, the guilloche dial is just stunning! Beautiful watch. I would never wear it but I did get the 42 SS with black leather deployant and diamond bezel for my wife. It is her only REP and she wears it as much as any of her GENS. It is also her largest watch. Hers is quartz and always easy for her to wear.

I also got the gold version with bracelet and automatic movement for her sister. It too is a stunning watch but the diamond bezel and that guilloche dial is unbelievably beautiful!

peteins

This is so nice! may I ask how much you payed for this? the price seems to vary across various TD's, some are asking $1000, which version did you get?

ag69

Great pics!!

elp

LOL - I'd forgotten about the fun we had hassling poor BS while he had the man-flu!

BentleySharp

This is so nice! may I ask how much you payed for this? the price seems to vary across various TD's, some are asking $1000, which version did you get?

It was a while ago... I seem to remember it being around $300. I think I bought mine from Toro.

peteins

It was a while ago... I seem to remember it being around $300. I think I bought mine from Toro.

Not too shabby, Its beautiful!

There seems to be a new version of this watch, looks to be a very tempting price too :pcsam:

http://www.ts-station.co/product.php?id_product=16440

Edited by peteins

BentleySharp

There seems to be a new version of this watch, looks to be a very tempting price too :pcsam:

http://www.ts-statio...d_product=16440

They said something in the description of the new version you linked to about fixing the back inscription. The engraved inscription on the deployant and caseback are the only things I had issue with on my watch. It is the gold version, but the inscriptions still say "Stainless Steel". You can see it in my pictures here. I hope that's what they are talking about.

peteins

They said something in the description of the new version you linked to about fixing the back inscription. The engraved inscription on the deployant and caseback are the only things I had issue with on my watch. It is the gold version, but the inscriptions still say "Stainless Steel". You can see it in my pictures here. I hope that's what they are talking about.

Thats a bit of a shame about the engraving on yours! I like it in all metal varistions to be honest, I dont think I would get the gold version though. It looks really nice but I see gold as a bit old fashioned (no offence) hah ... hopefully, the version I linked has a rose gold sister with rose gold engraved on the back :D

BentleySharp

Thats a bit of a shame about the engraving on yours! I like it in all metal varistions to be honest, I dont think I would get the gold version though. It looks really nice but I see gold as a bit old fashioned (no offence) hah ... hopefully, the version I linked has a rose gold sister with rose gold engraved on the back :D

Yea, It's only on the caseback and the inside of the folding deployant clasp, so nobody will see the engraving, but if I had seen those mistakes in the QC's, I probably would have passed on the watch. It's the little details that drive me bonkers. It's just how I am.

peteins

Yea, It's only on the caseback and the inside of the folding deployant clasp, so nobody will see the engraving, but if I had seen those mistakes in the QC's, I probably would have passed on the watch. It's the little details that drive me bonkers. It's just how I am.

I am the exact same,dont look at the engravings and youll be fine ha. enjoy her, shes a gem

laman90036

to bad the engraving on back is wrong

its gold and should have correct markings

its not stainless