Sign in to follow this  
damiani

AP ROO DIVER SS - My story

damiani

Hi All,

I am new on this forum, and I love it! I wanted to share my first story with you.

I was a wearing my AP ROO Diver SS V4.1 the other day (I don't know how to add photos yet). I went for a coffee with a very rich real estate developer, he saw my watch and asked me to take it off so he tries it. He doesn't fancy AP brand he thinks it is too flashy, but he loves the Diver apparently and he is considering to buy one. So I took it off, he tried and he loved it. A lot has to do with the confidence you wear the watch, but this AP Diver I have is so well made it is truly amazing.

I would love add a photo of my Diver, but I just don't know how to. I will study more the newbie section.

George.

Assuming you said its a gen?

Be careful with that

damiani

I am sorry - I didn't mention it was a gen nor a rep. I remained quiet.

Khronos

You have to make an account on Photobucket, upload pics there and then you can post them here. AP diver is a well made watch..

Edited by thrn

damiani
ApDiverSS_zpsd1a95621.jpg Edited by damiani

Daywatch

Congrats on Your watch and You just learned how to post pics - great.

Would like to know how others would strategically go about exactly the same situation like... Hey, You like it, You can get one of these for less than 500 usd, incredible isn´t it, it´s just a rep.....and it really keeps good time, only flaw is it´s not waterproof yet and I must still find somebody to waterproof it for me.... assuming You did´t even know You were going to meet him and point 2 he probably would also like to get a 400 USD rep as what he liked on his wrist was Yours, not the gen. Now he´s going to pay 20000 usd more ..... to "not get exactly the same".

venom43

way to chameleon it. i've been trying to decide either the v4.1 over the v5.....and couldn't decide....so i went with the fc. that's a great looking model. very incognito.

damiani

Would like to know how others would strategically go about exactly the same situation like... Hey, You like it, You can get one of these for less than 500 usd, incredible isn´t it, it´s just a rep.....and it really keeps good time, only flaw is it´s not waterproof yet and I must still find somebody to waterproof it for me.... assuming You did´t even know You were going to meet him and point 2 he probably would also like to get a 400 USD rep as what he liked on his wrist was Yours, not the gen. Now he´s going to pay 20000 usd more ..... to "not get exactly the same".

Different people react differently, I have few genuine Rolexes and this is my first replica. I would never pay $20,000 for a watch and I drive a brand new Bentley GT Speed for $250,000. I must see value in things than I buy them, for 2,5% of the price of the genuine Diver I got 90% of the real thing, it is a very good deal in my world. Try explaining this to some people they think I am crazy.

damiani

way to chameleon it. i've been trying to decide either the v4.1 over the v5.....and couldn't decide....so i went with the fc. that's a great looking model. very incognito.

I want to buy the FC, but I think I will wait for a good replica of black ceramic Diver

BentleySharp

Different people react differently, I have few genuine Rolexes and this is my first replica. I would never pay $20,000 for a watch and I drive a brand new Bentley GT Speed for $250,000. I must see value in things than I buy them, for 2,5% of the price of the genuine Diver I got 90% of the real thing, it is a very good deal in my world. Try explaining this to some people they think I am crazy.

This makes perfect sense to me, But some people just can't be satisfied with 90% and they are willing to pay exorbanant amounts of money to make up that remaining 10%, which is also ok.

As for a situation like that? I would have handled it as you did. I would have kept my cool and shown him the watch. Any compliments would have been met with a polite 'Thank you' and a smile. Some people feel as if they need to tell everyone that even glances at their wrist that they are wearing a rep. I think that is uncouth I don't think it's nessicary. You see, on the flip side of that, I wear a pair of very expensive genuine designer Italian leather shoes, but when people compliment my shoes, I don't feel the need to have to tell them the brand and how much I paid for them. I respond in the same way I do about compliments to my rep watches. A polite 'Thank you' and a smile.

R1evans

Bents,pics of the shoes or it didn't happen.

digital_sound

Not only that but many ppl don't even know or actually seen an AP Diver before - let alone actually handling one... many reps are so well made now that I figured why pay 10's of thousands of dollars for watch when one can buy many different reps for fraction of the cost?

Irishcain

This makes perfect sense to me, But some people just can't be satisfied with 90% and they are willing to pay exorbanant amounts of money to make up that remaining 10%, which is also ok.

As for a situation like that? I would have handled it as you did. I would have kept my cool and shown him the watch. Any compliments would have been met with a polite 'Thank you' and a smile. Some people feel as if they need to tell everyone that even glances at their wrist that they are wearing a rep. I think that is uncouth I don't think it's nessicary. You see, on the flip side of that, I wear a pair of very expensive genuine designer Italian leather shoes, but when people compliment my shoes, I don't feel the need to have to tell them the brand and how much I paid for them. I respond in the same way I do about compliments to my rep watches. A polite 'Thank you' and a smile.

I quite agree. If people compliment, a polite thanks is all that's necessary. The only time I mention Gen or Rep is after THEY bring up the subject. Then my response will depend on the particular situation.

Kleen™

Being a liar is much worse than being a wearer of replica watches - not even in the same ballpark imo...

P4GTR

That diver looks awesome with the tight long sleeve shirt. Well done Damiani.

I agree "thank you" is the best approach. Otherwise it's too late by the time I catch myself spewing watch talk & making peoples eyes glaze over.

oldshoes.jpg

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

As I have a collection of Gen AP ROO´s... Pams, Cartier and Bvlgari......

and now have a rather large collection of mainly rep AP´s.......

It´s simple for me....... When I´m wearing the reps...... (especially a few of them) They feel and look so good ... and so close to gens.......

That I wear them with the same pride and care as my massively overpriced Gen AP´s........

I have decided that it´s nobody´s business but mine....... and mostly all I get is a brief compliment....... so i´m not bringing the subject up.....and accept the compliment gracefully.....

All but the most eagle eyed.... avid collector would not be able to spot the difference.........

I also don´t really give a dam..... I love them all the same...... just like my children !!!

I also just got my Gen AP ROO Panda out the safe... as I just got my rep Panda a few days ago..........

Bloody hell.... its a close call.......the rep is amazing........

I will post Gen Panda and Gen Rose Gold ROO RC side by side my reps tomorrow.........

Rep addiction rules....

With the exception of Gen ROO Arnold Legacy I am about to buy.......coz the rep is crap ........

I AM DONE WITH GENS !!!!!!!!

damiani

DSC_0280_zpsb78db13b.jpg

photo_zps26b7b914.jpg

photo3_zps7a894c9f.jpg

photo5_zpsefb9575c.jpg

photo4_zps935617c6.jpg

nunu78

Nice wheels.

P4GTR

Beautiful! Now that's a combo! :lol: May you have good health to enjoy your wealth. ;)

nativenvs

Nice watch! Very nice Car!!

Daywatch

Now that´s an awesome cockpit in the Bentley. Goes perfect with the AP Diver. Thanks for the update pics, that was really cool. :B):

R1evans
That diver looks awesome with the tight long sleeve shirt. Well done Damiani.

I agree "thank you" is the best approach. Otherwise it's too late by the time I catch myself spewing watch talk & making peoples eyes glaze over.

oldshoes.jpg

Good old Dr Martins,classics.

Bluejuz

Very nice pics my friend. Hope you give that GT a good blast now & then.

BentleySharp

Actually, There are already pics of those shoes up on the forum :D (bet you weren't expecting that!) Hold on a sec and I'll find the link... (They are in the thread where I reviewed my new custom leather GunnyStrap for my Pam312)

Here it is:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=64362

R1evans

Very nice Bents,my Loake oxfords say hello.

image_zps08022d77.jpg