Sign in to follow this  
MDK

Is this a Trusty Time Site

MDK

I nearly purchased a watch from

After reading this site i have not gone through with it , is this anything to do with Trusty, it is using a Trusty Time watermark on pictures

Edited by RichardMiami
scam url removed

BaggyPants

No, just pinched their photos. Only go to any of the trusted dealers through the links on this forum. Simple.

fatarms

That looks suspect as hell. I highly doubt that has anything to do with TrustyTime at all, in fact, a mod might want to let TT know about this site.

MDK

Glad i didnt through with that one, thank you all

Markrfc

Doubt it run a mile

Stuvetjee

Is it really necessary to post 3 threads about a Maurice Lacroix skeleton? :P

Edited by Stuvetjee

whitez79

I've reported it to Andrew

nyckid

Stay away from that mate!

Scam scam scam! Stick to our trusted dealers.

FuzzyCoyote

Hopefully you stayed clear! As mentioned above. If you want to use one of the TDs, go through the links in the page for them, you will end up in the right place with genuinely helpful people :)

RickRolex

Maybe I have missed a thread on this but I was wondering about a rep dealer called "Camewatchesus" who currently resides at www.camewatchus.org and whose watch photos are watermarked "Cool-Watches.com". I have actually placed an order with a TD, so I am OK. I am merely curious if any other rep fans have dealt with this seller or if the signs point to this being a scam? Maybe he is a legit dealer and could use an invitation to the list? Maybe he is not. I am a newbie so I am just feeling out the subject of internet rep dealers. Thanks. :boxedin:

RichardMiami

If anyone wants to be a TD here, they can apply. After that, we will investigate them and decide. It is a long process. Trusted status is earned over a long period of time.

theslavetrainer

If anyone wants to be a TD here, they can apply. After that, we will investigate them and decide. It is a long process. Trusted status is earned over a long period of time.

YOU KNOW ITS FASCINATING HOW SOME, WELL AT LEAST ONE TD-on repgeek has a duplicate site under another name. Watcheden is also Reptimepieces. Identical and run by them. There are a few examples of two other sites that are chinese that operate with RU domains and use Honts images. They also sell every other repped item under the sun-nikes, designer jeans etc all from one site. Its one stop shopping. Select the section you want like - watches or shoes-or belts. Since Honts site was siezed ive used these sites pics to order from Hont direct, which is laughable. Question is - do some dealers subcontract out their stock and images in return for a greater market share? The watch prices are indeed more expensive, so theres a lot of money being made by these one stop shop sites. Honts is particular in that he doesnt use an english watermark across his pics just the cartoon logo and 4 chinese characters. so the unwitting are none the wiser that the items are indeed linked to another party. Needless to say I would never buy from the RU sites, but have bought quite a few watches without incident from the TD's on Repgeek. -To clarify tho I always try to source the item from here, but sometimes they just cant get the watch I want.

ALWAYS GO WITH A TRUSTED DEALER and you will never get bit, but be aware these duplicate sites are out there.