Sign in to follow this  
milkingmike

which dealer is best?

milkingmike

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. Wondering if I can get any opinions on which dealer is the best to buy a Rolex cosmography daytona oyster 40mm everose gold. CASE

Oyster, 40 mm, Everose gold

MOVEMENT

Mechanical, self-winding,

chronograph

DIAL

Chocolate

BRACELET

Leather strap

REFERENCE

116515LN

Thanks.

Odyseus

All the TD's will be able to source that watch from the same factory ( I assume is a Noob Daytona). Which TD really depends on how you are going to pay??

BentleySharp

Any and all of the dealers on the 'Trusted Dealer' list are reputable, trustworthy, and are able to source the Rolex Daytona.

Before you just jump into ordering a watch, I would recommend doing some reading on the forum about ordering protocol, reps, and movements, especially if you are interested in getting a Daytona.

Welcome to the RWG forum :)

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Pretty much all of the dealers can supply any model.

Daytonas with the seconds at six are problematical and are referred to as ticking timebombs here......this due to the gear train modification required to the A7750 movement used in Chinese reps.

Some more reading on your part is required, take your time to spend a few days swotting up.

conx
:popcorn:

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG, read the feedback on the various dealers and choose which one you feel will best suite your needs.

kennycoder
:couchbeer:

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I had a read up.... and i´m no longer buying a Daytona....... you may feel the same way after a read up.....

there are so many more accurate stunning reps..... happy studying...

DG335

Welcome. Better reps avaialble than the daytona

Bigcountrykris

Welcome, do plenty of reading, check out the TD and see which one takes your fancy, they can all get that watch, but i reckon after a good read you might change your mind about a daytona :-)

Memphisbigdave

Wish I had known about this before I had bought my Daytona. I had a cheap one and wanted a nicer one, so spent about $350 for one that looks good, has the sn between the lugs, etc. it worked less than a week. I've since had a local watchmaker take it in twice, spent another $300, and its in a drawer now. I have 8 or 9 other reps that all work flawless. I would love to get this Daytona up and rolling again. Any suggestions?

StormyNight

Buy a TC Sub. The end.

Well, it's not. It's just the beginning but you know what I mean :D

Odyseus

Wish I had known about this before I had bought my Daytona. I had a cheap one and wanted a nicer one, so spent about $350 for one that looks good, has the sn between the lugs, etc. it worked less than a week. I've since had a local watchmaker take it in twice, spent another $300, and its in a drawer now. I have 8 or 9 other reps that all work flawless. I would love to get this Daytona up and rolling again. Any suggestions?

Why didn't you send it back to the TD to fix???

Odyseus

Buy a TC Sub. The end.

Well, it's not. It's just the beginning but you know what I mean :D

It's not a Daytona though. I guess if you want to give up on a sec@6 then get a 'vintage' sec@9 version from someone like Trevor @ RWI ?

BentleySharp

Well... You're probably not going to want to hear what I'm about to say, but this issue with the Daytona is thoroughly documented on this forum, and considering this is your first post, you never wrote an introduction thread (much like the OP did here) where other members would have the chance to tell you about the problems with the Daytona.

Perhaps you should take this as a hard lesson learned, and start researching the watches you buy on the forum (there is a wealth of compiled information here) before you buy them.

It's true, we all make mistakes (I just found out that there is a better version of the watch I just ordered yesterday, less than 24 hours after sending payment :boxedin: ) but it's how we learn from those mistakes that's important.

Jonnybaws

I had a read up.... and i´m no longer buying a Daytona....... you may feel the same way after a read up.....

Aye, Daytona was high on my wish list too, but with all the "known" issues with reps of the Daytonas with Sec@6, I'll be giving them a miss, that is until I can afford to buy the real thing!

Odyseus

Aye, Daytona was high on my wish list too, but with all the "known" issues with reps of the Daytonas with Sec@6, I'll be giving them a miss, that is until I can afford to buy the real thing!

They don't ALL fail BTW, one of out esteemed TD's suggested 1 in 4??

onionbag

This is true, there are many that are tended well and rarely worn, still ticking away.

I'm sure Silverspeed has one that's 6-7 years old.

Odyseus

This is true, there are many that are tended well and rarely worn, still ticking away.

I'm sure Silverspeed has one that's 6-7 years old.

Quite!!!! So for 'people' to suggest that they are a guaranteed fail and that the buyer should have read up, is a bit unfair.

I just remember all the posts a couple of years ago, saying that ordinary 7750's were 'ticking timebombs' - you never hear that now??

onionbag
I just remember all the posts a couple of years ago, saying that ordinary 7750's were 'ticking timebombs' - you never hear that now??

See post 4. :rofl:

To be fair that is still the consensus I'd suggest, rightly or wrongly. It's fair enough I believe to warn that you may be spending a lot of money on a movement with a bad reputation.

Mystery Shopper

Unfortunately Daytonas wear more bracelet than watch for me.

BentleySharp

See post 4. :rofl:

To be fair that is still the consensus I'd suggest, rightly or wrongly. It's fair enough I believe to warn that you may be spending a lot of money on a movement with a bad reputation.

Yea... If nothing else, the 'secs @ 6' Daytona definitely has an image problem. Maybe the 'Worlwide AntiDefamation Council of Kindness to Daytonas' (or W.A.C.K.D.) :giggle: could start a 're-branding' campaign.

Odysseus, you would make a good spokesman :D

onionbag

I'd suggest it's more than an image problem.

For those unfamiliar with it here's Francisco's Graphite Lubrication treatment for the seconds at 6 movement.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=3154

Remember, there are many who've spent $100's getting Domi's 3 jewel modification also.

But, for all that there is no denying that many run with no problem. Is it a case of bad news travels fast?

You decide.

RUSH2112

Regardless of watch or movement, anyone who buys a watch before spending 2weeks minimum reading the info on this forum is destined for a problem.

Wriggles

Remember, there are many who've spent $100's getting Domi's 3 jewel modification also.

A mod which he's no longer doing, checked yesterday. Don't know of anyone else offering similar so if you do chance a secs@6 and get a dud it will most likely become a paperweight. An expensive one