Sign in to follow this  
mysterio

First Surprise for 2014 - Tuttonero!!!

mysterio

Well, the 1st day is barely over and we have our first new PAM. It's really not that new since bits and pieces have been showing up in various reps (359 dial, DLCed P9001 movement, DLCed cases) but it has all come together in probably one of the more eagerly awaited reps...the PAM 438, Tuttonero.

The watch

PAM2013123101-01_enl.JPG

Close up of the dial:

PAM2013123101-02_enl.JPG

Lume shot

PAM2013123101-03_enl.JPG

Close up of the CG:

PAM2013123101-04_enl.JPG

Side view

PAM2013123101-06_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-07_enl.JPG

Bracelet. If you're going to ask why the deployant ears are SS on the rep, it's because the gen is the same way (major complaint from the general public).

PAM2013123101-08_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-09_enl.JPG

Photo of the DLC plated movement (at least the visible portions) behind the smoked crystal.

PAM2013123101-10_enl.JPG

Removing the caseback reveals the movement beneath it.

PAM2013123101-11_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-12_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-13_enl.JPG

Caseback with the Tuttonero inscription

PAM2013123101-14_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-15_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-16_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-17_enl.JPG

PAM2013123101-18_enl.JPG

Someone will eventually get one and post actual pictures. Some observations right off the bat:

1. The movement is obviously not a P9001 clone so it still has the flaws of its non-DLCed counterpart. As such, the location of the subdial on the rep is flawed the same as that on the PAM359, It's very small but it will be there.

2. The lettering on the movement seems too white. The one on the gen seems to be greyish probably silver or platinum paint.

3. The lever tip shape is wrong. That's probably because it's a DLCed version of an existing rep lever. There is a definite angle on the outer side and the tip is more pointed.

4. Crown looks too thin. On the rep it looks to be around a third of the space inside the CG. On the gen it is only half.

5. Dial fonts look to be fine, compared to the OP site, it looks pale, but on actual watch photos on the net, they are the same.

6. Weight is going to be off as it's DLCed SS compared to ceramic of the gen. Why it did not use Titanium is to probably keep costs down (but at the cost of inaccuracy in weight, anyway, you're not going to "see" the weight difference).

7. Jury is still out on the DLC bracelet as there is no actual sample yet. Hopefully it is as great as it looks (PAM299 bracelet quality).

8. Most importantly, price is not yet announced. This will be a factor in deciding its success (or level of).

All in all, it's a very good effort on the part of the Z-Factory which seems to be pumping out its reps like there's no tomorrow. I have contacted my dealer for pricing and delivery ETA. It's been on my wishlist. A better one might come along eventually but this will tide me over just nicely. :D

Edited by mysterio

James.

OMFG someone quick, tell RichardMiami! Been looking and eagerly awaiting this one for quite a while... :drool:

Cheesemonger

I look forward to someone getting this and posting their findings. One thing I can never seem to wrap my head around are DLC bracelets. I just assume they will scratch so easily that I would remove it for a strap replacement.

mysterio

I have owned DLC cased PAMs and they have resisted scratching. I wouldn't expect anything less from a bracelet if it received the same treatment.

Vwalasi

I need this.

TheTinMan
:omfg: FUCK! Just when I was thought buying reps for the foreseeable future. I really have to stop coming here.

nyckid

Me likey.....me ordering :Jumpy:

gigahertz15

Am I the only one who is not a fan of the bracelet?

Pams mean leather straps to me...

nyckid
Am I the only one who is not a fan of the bracelet?

Pams mean leather straps to me...

In which language? :P

gigahertz15

lol.

I'm just upset because I was trying to pick a DLC/PVD PAM and now I'm confused. :(

Vwalasi

Does anyone know for when this is due?

edit: nvm found it

Edited by Vwalasi

deja123

Price at tswatches is 458$

Royale Pearl

NICE!

my first watch of 2014 come tomorrow :)

diegosaenz

Am I the only one that cant get shit from the pictures? Black on black... How about a white background so we can actually see something!

BentleySharp

...The tuttonero would sell like the beans if it were done right...

PAM 438 TUTTONERO

...Really like that 438...

...The 438...would be easy buy for me...

been asking for a tuttonero since I found out about reps.. beautiful watch

TUTTONERO

Tuttonero!!

PAM 438 TUTTONERO all the way!

Did I vote for the TUTTONERO yet?

...the Tuttonero im%20Not%20Worthy.gif:thumbsup:

Put me down for a 438...

438!

Typically not a ceramic or PVD fan, but that 438 looks pretty sweet.

PAM 438 TUTTONERO!!

That 438 is sex

I like the tuttonero

Also would like to see a decent 438

The 438 Tuttonero is a beautiful piece, would love to have one of those!

Wow I 2nd this one too, movement looks amazing in blk.

438! When will they start?

YES YES YES YES YES! The Tuttonero! With the black bracelet! I would Definately buy one of these if it was repped well.

+1 for the Tuttonero!

+1000 on the full ceramic gmt, just killer!

my vote goes to the 438...

+100 for the Tutonero

PAM 438 TUTTONERO!!

Wow, that pam438 looks fantastic!

The people have spoken!! The Pam438 'Tuttonero'! Is anyone out there listening? We want this watch, and we want it with the proper black ceramic bracelet. We collectively have enough money to send all your kids to college. We want to give you our money. Just make us this watch and bracelet!

Panerai-PAM-438-Tuttonero-620x492.jpg

THEY LISTENED !!!! :Shocked: THEY ACTUALLY LISTENED !!!! Oh GaWD!! Oh GawD!!! oh gAWD!!! :woo: Oh Gawd!!! OH GAwD!!!! Oh gaWD!!!!

I can't get the link to work to see the rep :suicide: Noooo! Must... see... rep...

I've been waiting for a quality rep of this WITH the black ceramic bracelet!

6. Weight is going to be off as it's DLCed SS compared to ceramic of the gen. Why it did not use Titanium is to probably keep costs down (but at the cost of inaccuracy in weight, anyway, you're not going to "see" the weight difference).

7. Jury is still out on the DLC bracelet as there is no actual sample yet. Hopefully it is as great as it looks (PAM299 bracelet quality).

So... It's not going to be ceramic...Hmm...excitement...fading.......

Don't know how I feel about that...It's still nice though that they are going to offer the Tuttonero with a black bracelet, as the one that was previously available on ToroBravo's site only came with a leather strap.

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=915

This has been available on Toro's site for quite some time now, but I never ordered it because it didn't come with the black bracelet. How does this new PAM438 'Tuttonero' compare with this one that's been on Toro's site? Does anyone know? Or does anyone know if the one on Toro's site is actually even available?

MasterWatch

Wow that does look pretty sweet.

mysterio

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=915

This has been available on Toro's site for quite some time now, but I never ordered it because it didn't come with the black bracelet. How does this new PAM438 'Tuttonero' compare with this one that's been on Toro's site? Does anyone know? Or does anyone know if the one on Toro's site is actually even available?

Toro's 438:

1. Font on the dial is the wrong color, almost white.

2. CG cutout is wrong, squarish like a 111 Noob CG, no angle in the cutout. Same issue with the lever as the new one.

3. The crown seems to be better proportioned although that's likely because of the cutout being smaller.

4. The lever has a rollerball (gen seems to have none)

5. No TUTTONERO engraved on the caseback (which technically disqualifies it as a rep of the 438 don't you think?).

6. Case shape is wrong. The top edge of the case seems to be flat instead of curving at the ends.

With these many faults (in addition to the ones listed above), it would be now a question of whether you think the additional 70$ is worth it. It's not like the PAM243 pricing which went up for 60$ without any change except the source of the watch. There are major differences. By the way, TSWatch's photos look better in that they show the watch in natural light as well as wristies. :)

http://www.tswatchltd.com/14964-pa14964-pam438-o-luminor-gmt-ceramic-full-dlc-coating-zf-1-1-best-p9001.html

JimmyV

:o Sweet Jesus I'm In Love!

dalboy

Not too Shabby !!

Dal.

Kleen™

Luv'ly - although I'd be worried about the DLC wearing off on the bracelet...

plankton

Clearly this will be a sell out initially by the looks of this thread.

wrenches&watches

First off, big thanks to BS for tagging me in this post. And like him, my initial 'pee my pants' excitement quickly faded when I saw that it's ss. How come we can have a shit ton if 292s in full ceramic but they short change us on a watch that clearly has ceramic on the dial. I'm still hoping they come out with the 505 in ceramic or rather "compisite" and even more so will I wait for them to do this one equal justice. ALE was right, we are rushing these factories into making inaccuracy because we have as a whole lowered our standards.

mysterio

We can only speculate on why the maker (Zorro Factory) did this. Probably because they simply do not know where the ceramic cases can be made (I doubt Noob and H-Factory will share their sources with Z-Fac, plural as their PAM292 have slightly differing ceramic cases).

There is also the practicality angle. Ceramic watches have been known to crack (as they cannot be dented their failure mechanism is to break), even in gens like these photos from a Risti forum.

panerai_image.3334623.jpg

panerai_image.1879456.jpg

Here's to show it's not limited to PAMs.

I0Y25vJn.png

Being a new maker, Z-Fac might have decided to go the safe route and used a non-ceramic case. I do think for the price they should have gone with the DLCed Titanium case to match the full ceramic case in weight and looks.

Edited by mysterio