Sign in to follow this  
mysterio

First Surprise for 2014 - Tuttonero!!!

Zachthebaker

put it like this... I'll buy this tuttonero... and the next and the next until they get it perfect with full ceramic case and bracelet.. Im glad they are making the damn thing

machiavegli

I've been waiting forever for this...

-Mach

cogwatch

Damn I wish I hadn't seen this thread. 7 watches on the way right now and I must resist another one!!!

cogwatch

There's a price on PT now - $518

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Only have gen Pams....but this is sweet.... think I may have found my first rep Pam....

Very very cool

El_Cabong56

Wow. That thing is goddamn beautiful. I was going to try to cut back on the habit this year, but this is not making it easy. ZF is on a tear.

IgnitionDream

Timepiece looks amazing...will pull the trigger on this one!!!

wrenches&watches

Being a new maker, Z-Fac might have decided to go the safe route and used a non-ceramic case. I do think for the price they should have gone with the DLCed Titanium case to match the full ceramic case in weight and looks.

Oh the horror! To wake up to these images of poor abused watches, gens at that. What are these guys doing to these damn things, going to war wearing them? I like the idea of titanium, anything but ss at this point, and for $458?! Maybe even tungsten.

wc3s3an

wow, looks amazing. some pics on a white background are needed though.

mysterio

wow, looks amazing. some pics on a white background are needed though.

I posted the link to another dealer's site on the first page. Anyway, here are the pics. ;)

Pics in hand and I mean, in hand. LOL

pa14964-pam438-o-luminor-gmt-ceramic-full-dlc-coating-zf-1-1-best-p9001.jpg

A bit of lighting difference here

The all important wristies:

Obviously not sized for this wrist (somebody take note of the serial LOL)

Movement pic

Deployant (brushed SS as per gen)

TheTinMan

Holy fucking shit. Where do I send my money? I may have just creamed in my trousers.

gigahertz15

Any reviews available yet?

ALE7575

Following the pics and posts published about this watch, I would like to make a little summary of all info available about this ZFac PAM 438 TUTTONERO just released.

Summary of info about ZFac Pam 438 Tuttonero (5 January 2014)

The PAM 438 TUTTONERO released by ZFac seems a good attempt to get a First Class replica.

It is really well built and the finish is nice, colour and surface finish seem accurate to get a ceramic-like appearance. Sandblasted or beadblasted treatment is applied, instead of brushing, before DLC coating to get the ceramic texture appearance.

This replica is fitted with a decorated A7750 based movement, which features a false Power Reserve indicator

Overall is an accurate replica and you would need to know a little the gen and the black P.9001/B movement to tell the replica without a thorough observation.

Unfortunately, due to the info currently available, many people are able to know every detail for any watch in some minutes. Therefore the work of replica makers is more and more hard.

Regarding gen and rep comparisons we need to clarify several points:

-Polemic inscription CERAMICA is correct. Because some catalogues and prototypes show CERAMIC but watches in the market have CERAMICA.

-Deployant clasp is SS natural silver colour like gen.

-Gen AR is single-side and not strong like in PAM 359 and similar

See this video:

In this ZFac PAM 438 we can see, by the pics and info available, some clear flaws of different types.

1-Flaws impossible to be corrected without using a real clone movement (impossible at this moment)

2-Flaws impossible to be corrected without using the correct ceramic material (not impossible but difficult and with other problems at this moment)

3-Flaws more or less easy to be corrected and that could have been avoided with a more careful project, design or manufacture. Anyway perfectly correctable flaws at this moment.

These last flaws, it is a pity that makers, maybe for sloppiness or pressed by the commercial competition, cannot avoid them. In this way, we get in the market very good replicas, after many time, efforts and money spent, but with several “silly” flaws which ruin a well made work

1-Flaws impossible to be corrected without using a real clone movement (impossible at this moment)

-Since it is a decorated like P.9001 movement based on A7750, it features false Power Reserve indicator, it has some unavoidable inaccuracies and, obviously, inverted layout like other decorated A7750 based movements. Besides, due to A7750 subdial @9 position, the seconds subdial is a little displaced, few noticeable.

-GMT function with one turn every 24 hrs of GMT hand, instead of 12hrs. like gen. There is no solution for this issue with a rep movement.

2-Flaws impossible to be corrected without using the correct ceramic material (not impossible but difficult and with other problems at this moment)

-Since the rep is made of SS DLC and the gen is real ceramic, the rep weight is much higher. This difference could be decreased using Titanium instead of SS, but anyway the weight would be also lighter.

3-Flaws more or less easy to be corrected and that could have been avoided with a more careful project, design or manufacture. Anyway perfectly correctable flaws at this moment.

-Inaccurate fonts and placements of inscription on movement decoration bridges

-Inaccurate colour of movement inscriptions, it is too white instead of greyish or silver like gen ones.

-Inaccurate text about number of jewels. Gen is 29 twenty-nine and rep says 28 twenty-eight

-Decoration jewels seem black painted in rep

-Inaccurate fonts on caseback engravings. Mainly TUTTONERO is wrong and bad defined. See mainly the ugly “R”

-Wrong shape of lever tip. It is clearly narrower and more rounded in outer side. Gen has a shape with increasing width from the base to the tip, rep shape is more uniform from base to tip. Lever end in contact with the crown has also wrong narrower shape.

-Crown seems a little narrower.

-The CG hollow to shelter the crown need more angled shape like a “D”

-Dial markers seems fine but a bit white. Gen has vintage creamy colour. Maybe is a problem of the pic. We will see in person.

Due to that we could classify, pending more detailed and valid reviews, and depending of lume colour accuracy and quality, as a First Class replica of low-medium level.

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

wrenches&watches

Thanks ALE!

LightGeek

Sorry I'd take the 335 any day, forgoing the bracelet. All those numbers make it look cluttered.

wrenches&watches

I agree on that point. The key factors that draw me in are the black ceramic and black movement. I'd prefer to see a sandwich dial with sec @ 9 and no date ala the 111.

gigahertz15

Has the PAM 335 been repped at a high quality level?

Kleen™

Ale, you are an Oracle of PAM knowledge...

Pmat

Oh the horror! To wake up to these images of poor abused watches, gens at that. What are these guys doing to these damn things, going to war wearing them? I like the idea of titanium, anything but ss at this point, and for $458?! Maybe even tungsten.

Why tungsten? It's much heavier than SS or ceramic.....if anything, apart from ceramic, use titanium.

jwalt

I agree on that point. The key factors that draw me in are the black ceramic and black movement. I'd prefer to see a sandwich dial with sec @ 9 and no date ala the 111.

Thank you, this watch would be better looking with a different dial all together