Sign in to follow this  
Bonnovox

What do u Think of This one?

James.

If you want an omega its a good choice, but if you're after anything else I wouldn't recommend it.

But in all seriousness, its a tad mediocre. Its an entry level quartz. Not overly accurate. If you have your heart set on a PO consider the 42mm chronometer or 45mm UPO.

nyckid

What do you want to know about the watch?

This one looks decent but it is dependable on many things. Such as: your budget, movement of preference, etc.

Also, you might want to check out the watches reference threads (they go by brand) read a lot you must.

good luck,

The Kid

NFleischer

Yes it's a cheap entry level quartz watch. Not terrible - depends on what you want. The new Ceramic POs are a lot more

accurate and automatic.

BentleySharp

I personally won't buy quartz. For a little more money you can have a better rep with an automatic movement similar to the gen. I also personally don't believe in buying "starter" watches. If that's all you can afford, that's fine, get what you can get, But me, I'm going to buy the best rep I can get. If I can afford the 'super-rep' version then that's what I'm going to buy. I don't want to have to bother selling it in the near future in favor of a better version. I want the rep I buy and enjoy now to be the same rep I am enjoying a year from now or 5 years from now.

You asked for opinions. There's mine.

ImNotFatImFluffy

if i was to go for an Omega PO, it would be 2500 style being that

1. if you go with BP CrPO, theres always bezel paint wearing (unless you get the orange bezel, which is actually steel, not ceramic, so no bezel paint fading issue) off easily, and the possibility of the whole crown assembly coming out of the watch if not careful

2. NOOB has started releasing the new style POs, but almost always the dial has some issues (crooked letting, markers, number, spacing issues on the LMPO, which will more than likely be a pain to resize the bracelet as well; on their ceramic the block of lettering beneath the thing holding the hands in place (i dont know proper term) looks tilted, also people having been saying that 1. crown is bigger on the rep, 2. wrong date font, 3. square markers at 3, 6, 9, and 12 are oversized, 4. silver ring spacing seems off (should be a bit of orange/black right before the crystal), 5. angle of the HEV seems off. 6. date window itself is too small)

i dont know why NOOB will release the reps if the dials have so many problems, most of which ive found easy, if they could source proper dials like the ones on BP CrPO (which ive never heard of problems being on, nor did anything jump out on me when i had one), if the dials issues werent so numerous and mostly easy to spot they would be must haves for me when budget allows.

Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

Daywatch

It´s a quartz rep with all the advantages - reliability (and disadvantages - ticking, bad lume, less gen-like) that come with quartz. The working of the watch and chrono will be tops without any worries or problems, precise after You´ve set the time once You´re done. The chrono seconds hand will tick but only if You use the chrono, otherwise its locked at 12 so its a good choice in my opinion as the small seconds in the subcircles ticking do not disturb me. Weight, feel and price excellent and I like buying from them, nice and reliable.

With the leather bracelet You won´t need any tools to adjust it either which in many Omegas is a mess.

The lume will be very bad and weak, which unfortunately it is with most quartz-reps, so at least at night it will not look like a true Omega. If going for Quartz I would also like to have a date on it (also for setting the autos).

If You don´t have any reps yet I would not mind to go this way to see what You get for that price and You can either love it or always use it to set the time on Your future automatics. If later You are going for a Rolex Submariner those only come as autos anyway. It´s all about comparing and getting experience and on many quartz the exterior casing is exactly the same as with the 3 x more expensive auto movement (on many others it is not).

If choosing a top-automatic Omega with vey good lume the price will be more than double to 3x. I would do that only after reading a lot here on the forum and having chosen a watch I really like for the longer term, which because of the choices possibly is not an Omega.

Wish You luck with Your choices, don´t let Yourself be put off because it is a quartz, it´s just usd 125 plus shipping, can´t do much wrong there.

I´ve got this one, a fantasy Moonwatch, bad lume only on the hands, all subdials not according to gen, quartz and I love it anyway and its a reliable, heavy Omega

IMG_0858_zpsd95260c2.jpg

from Kuvarsit this below is a Hublot Quartz (no ticking second hand, chrono locked at 12) with a fantastic quality bracelet, no lume at all

(date is just changing days), good for sports and for dress - best bracelet ever with screws and its thin:)

IMG_0938_zps1429c6fc.jpg

Edited by Daywatch

Bonnovox

Ok, maybe i was a Making a bad choice.

Thank u for the help. I am Going to Take extra care And Will try to find a better option.