Sign in to follow this  

What does this Rolex sticker says?

Hi guys,

Who knows what this sticker exactly says?

7faede94ef6d9a7fe6b80f893946ea2d_zps57a56d86.jpg1dda3f1810db48b03cf6ec6c6fea3b4c_zps97da5a50.jpg

I know that 2836 is about the movement, but does it say what kind of movement it is. My Chineese does not go that far :-)

BentleySharp

Hmm...Looks like "Crown House 2836 Tree-next-to-hourglass-on-table Comma"

Hope this helps :D

Uhhhh, haha,

Thanks BentleySharp, but that is not what I hoped for mate........I thouhgt that maybe it's telling something about what movement is in the watch, Asian ETA, or maybe Swiss.

JimmyV

Looks to be what movement is in the watch. Since there are so many Rolex's and others that look the same just the movement is different. So I'm assuming those stickers tell them what movement to pull when someone buys a watch.

Edited by JimmyV

mstan

Roughly translated as 'standard 2836-2'.

Looks to be what movement is in the watch. Since there are so many Rolex's and others that look the same just the movement is different. So I'm assuming those stickers tell them what movement to pull when someone buys a watch.

Hi JimmyV,

That is exactly what I was thinking :-). But now we still do not know what it means, haha. There is only one way to find out.....and that's to open the case.

TT88

The Chinese words actually means passed, maybe indicating a 2836 that has passed some test or in working condition?

The Chinese words actually means passed, maybe indicating a 2836 that has passed some test or in working condition?

Thanks TT88,

I received a 116610LN and it had this particulair sticker on the seal. I bought it as original Swiss ETA 2638-2, but I don't know yet if the movement is original Swiss or clone. I thought maybe the sticker would give me this answer.

Wriggles

Pics of the movement would help.

There are a number of things to check, stamping, gears, shock, rotor etc

Also good to remember, genuine Swiss in reps nowadays are rare going on current info, it seems they are refurbed movements, or an amalgam of Swiss and Asian parts, not fully genuine ETA....

Search and you shall be enlightened, always remember the search box is your friend......

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=35756

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...pid=84998&st=0

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=26623

sccross

Funniest reply I've ever read. Great start to a Monday!

Frankt8242

My Chinese is rusty, but it seems to say:

"Looks just like a real 2836"

:giggle: :giggle:

pipaulsen

Come on, you all know it means "same, same but diffelent"

Pics of the movement would help.

There are a number of things to check, stamping, gears, shock, rotor etc

Also good to remember, genuine Swiss in reps nowadays are rare going on current info, it seems they are refurbed movements, or an amalgam of Swiss and Asian parts, not fully genuine ETA....

Search and you shall be enlightened, always remember the search box is your friend......

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=35756

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...pid=84998&st=0

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=26623

Imibxn,

I already did check de search box, but couldn't find anything about these kind of stickers. I did my homework :-).

Thanx anyway.

Wriggles

I received a 116610LN and it had this particulair sticker on the seal. I bought it as original Swiss ETA 2638-2, but I don't know yet if the movement is original Swiss or clone. I thought maybe the sticker would give me this answer.

I already did check de search box, but couldn't find anything about these kind of stickers. I did my homework :-).

Thanx anyway.

Based on your posts here that I quoted it appeared you wanted to know what the movement was, which is covered by the links I included.

The sticker could mean anything but ultimately your comment implies you wanted to know the movement type, which the sticker won't tell you, but reading the links I posted will

elp

:rofl:

I nominate BSharp as senior UN special strategic diplomatic cultural alignment translation executive (my efforts would have just resulted in a meaningless mumble)

cnwh

Yea it means "passed" or "qualified".

Seem like there is some sort of QC process happening here, or its just a sticker they label it for 'display'?

dingle

:lol:

Yea it means "passed" or "qualified".

Seem like there is some sort of QC process happening here, or its just a sticker they label it for 'display'?

Thanks for your reply :-)

fatarms

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!

Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!

jgoorn

+1

George.

It means 'get me out of this factory'

LightGeek
It means 'get me out of this factory'

Bingo!

madcatlancelot

I got the same stickers although mine doesn't seem to be a 1-to-1 copy from yours, the comma is lighter shade of blue! :lol:

DSC_2564_resize_zps48009329.jpg

I got the same stickers although mine doesn't seem to be a 1-to-1 copy from yours, the comma is lighter shade of blue! :lol:

DSC_2564_resize_zps48009329.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere maybe :-).

What I wanna know and my question is, why the dealers use these stickers. I can imagion that they put these on so they know what kind of movement is in the watch before shipping takes place. Can you tell me what movement is in your Sub, Swiss or clone? Which factory does yours come from?

I know the best way to find out is to open it. I also understand that every factory can put these kind of stickers on and at the end it will say nothing guys..........I'm pretty sure they put these stickers on for a reason and that is what I wanna find out.......

Thanks!