Sign in to follow this  
11fajado

Misaligned cyclops on TC Sub

11fajado

Hi guys,

Just received my SubC from TC today.

I feel like the cyclops is misaligned.

Is it just me or do you guys see the same thing?!

SuOcOyr.jpg?1

HG7kowL.jpg?1

Es55eqg.jpg?1

Edited by 11fajado

plankton

I think so.

jeffrsho

It appears crooked to me too in the first picture. But the second picture doesn't look off...

Edited by jeffrsho

James.

Looks to be sitting quite low over the dw, send these pics to Thomas, see what he thinks, his QA is rather flawless usually...

11fajado

Added one more. It's definitely noticeably crooked. Very disappointed : ( Does TC fix these things up?!

Edited by 11fajado

plankton

I'm sure he will. Very disappointing.

YaYoGakk

Ya, low and a little crooked. Email him. See what he says.

docedelschick

I think its the whole crystal... I think its aligned, but not pressed correctly. Maybe it can be popped and reset.

964boy

100% off on all pics.

Bummer, but Thomas will sort it. Just a pain in the arse and more time waiting.

11fajado

Damn... I don't have experience with tinkering watches so I shouldn't try and fix this myself right...?

docedelschick

I would NOT.

964boy

The crystal has to be rotated a degree or so anti-clockwise to align the cyclops with the date wheel.

11fajado

Hmmm, sounds simple enough, what tools do I need?

YaYoGakk

I dunno, not sure it would be something I would muck with. Especially if I wasn't sure what tools I needed to even do the job.

boneyjr

It is sitting low. I wouldn't screw with the crystal unless you know what you are doing.

Edited by boneyjr

jeffrsho

TC stands behind his product and I am sure that he will correct the issue. I personally wouldn't muck with it especially since you have zero experience. Plus this is an expensive rep to attempt a repair with no knowledge...

Kleen™

Way off....

11fajado

Well I've emailed him and await his reply! In the meantime, if there's anyone in Melbourne that is keen to fix this up, zip me a pm : P

SSTEEL

If you are in the EU, I can rectify this for you for the cost of return shipping. Its just a case of removing the bezel with a bezel removal tool, correcting crystal, and then pressing the bezel back down with a press. PM me if you want me to sort it for you.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

If you are in the EU, I can rectify this for you for the cost of return shipping. Its just a case of removing the bezel with a bezel removal tool, correcting crystal, and then pressing the bezel back down with a press. PM me if you want me to sort it for you.

What an amazingly kind gesture SS

YaYoGakk

Nice!

plankton

Agreed, TC might actually want to see this to rectify this problem from now on.

dingle

any update from TC?

sputim

Send it to SSTEEL or get a cheap crystal press form ebay and something to remove the case back. E.g. a cheap gummy ball..a lot of videos on youtube ;) Then take the stem out in TIME SETTING position and you have to be very very careful when pressing down the stem release button. Only press down a little little bit and with the other hand feel the stem releasing. Then unscrew the screws which hold the movement in place and subsequently take out the movement. Then you just have to press xtal out and aligned correctly back in again. Putting the watch back in reverse order. If you don't feel comfortable about it bring the watch to a rep friendly watch maker or to SSTEEL. In case you are from Switzerland I could do it for you aswell ;)

nunu78

SSTEEL is a top bloke.