Sign in to follow this  
bigbossa

Latest Sub from Noobfactory

prestigewatchco

Would he? I am not going to argue with anyone if you are happy you have Noob mariners then so be it. Although a quick look at them would at least sound an alarm bell to anyone that had dealt in the original Noob mariners

gB.
Not to put the cat amongst the pigeons but BK is selling Noobfactory subs with M***117 Serials. And lets face it, BK would know the difference.

@ska, you would think so, but maybe this is just a case of too many using the "Noobfactory" term loosely and not understanding what it really means, per Robert's definition. It has become synonymous with quality, and dealers/distributors may be using the term incorrectly without knowing it. ;-)

Ska

My point is that BK isn't a dealer in the same sense as most of the others. He doesn't just sell watches, he works on each one personally so he knows them inside and out.

I'm not contradicting Robert, I'm saying that before we start questioning the integrity of Mark's promotion and posting huge warnings in red it might be useful to get a Mod to talk to Mark and get to the bottom of it.

prestigewatchco

Yes it's more than possible they have bought these as Noob mariners from their distributers

What people seem to be forgetting is the Noob factory is not a real factory it was a name given by TTK to a Sub that was assembled in Bangkok from components sourced in China and was at the time the very best available

The people in Bangkok have since stopped this production so save for a few pieces in stock with dealers the noobfactory watches have gone forever

The basic components may well be still available in the market but the complete watch is 100% not

In fact today it may well not have been the best as the factory that make the milguass are currently the best source of Rolex copies

The same thing has happened with MBW they used to produce a vintage sub that took gen parts the current ones don't apparently

gB.
My point is that BK isn't a dealer in the same sense as most of the others. He doesn't just sell watches, he works on each one personally so he knows them inside and out.

I'm not contradicting Robert, I'm saying that before we start questioning the integrity of Mark's promotion and posting huge warnings in red it might be useful to get a Mod to talk to Mark and get to the bottom of it.

+1 to you ska! I see your point and took the bolded red text off just for you! :thumbsup::huh:

Member X

Thanks for all your input on this, Robert - it's great to have someone 'on the ground' who can tell it as it is :thumbsup:

greg_r
Thanks for all your input on this, Robert - it's great to have someone 'on the ground' who can tell it as it is :huh:

+1 Thanks Robert!

It is true that the Milgauss factory are currently the best source of Rollies. The so-called 'noobfactory' may no longer be in business, but that does not preclude a very similar quality product now being manufactured elsewhere. Ultimately, there's a good argument to say that the only true 'noobmariners' came from TTK anyhow.

What we should also bear in mind is that there are frequent minor changes between batches on replica watches - particularly at the cheaper end of the market. This has always been the case and isn't likely to change now.

Honestly, these budget Rollies that Mark is currently selling are excellent value for money - whatever you want to call them. :thumbsup:

Tressles61
Neither look right to me and they are 100% not from noob factory . The rehault is all wrong and dial is not crisp enough to be noob factory or milguass factory item.

They look like the standard low end sub with possibly a better laid out dial

Robert - Can you post a pic of what we should be looking for in a good sub? Pleeeeze?

Omeg@007
Neither look right to me and they are 100% not from noob factory . The rehault is all wrong and dial is not crisp enough to be noob factory or milguass factory item.

They look like the standard low end sub with possibly a better laid out dial

Robert - Can you post a pic of what we should be looking for in a good sub? Pleeeeze?

+1

Ska

Great idea! And thanks for your understanding envisagevi. I really admire you for taking the time to write a post just to protect other members.

I totally agree with member x and Greg, were very lucky to be in a position where we are so involved with the products we love so much. And doubly so that the dealers themselves take the time to discuss these things with us so transparently.

As usual RWG rules.

gB.

++1 ska.... I had already ordered the Timeshops noob sub special myself and felt a little cheated at first given that it wasn't a "noobfactory" as I expected based on Robert's definition. But I'm a big boy and can handle the disappointment, and I'm sure they will be great watches like most of the products Mark provides!

An you're right, RWG rocks the casba!

Great idea! And thanks for your understanding envisagevi. I really admire you for taking the time to write a post just to protect other members.

I totally agree with member x and Greg, were very lucky to be in a position where we are so involved with the products we love so much. And doubly so that the dealers themselves take the time to discuss these things with us so transparently.

As usual RWG rules.

KBH

I'd like to hear Reg's (Narikaa's) take on this, since he's still selling the alleged Noobmariners.

AllergyDoc

I'd like to get Mark's take on this and get this cleared up.

Ska

+1 allergydoc and kbh.

Del

Yeah, I'd be interested in Reg's comments too, since I just bought this "noobmariner" LV from him two weeks ago (which I love btw :D).

P7202716v3.jpg

Baldrick

TTK was the original and ONLY supplier of these watches, until he and Narikaa struck a deal on them, they were finally assembled in BKK, but not in the way that everyone thinks or states they were, long before the standard 'Noobmariner' 16610 came into being, TTK and Maria got together and agreed to market the LV which had only recently been launched by Rolex, TTK and Maria sourced ALL the parts for these LV's separately, fat hands, green bezel and large indice dials, new bracelet, etc etc, TTK and Maria initially assembled these themselves (later on they had them assembled by a local watchsmith in Pattaya, not Bangkok, that came along later) with TTK offering them on TRC way back in late 2004 and Maria offering them on the German forum, the parts came from different Chinese factories and were offered in standard Asian 21j movement or 'genuine' ETA 2824-2 25j movement.

With the success of the LV, the standard 16610 was then offered up, but without ETA movement and was highly successful, the Yachtmaster was from the same source as were all the vintage items, DRSD, Comex, SRSD, TTK never coined the term 'Noobmariner', it was Pugwash who gave them this epithet, when TTK and Narikaa struck the deal, Narikaa called them 'Nymphomariners' to reflect the fact that his 'came' quicker by virtue of being hand carried to the UK,, the term Noobmariner has been bandied about by all and sundry, jumping on the coat-tails of TTK's original product, then it got even more confusing when certain dealers decided to coin the phrase 'Noobfactory'.

Original Noobmariners are still available from the original BKK supplier and Narikaa can still source them, however there are limited stocks, not because they are no longer making them, simply because of the world recession, lack of tourists and recent troubles and a crackdowns on fakes in BKK, suppliers are just not carrying the same amount of stock, that applies to all reps, not just noob items.

Yachtmasters / GMT's / DRSD and other vintages are not available at present.

The nub of it is.

TTK was the original and ONLY supplier of these and all others have simply jumped on the comet's tail, when I last spoke with TTK, he told me that since late 2004 to early 2009 he had sold over a 1000+ Noobmariners and LV's ( not including Yachties / GMT's etc ), so there are plenty out there.

I'd take with a large pinch of salt ANY OTHER DEALER who claims they have acess to original Noobmariners, with the exception of Narikaa and a big pinch of pepper with regard to any Noobfactory claims, these are just ‘coined’ terms to cash in on the success of the original 16610, which Pugwash labelled Noobmariner.

I’m also certain Narikaa can confirm the above.

If you don't think it's marketing hype from othere dealers, ask Admin to instruct them to abandon the terms and watch the kickback.

Personally I'd like to see these terms being banned and leave it simply as the watch being judged on it's own merit, determined by the dealer's photos / description and feedback from buyers, without these prejudicial epithets being applied after all as Robert / Greg et al have stated, because it's $40.00 doesn't mean it's not good, but when you see the word 'disappointed' being used, it's time to put things in perspective.

greg_r
Personally I'd like to see these terms being banned and leave it simply as the watch being judged on it's own merit, determined by the dealer's photos / description and feedback from buyers, without these prejudicial epithets being applied after all as Robert / Greg et al have stated, because it's $40.00 doesn't mean it's not good, but when you see the word 'disappointed' being used, it's time to put things in perspective.

Excellent post. Thanks for the clarification, Baldrick.

Personally I would place "Noobfactory" in the same category as "copy Lemania" "1:1" and "made with genuine as sample." ;)

It's marketing-speak, folks and should be taken with a pinch of salt. :lol:

P_Diddy

got a pic of your clasp on the LV? ;)

Yeah, I'd be interested in Reg's comments too, since I just bought this "noobmariner" LV from him two weeks ago (which I love btw :rofl:).

P7202716v3.jpg

Dr Yan

ive ordered one of these subs from TS and , frankly if its not 100% perfect, in fact better than gen, im goin to sue !

narikaa

What Baldrick said

Only one source of supply for true Noobmariners (& its in Bangkok not G'zhou)

Since the early days of the true Noobmariners the term has been applied to just about anything with a black face and a coronet (Though I believe Idi Amin has escaped the epithet so far) in the usual 'tell em anything' Chinese sales patter.

Dr Yan

Since the early days of the true Noobmariners the term has been applied to just about anything with a black face and a coronet (Though I believe Idi Amin has escaped the epithet so far)

;)

KBH

So,what I've read so far is the Noob factory has been shut down for 6 months and there are none available. And Reg is still selling them.

Can someone please explain the contradiction here?

Dr Yan

Reg is the God of watches ,thats how.

Tressles61
Reg is the God of watches ,thats how.

Bullshit - I am the god of watches. It says so right on my watchbox etched solidly on a brass plate.

Baldrick
So,what I've read so far is the Noob factory has been shut down for 6 months and there are none available. And Reg is still selling them.

Can someone please explain the contradiction here?

No, you've been led by the nose to believe that these items come from Noobfactory Enterprises PTY Guangzhou, District 9. Lower Manhattan, near the Bowery, which is all a .........................

crock_of_shit-1.gif

..have you not been following this?