Sign in to follow this  
bigbossa

Latest Sub from Noobfactory

Baldrick

For your edification, here is a raft of his early 074 Rolex 16610 Submariner photos, unfortunately his first photos are no longer available ( due to his Dotphoto account lapsing, prolly due to inactivity), these are from his Photobucket account and are EXACTLY what Narikaa can and does supply!

The distinguishing feature of the 'NOOBMARINER' was the lack of a 'wokky' rehaut compared to all other versions at the time, with the exception of MBW ( Maria) watches.

Does anyone remeber the beautiful Dotphoto slide shows that he used to post with great images and accompanying music, wish we could get those back :D

074NOOBMARINER1.jpg

074NOOBMARINER2.jpg

074NOOBMARINER3.jpg

074NOOBMARINER4.jpg

074NOOBMARINER5.jpg

074NOOBMARINER6.jpg

074NOOBMARINER7.jpg

074NOOBMARINER8.jpg

074NOOBMARINER9.jpg

074NOOBMARINER10.jpg

074NOOBMARINER11.jpg

074NOOBMARINER12.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM1.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM2.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM3.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM4.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6A.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6B.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6C.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6D.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6E.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6F.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6g.jpg

07416610A.jpg

074751.jpg

074752.jpg

075LV1.jpg

P_Diddy

very nice pics Balders :D

I'm no expert, does Mark's Subs rehaut look 'bit' woky?

thought woky rehauts were long from trusty dealers' wares even if budget bargains!

KBH

I'm sitting here looking at a Noob LV from about a year ago and one of Mark's and the rehaut is identical other than the engraving. Here's a couple of old pictures of the noob LV just so there isn't any question. The insert is from a WM9 LV so don't compare that to a noob insert and the crown is a replacement from BK.

DSCN4252.jpg

DSCN4254.jpg

Baldrick

The rehaut may very well be identical, if it doesn't have the serial number it isn't a 'NOOBMARINER', not that it matters one jot, they're just cheap Chinese fakes!

KBH

Makes no difference to me. I was just allaying P Diddy's apparent worries about it.

Baldrick

Try using the word 'rehaut' around anyone who isn't a WIS and see the reaction!

Brightlight

So, to sum up -

1. Noobmariner was a term devised by TTK

2. There is no 'Noobfactory'

3. Nobody, apart from Robert @ PWC, seems to have sufficient knowledge to be able to tell the difference.

This is a non issue.

prestigewatchco
'

3. Nobody, apart from Robert @ PWC, seems to have sufficient knowledge to be able to tell the difference.

This is a non issue.

Well BL using the same logic as this how many people have the knowledge to tell a clone ETA from a gen.

So now are you saying that selling a clone as Gen is a non issue because people don't have enough knowledge to tell the difference?

The whole idea of having trusted dealers is to avoid such ambiguity

Brightlight
'

This is a non issue.

Well BL using the same logic as this how many people have the knowledge to tell a clone ETA from a gen.

So now are you saying that selling a clone as Gen is a non issue because people don't have enough knowledge to tell the difference?

The whole idea of having trusted dealers is to avoid such ambiguity

No, I'm saying that most of the members going anal over is it a Noob, isn't it a Noob, clearly don't know the difference so why is it an issue what name it has. I understand that you do have the knowledge to tell the difference from long years in the business and I respect that. I'm not commenting on the dealer selling a non Noob as a Noob, such exaggerations and untruths seem common in the rep business just as I take the likelihood of a rep supposedly containing a gen ETA actually containing a clone or a used/rebuilt movement as very high.

I feel it is a non issue as the quality/price seem good and whether it is called, and is or is not a Noob is really of no consequence, it is simply hyperbole. In that respect it is unlike the clone/gen ETA thing as that reflects paying more for a cheaper item. 'Noob' and 'Noob factory' have gained almost mythical powers amongst people who really don't know the difference.

No personal slight intended as it doesn't apply to you, but in general trusted dealer is a contradiction in terms similar to 'honest car salesman'. :lol:

prestigewatchco

Yes I completely agree they are buying a $40 watch for goodness sake. This is the down side of forums newer members buy into the hype spouted by more experienced members.

I get 20 people a week asking for specific watches with high spec then asking what the terms mean .

They in general they can't tell the difference between shit and dirty pudding

This watch was well worth the money without all the hype but it seems Chinese dealers always need to "Gild the lily" with Statements like"ultimate/made from gen sample " etc when there is no need.

This only helps buyers to be disappointed when the truth is revealed

Brightlight
Yes I completely agree they are buying a $40 watch for goodness sake. This is the down side of forums newer members buy into the hype spouted by more experienced members.

I get 20 people a week asking for specific watches with high spec then asking what the terms mean .

They in general they can't tell the difference between shit and dirty pudding

This watch was well worth the money without all the hype but it seems Chinese dealers always need to "Gild the lily" with Statements like"ultimate/made from gen sample " etc when there is no need.

This only helps buyers to be disappointed when the truth is revealed

Funny, that's exactly what I was getting at in a thread on RG about mods and the cost reflected in the member to member sale price, but I didn't put it quite as well as 'newer members buy into the hype spouted by more experienced members'. I'll have to remember that :lol: I don't think the dealer hype is limited to Chinese dealers though, it is the function of salesmen everywhere to 'gild the lily'

P_Diddy

you mean a blank WTF look? :lol:

Baldrick

Exactamundo, mon ami, exactamundo then try explaining that the rehaut is wokky and the engraving is out of sync and hear the devastating roar of silence, as they think long and hard about calling the men in white coats and having you committed B)

narikaa

So there you have it folks

If you want a NOOBMARINER as originally lauded and raved about on the forums and as per TTKs magnificent photos you now know where you can and consequently where you CANNOT buy them

If you merely want a cheapo sub and could care less that it is misleadingly described then concern yourself not a jot. Just when you are tempted to start 'curiosity' threads re Why is this 'Noobmariner' not as per that 'Noobfactory' offering etc etc you might recall the insights given in this thread and realise the overall nonsense of swallowing the BS.

prestigewatchco

Exactamundo, mon ami, exactamundo then try explaining that the rehaut is wokky and the engraving is out of sync and hear the devastating roar of silence, as they think long and hard about calling the men in white coats and having you committed B)

And what if you try to impress them with your Vac's lume and shaved GC not to mention the gen springbars and gen rubber seals. only problem you will have is trying to explain why you spent $400 extra when the watch only cost $40 to begin with!

if they have not certified you by then the crowning glory will be inviting them to count the ticks per minute all the time explaining that this a high beat see 8 ticks a minute!!

narikaa

Easy on the sanity juice there nurse

More than a teaspoonful after meals

Brings em out in a rash

72b31f116c5936fc.jpg

:lol:

(8 ticks a second schuuurly)

Dr Yan

+1 Narikaa and rob

KBH
So,what I've read so far is the Noob factory has been shut down for 6 months and there are none available. And Reg is still selling them.

Can someone please explain the contradiction here?

So, after another page of posts saying that obviously Noobmariners are a marketing ploy and there is no Noobfactory and if there was, it's long gone. No more available, etc.....

I quote from the current sales thread of Narikaa:

When the phrase was 'coined' it was referring to these & only these. Specifically these being sold then by TTK (& my good self). The continuity of same supply source, manufacture & specification ensure that these are rightfully the only True Noobmariners

Historical note:

At the inception of the phrase 'Noobmariner' TTK asked me not to use it as he wanted exclusivity of its use, I obliged and called those supplied via myself at that time 'Nymphomariners' - same as the Noobmariner, but they come quicker wink.gif

The specs remain unchanged (save for the now engraved rehaut)

So Reg, are Noobmariners dead and gone or will you be continuing to sell them? That's the question I'm asking. Simple and direct.

And personally, I could care less what they are called. I'm asking this question for the good of the newer members.

narikaa

I will try and do this in crayon in large letters as the foregoing posts have obviously evaded your comprehension

The original Noobmariners (Underlined so there is no confusion with any other usage of the term) where and still are supplied- exclusively - in Bangkok. And YES I still have access to them.

Any other Reference to Noobmariners (note not underlined) Noobfactories etc is nothing short of (to use the appropriate UK colloquialism) a load of old bollocks used as a selling ploy (polite way of saying LIE) to convince the unknowing into believing theyre getting the original Noobmariner

Does that make it any plainer?

KBH

You don't have to be snotty about it. I asked a simple question.

So apparently you're the only one that this factory sells to, since the other BKK dealer says they are no longer available?

And please hold of on the snide remarks.

Baldrick

TTK once impressed upon me that it was a futile exercise to spend lots of money on fake watches, his reasoning was as follows!

Imagine you're at a dinner party / summer buffet at a friend's house, whatever. and you meet this guy at the buffet table, you engage in a little chit-chat and he notices what you're wearing, a 16610 Sub, he remarks on it and exclaims, 'gee, I wish my buddy Tom were here, he loves the Rolex Sub, wants one like crazy, just can't stretch to it'.

So, being the forthright upstanding pillar of society and all round believer in the G.Washington principle, you 'fess up and tell him it's a 'copy', he asks if he can see it and expresses astonishment, asks how much and you tell him $125.00, whereon he's even more taken aback.

So you finish your chat and leave it at that.

5x month later, you meet him again and this time his buddy Tom is with him, he introduces you and tells Tom you're 'the guy'.

Tom asks if he can see your 'copy Sub', you hand it to him and he swoons and gushes over it and says ' WoW, this was ONLY $125 buxx',

Whereon you proceed to tell him that you had some 'mods' done to it, new bezel pearl, insert, shaved CG's, datewheel overlay, lume job and on and on, and explain that the 'mods' cost a further $350 buxx, then, as you gaze fondly on your 'copy Sub' you slowly lift your eyes up and see Tom and buddy standing 30 feet away, all the while exclaiming ' keep the madman away from us' !

You cannot make a silk purse from a sow's ear, 99% of the people who do NOT frequent these forums can tell a sow's ear from a cow's ear, but they can't and never will know the difference between a $125.00 Sub and one that has had $250 wasted upon it.

However the anally retentive members that infest these boards and scrutinise every 50x times enlarged photos and subsequently seek to impress others with their accumulated WIS knowledge, will persuade you subliminally that it's what you have to do in order to have 'credence'

Stuff and nonsense, the small number of flaws that we experience on these watches would only be noticed by those WIS and a passing kestrel who would show no interest at all unless it squeaked,

So all you squeaky arsed WIS, be careful of passing kestrels.

narikaa
You don't have to be snotty about it. I asked a simple question.

So apparently you're the only one that this factory sells to, since the other BKK dealer says they are no longer available?

And please hold of on the snide remarks.

I apologise ( I concede that northern UK humour doesn't travel well - especially to the colonies :lol: )

Whether Im the only one - who would know. All I can categorical confirm is that I still go and get these from the self same guy in Bangkok as I did all those years ago in the days when THESE watches where christened Noobmariners. Same watch, same supply.

JoeyB
And YES I still have access to them.

Any other Reference to Noobmariners (note not underlined) Noobfactories etc is nothing short of (to use the appropriate UK colloquialism) a load of old bollocks used as a selling ploy (polite way of saying LIE) to convince the unknowing into believing theyre getting the original Noobmariner

Why be polite? We have one "trusted dealer" that is, at minimum, mistakingly or confusingly describing his product being sold here. That should be corrected through Admin. It doesn't matter what it costs, that's not the point.

We also have people saying that the genuine-imitation rep Noobmariners (underlined) are no longer available and the "factory" making them is shut down for more than 6 months. That too should be sorted and corrected through Admin.

I trust, and would readily recommend Narikaa's Reg, and Prestigewatch's Robert. And based on my trust of our Admin here I would trust and recommend the other dealers on our 'Trusted Dealers' list. When there are conflicting claims between 'Trsuted Dealers' I think it is Admin's position to make it all clear.

To me, the point is 'Trusted Dealers'.

Baldrick

+1

narikaa

Hey

Does anyone know how to stop kestrels attacking a V4 Breitling super avenger ?

I need to go back outside

:lol: