Sign in to follow this  
benjaminlea

Almost scammed by iparadisiac / watchesbyjames.. Advice?

benjaminlea

Hey everyone,

New member, first post and looks like this site saved my behind just in time.

I was on iparadisiac for a few weeks but something just made me hold off and not pull the trigger on a Yacht Master 2 and and 007 Seamaster which I'm really wanting to own. A quick last min search while I was about to western union transfer the few hundred bucks and here I am showing some appreciation to the good folks who save peoples asses probably daily.

I have read some stickies, I'm checking some TD's out but just wanted to know if there was any one I should go with to purchase the watches I am after? Does one dealer do a better watch than the other etc?

Would be appreciative of any feedback, pm's and or direction.

Thanks heaps in advance and and thanks to all the good folks who name and shame scammers.

Cheers!

flyr

Welcome to the forum! Most Trusted Dealers get their watches from the same suppliers. The best bet is to read the feed back they get posted in their sections and pick the dealer you like most. Good hunting!

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG. Stay with the Trusted Dealers on this forum and you won't get scammed. Happy watch hunting.

benjaminlea

Thanks so much! Think I am going to make a purchase with Perfect Clones. Honestly, this site is a life saver!

Mystery Shopper

Hello & Welcome.

Great advice already. Read the feedback sections of the TDs and work out what suits you. It also depends on where you live- not all the TDs are in China.

Monty010

Hello and welcome. You did a good thing coming here :) it stopped you getting scammed. And probably saved you a ton on money and grief. Maybe put some of that saved money to use and one of these days become a VIP member. Cheap as chips and keeps this place floating above the rest :)

SSTEEL

Welcome home :) Close call my friend.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Welcome........

It´s always advisable to read up first.........

Some reps of certain models are better than others.......

if you know what you want and don´t mind.......all the TD´s here are TD´s for good reason... so you will be safe....

Go read the feedback section on the TD´s if you want to pull the trigger now.....

You had a lucky escape...... SO

Research well..... you will buy well

Buy well..... and you will buy more......

Wriggles

Thanks so much! Think I am going to make a purchase with Perfect Clones. Honestly, this site is a life saver!

It's not, it will ruin your life, and you'll be happy ruining it :giggle:

Welcome!

FuzzyCoyote

You ended up here for the same reason I did, nearly got sucked in by that scam artist and watchesbyjames so glad I ended up in RWG.

Research research reaearch. It's hard but it's worth it to learn, I'm only scratching the surface but it's great

myaz

Welcome.

Don't pull the trigger just yet. They'll be here tomorrow and the next day. Read up more to appreciate the differences in movements and versions or your first few reps will end up in M2M to finance the one(s) you really want.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

headhunt3r

Maybe you should use some of the money you saved on a VIP membership here. ;)

I'm glad you were saved just in time.

Soldie

For some reason I didn't buy from AAAAA SWISS REPLICAS a year ago and stumbled on the forum...... Brilliant find. You are choosing a respected TD. Stay around!

RussP

Run away before you get the watch-bug !!

This site is a wallet-buster.

But I can't think of a better way to go broke than buying watches.

Member to Member sales are the most convenient method of purchase for a couple of reasons:

1. You're buying from somebody who's a member here (but check their feedback, just in case)

2. It's usually at a cheaper price than a Trusted Dealer

But the most important reason, is the lack of delay from purchase time to delivery:

With dealer purchases, there's usually a delay which can range from a couple of weeks, upto a few months (read up about complaints with delivery times).

This is often the most frequent complaint by newbies and veteran members alike.

Anyway, all that aside, welcome to RWG.

Regards,

Russ.

Daywatch

Hi and welcome. Simplest way is to check randomly on 3 trusted dealer sites, choose a mid-range watch of Your liking and just get it after reading about shipping and payment procedures (most important). As You wait for that watch to arrive You have plenty of time to do further reading for Your following order (the day You unpack the first one). Avoid the cheapest as first order as the probability for flaws and problems is high. You can try these as well as the very expensive ones later after gaining more experience of what to look out for. Best luck and wish You lots of fun around here.

Mazz

Chose your dealer then chose your watch.

trailboss99

Welcome.

Don't pull the trigger just yet. They'll be here tomorrow and the next day. Read up more to appreciate the differences in movements and versions or your first few reps will end up in M2M to finance the one(s) you really want.

^^^^ Wise words these. ^^^^

cb_5150

Check out some of the watches available in the M2M section as well......invaluable information, amazing prices and you're helping out your fellow members!

cannon_fodder1010
Check out some of the watches available in the M2M section as well......invaluable information, amazing prices and you're helping out your fellow members!

You won't be able to view the M2M section until you reach a minimum level of posts. So don't worry if you can't find it yet.

Welcome!

Speedracer61

Funny to read this as it is almost my story! Was looking hard at iparaisiac when I found this site!

Stea1th

Wish I had read this before I ordered a watch, but we shall see how it turns out. Here's my story and I'll update as it develops.

I was on a business trip and bored out of my mind and decided to google tag replicas as I love the watches but spending 4k is insane. Google's first hit was a site called

mowatches and didn't really seem to have any reviews, aside from one from watchesbyjames. He didn't seem to say it was an amazing site and actually gave it an average score. There were some user comments on there but nothing seemed sketchy so I ordered one. I figured worst case scenario i'll call my credit card company up and dispute it as they did accept visa and felt much better then sending it over western union which pretty much is a much bigger gamble. The only thing that was a concern was the fact they say orders won't be shipped out till feb 8th and I'm not sure if this is true or not because of chinse new year, so factories are closed till then? So we shall see. Items should be here the following week.

When I talked to customer service they were very apologetic and seemed more then happy to throw in a free monblac pen for the troubles and advised me that as soon as it shipped i would receive an email. As far as quality of the watch I'll have to wait and see for that but i'll update you guys with more info once I find out.

greg_r

Wish I had read this before I ordered a watch, but we shall see how it turns out. Here's my story and I'll update as it develops.

I was on a business trip and bored out of my mind and decided to google tag replicas as I love the watches but spending 4k is insane. Google's first hit was a site called

mowatches and didn't really seem to have any reviews, aside from one from watchesbyjames. He didn't seem to say it was an amazing site and actually gave it an average score. There were some user comments on there but nothing seemed sketchy so I ordered one. I figured worst case scenario i'll call my credit card company up and dispute it as they did accept visa and felt much better then sending it over western union which pretty much is a much bigger gamble. The only thing that was a concern was the fact they say orders won't be shipped out till feb 8th and I'm not sure if this is true or not because of chinse new year, so factories are closed till then? So we shall see. Items should be here the following week.

When I talked to customer service they were very apologetic and seemed more then happy to throw in a free monblac pen for the troubles and advised me that as soon as it shipped i would receive an email. As far as quality of the watch I'll have to wait and see for that but i'll update you guys with more info once I find out.

Welcome to RWG.

Sounds hopeful - I haven't heard of those guys before, but their site looks sensible, their descriptions seem fairly accurate and their pricing looked about right on the handful of models I checked.

Yes, CNY is preventing anything moving at the moment as not only the factories but the shippers shut down. It'll be around Feb 10th before anything starts moving, so they've given you legit info

Good luck - let us know when and if you get your watch. Fingers crossed!

Stea1th

Yea, we shall see lol..

my next tag will be via someone here thats trusted like roch. I kinda jumped the gun, even though I read through this site months ago, I completely forgot about it till after I placed the order lol.

Steve AKA Creamedcage

Before I found this great forum I had already bought 6 watches from Megawatch which is the same company as Iparaisiac. The only problem I had with them was a broken bracelet which they promptly replaced and gave me 10% discount on my next purchase. If the company website you have used is exactly the same as Megawatch you can safely assume they are the same company. If the company you have used are connected to Megawatch I am sure you will be OK.

Good luck.