Sign in to follow this  
benjaminlea

Almost scammed by iparadisiac / watchesbyjames.. Advice?

Aren

Hey everyone,

New member, first post and looks like this site saved my behind just in time.

I was on iparadisiac for a few weeks but something just made me hold off and not pull the trigger on a Yacht Master 2 and and 007 Seamaster which I'm really wanting to own. A quick last min search while I was about to western union transfer the few hundred bucks and here I am showing some appreciation to the good folks who save peoples asses probably daily.

I have read some stickies, I'm checking some TD's out but just wanted to know if there was any one I should go with to purchase the watches I am after? Does one dealer do a better watch than the other etc?

Would be appreciative of any feedback, pm's and or direction.

Thanks heaps in advance and and thanks to all the good folks who name and shame scammers.

Cheers!

This is how I got to RWG in 2010. I was almost scammed by Prefectwatches aka Watcheswell. They have sites which show you gens and have bulletin boards for feedback which are run and controlled by them. I think that is common with the scam sites. Something made me stop and do more research. I wanted a site where there were people discussing watches, providing some info and options and more than just one seller. That is also the sign of a scam site to me. Those creeps at PW and WW are still writing to me NOW. I did everything but pay them. Their email goes directly to spam, but it is still coming.

RWG saved me from the loss of my money and lots of head ache and heart ache. I paid the membership solely for that reason and never planned to stay around. I support those who support me and the membership fee was a small price to pay. Well, here I am, years later and feel very happy to be here and privileged to be among so many fine and knowledgeable watch addicts. Such great folks here. I believe the place remains great because the character of it trickles down from the love of horology and philosophy of Adm/Mods, to and through TDs, VIPs and non-supporting members and even to hit and run rep buyers. :)

The other thing which is conspicuous by it's absence here at RWG is...There is NO advertising here...no pop-ups, no banners...it may go unnoticed, but to me this is really important. I like the independence and the freedom to browse topics without being bombarded and harassed by advertising. It is sooooo much nicer for that reason alone. RWI, our sister forum is run the same way and there are other great people there too. Here there is just less moderation which can have more or less appeal depending on your preferences. Both forums are entirely member supported !

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here. :D

:wub: RWG

Aren

Stea1th

thanks, I'll keep you guys updated.

DR3M3L

Hello and welcome!

Stea1th

Looks like i was scammed.

I contacted them after the chinese new year finished and they told me the watch i want only came in quartz. I explained thats not what I wanted and why i wasn't told about that 4 weeks ago when i ordered it. They told me i could pick another one out and they would send me that one. I picked another one and they told me the factory would have it out in a few days after testing. I emailed them again and they told me the testing went bad and the quality was not good and it would be another few days.

I filed a claim with my credit card and I should get it refunded. So the search continues.

Edited by Stea1th

Chiruku

Welcome mate - sorry to hear - Happy hunting in the safety of the TDs

Edited by Chiruku

DR3M3L

Can't we get that website down? Fucking scammers.

Steve AKA Creamedcage

Before I came here I had bought a few watches from Mega Watch (It;s the same company) and I had no trouble what so ever. Communication service were both good. They would always put in extra links in the package which was a safety net for me because I have large wrists. I have yet to find a TD that does that.

Stea - they do have a live internet help line or just ring them up .Like all rep companies you have to be patient.

For the future I won't be using them because of the advice on here, but I'm sure they are one of the better non TDs out there.

DR3M3L
Before I came here I had bought a few watches from Mega Watch (It;s the same company) and I had no trouble what so ever. Communication service were both good. They would always put in extra links in the package which was a safety net for me because I have large wrists. I have yet to find a TD that does that.

Stea - they do have a live internet help line or just ring them up .Like all rep companies you have to be patient.

For the future I won't be using them because of the advice on here, but I'm sure they are one of the better non TDs out there.

They sell 30$ watches for 100-300$.

Yeah they are one of the better non TDs out there, sure ;)

Calcidose

You learn a good lesson !

Stea1th

I just ordered one via torrobravo. Got a tag haurer calibre 36.

Calcidose

Toro is much better than those scammers !

Steve AKA Creamedcage

They sell 30$ watches for 100-300$.

Yeah they are one of the better non TDs out there, sure ;)

Being a novice I have to take your word on that. I have no idea how you can tell the difference. That's why I am here :group:

Stea1th

So my credit card company ended up giving me back my money. I get a email from mowatches after it happen with the following.

I am really sorry to hear that you have contact your bank, but we have got the watch ,and test it good quality , since you have disputed, the money will get back to you in days, we refund you the money from our side, do you still want the watch ? if you want, we can offer 10% discount, then you repay it , is that ok ? you can just pay 163*0.9+35=181usd. and if you want to pay thru western union, we can offer 12% discount for you, what do you think ?

we have taken the pictures from the actual watch that is ready to ship , please check attached picture, do you want to re-order ?

Regards

Sally

IdDE2OA.jpg

Which is I didn't really believe, I would think if the watch was tested the correct date would of at least be used..so i feel that they are still trying to scam me. The fact they want me to try and use western union is laughable.

Steve AKA Creamedcage

I thought you said this was Iparadisiac? You have stated mowatches.

Stea1th

watchesbyjames recommended the site.

greg_r

mowatches is owned by the same group, I believe.

DR3M3L

mowatches is owned by the same group, I believe.

Indeed and as many other websites from the same group recommended by Watchesbyjames.

I would love to take the damn site offlinw, many people got scammed by those f*ckers

Steve AKA Creamedcage

That took me by surprise. All related companies to Iparadisiac have identical websites and all offer 20% discount if you use WU.

I have just read the blog, he doesn't fully recommend them and he has never used them himself.

But of course it doesn't matter, just use the TDs and we can't go wrong.

Stea1th

interesting enough I already received my credit by my card yet, they emailed me today saying they will refund my money and it will take a few days before it shows up.

Not sure why, maybe my card company refunds even before they get it themselves?

NMA

Thanks so much! Think I am going to make a purchase with Perfect Clones. Honestly, this site is a life saver!

Great choice mate A+++++

Edited by NMA