Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Ruby is washed up as a dealer

JohnG

I ordered a ladies DateJust, full gold, with Jubilee bracelet, from Ruby around October 23. I told her it was for a birthday gift for November 20th. She said, "no problem." By late mid November I was emailing for updates and nothing. I finally contacted the mods at RG in late November. She replied immediately with pics of the watch. But with a Presidential bracelet instead of Jubilee.

On Dec. 1 she wrote:

hi my friend

i am sorry for the late reply. i got hyperthyrea, i went to hospital.i still have to go again tomorrow. i will get you a etra jubilee band on my cost. i will send the watch off first. please give me your address again.

i am sorry again

thanks

ruby

The watch arrived late December. I am still waiting for the jubilee bracelet.

I mean, fucking come on. I know I will get the bracelet, but when I do, I am fucking done with her.

oscarmadfish

i can see why you are finished dealing with her that just was not good enough

omni

Historically, long before you showed up, Ruby was washed up in most people's eyes, always had an excuse. I'm surprised you tried her, her reputation preceded her in the forums as far back as 4 years ago.

iabounty

I was considering contacting her on the full yellow gold Rolex DD or DJ because I want it with a 21j......Not now....... Thanks for sharing your experience on your latest unresolved purchase from her and if the g/f is still upset send her my way, I here she has a great "cow count"............

alphakazi

I'm glad she delivered my watch back at least! Although she is no scammer, I won't deal with her again either

trailboss99
Historically, long before you showed up, Ruby was washed up in most people's eyes, always had an excuse. I'm surprised you tried her, her reputation preceded her in the forums as far back as 4 years ago.

Omni my friend we are talking about a man who still buys from TTK. Purely for the challenge! :wub:

Shame realy, she was such a good dealer when I arrived on the scene. Not any more. Thanks for the report John. We all need to know this stuff.

Is she still a protected species at greeks?

Col.

JohnG

Omni my friend we are talking about a man who still buys from TTK. Purely for the challenge! :lol:

Shame realy, she was such a good dealer when I arrived on the scene. Not any more. Thanks for the report John. We all need to know this stuff.

Is she still a protected species at greeks?

Col.

Yeah, when I researched her back in April/May of 08 she was considered "slow" - but at that time people were talking about 2-3 weeks as being slow. My first purchase with her took 22 days and that was considered excessive, even for her. So this time, I ordered a month in advance...

It is too bad - she has nice prices, nice to see pics of the watch before hand, she had great customs seizure policy and the longest stated warranty of anyone on the forums...

But she just isn't interested anymore.

omni
[Omni my friend we are talking about a man who still buys from TTK. Purely for the challenge! :lol:

Col.

Funny you should mention that, as a past multi-purchase customer in Neil's (TTK) database, I just received a spam email from him for the Rolex 116660 SEA-DWELLER DEEPSEA he has offered on Repgeeks.................. :lol:

swissaddict

I had several good dealings with Ruby between January and July of '08, but with so many complaints lately about slow or inattentive service it sure looks like she has slipped. Too bad, because she was great when I dealt with her, and I frequently recommended her based on that. I wouldn't lump her in with silix and pam111 just yet, but I can't recommend her anymore either. Thanks for sharing your experience.

greg_r
[Omni my friend we are talking about a man who still buys from TTK. Purely for the challenge! :lol:

Col.

Funny you should mention that, as a past multi-purchase customer in Neil's (TTK) database, I just received a spam email from him for the Rolex 116660 SEA-DWELLER DEEPSEA he has offered on Repgeeks.................. :lol:

Wouldn't call it spam, but I had the same mail. Lume looks good - it's a lot of watch for the dough. I'd be tempted if I wasn't sworn off watch buying for a month or so...

JohnG

Still waiting on the Jubilee bracelet for the DJ - remember that I order this fucking watch in OCTOBER. I emailed a WTF? yesterday and got this today:

sorry, not yet. i ordered another one today.

my office got steal last night, all my stock were gone. i lost about 100 thousand RMB.

i will send it off asap. i know it took too long to ship off. but you got the other band to wear, didn't you?

i will try my best, take it easy

ruby

在2009-02-06 01:24:29,"xxxxx xxxx" <[email protected]> 写道:

Ruby, have you sent the bracelet yet?

Can you guys fucking believe this?

I would strongly recommend staying way from Ruby from now on...

offshore

And wasn't this Phil's #1 - go-to dealer? (or partner?)

......................Just askin' ? :thumbsup:

trailboss99

Klink got her started in the rep game, yes. Protégée would be closer to the mark.

John: Ya don't think this is revenge for the "Ruby's Daughters" thread do you? :thumbsup:

Col.

JohnG

......................Just askin' ? :lol:

Yup.

But Phil forgave me.

And anybody who is following her dealer reviews knows that she is now less reliable than TTK. Whether you were involved in the Replicat incident or not.

:D

alphakazi

ah Ruby... it was a good run...

she says she got broke into - might have got nailed by the po-po

glad I got my watch back

FBV

......................Just askin' ? :beer:

Yup.

But Phil forgave me.

And anybody who is following her dealer reviews knows that she is now less reliable than TTK. Whether you were involved in the Replicat incident or not.

:rofl:

does sound like a TTK soap opera and drama

:Talk to the Hand: :):beer: