Sign in to follow this  
radioguy

Beautiful diver homages

radioguy

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum. I've been in the "rep world" over at RG for years, and only just discovered this place. Believe it or not, I've only just discovered homages too. I love the fact you can get a well built watch with a beautiful design at a reasonable price, and it doesn't have that feeling of wearing a rep (where you know it's a "fake" watch.)

My current obsession is the Fifty Fathoms. I love it, and I had the "no radiation" version on my wrist yesterday at Tourneau. Unfortunately I don't have $14,000 to blow on a watch :)

I've found some great companies making homages. The one I seem to like the best so far is Precista (TimeFactors). I've also seen the MKII, but I think the Precista is more my style. Below are images of their Fifty Fathoms homage, and some kind of CWC british diver / omega 300 homage.

prs50b3.jpg

prs50-5.jpg

2vmuhpt.jpg

My questions is if you guys have any other recommendations for homage companies that make watches similar to these? I'd love to hear from anyone that has some good leads.

Thank you kindly,

RG

greg_r

That's really very nice...

Haven't seen any other Blancpain homages (at least not of that quality), but if you're interested in a replica, try DSN on our trusted dealer list.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
That's really very nice...

Haven't seen any other Blancpain homages (at least not of that quality), but if you're interested in a replica, try DSN on our trusted dealer list.

Check with International Watchman: http://www.internationalwatchman.com/new07.html

P_Diddy

that looks fab ;)

assuming that this company is a 'gen' company, any ideas of retail on that model?

cheers

prs50b3.jpg

speedbird119
that looks fab ;)

assuming that this company is a 'gen' company, any ideas of retail on that model?

cheers

prs50b3.jpg

Eddie Platts at Timefactors.com is one of the best and most knowledgable in the business. These are outstanding products and he will back up everything 100%. His Dreadnought dive watch is about as cool as it gets. The Precista and Smiths line have proven to be extremely popular with most production runs selling out rather quickly.

P_Diddy

is this one still made and anyone know what this model is called?

that looks fab :D

cheers

prs50b3.jpg

Eddie Platts at Timefactors.com is one of the best and most knowledgable in the business. These are outstanding products and he will back up everything 100%. His Dreadnought dive watch is about as cool as it gets. The Precista and Smiths line have proven to be extremely popular with most production runs selling out rather quickly.

Edited by P_Diddy

radioguy

P Diddy,

That model is indeed still made. It is called the Precista PRS-50-B.

You can see all of the company's diver models here:

http://www.timefactors.com/precista.htm

BUT LET ME WARN YOU! IF YOU VISIT THAT WEBSITE, YOU WILL SOON FIND YOURSELF AT LEAST $1000 POORER!

Before I visited his website, I was going to sell some reps off and invest the money, but now I have to spend the money on a couple of this guys watches!

:lol:

trailboss99

Very nice watches mate.

thanks for the homage links guys.

Col.

P_Diddy

I'm torn between this Precista PRS 50 b for £390 or DNS FF rep.

The issue is that the PRS 50b is a gen watch with 2 year guarantee

The PRS 50 b has this description of its movement "New old stock21 jewel AS2063 automatic movement with direct centre seconds, non-hacking. Running at 21,600 BPH (3 Hz), Trishock shock resistance. "

Is that the Miyota 21j movement?

Brightlight
I'm torn between this Precista PRS 50 b for £390 or DNS FF rep.

The issue is that the PRS 50b is a gen watch with 2 year guarantee

The PRS 50 b has this description of its movement "New old stock21 jewel AS2063 automatic movement with direct centre seconds, non-hacking. Running at 21,600 BPH (3 Hz), Trishock shock resistance. "

Is that the Miyota 21j movement?

No, it's a Swiss AS movement, see http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi...swk&AS_2063 for details. It is an old movement though.

Member X
P Diddy,

BUT LET ME WARN YOU! IF YOU VISIT THAT WEBSITE, YOU WILL SOON FIND YOURSELF AT LEAST $1000 POORER!

Before I visited his website, I was going to sell some reps off and invest the money, but now I have to spend the money on a couple of this guys watches!

:rolleyes:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, you were right - I could spend quite a bit on that site!!

P_Diddy

which watch did you buy?

P Diddy,

:D

Member X

;)

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Too bad the OP was a raging douche.

greg_r

:D

Good taste in watches, though ;)