Sign in to follow this  
ellistyle1

My Path, Current Collection and Wishlist (Pic Heavy)

FuzzyCoyote

That was the best topic I have read on here and kind of how I think at the start of my journey, it's an education as well as a hobby.

I hope around this point next year I will be in a position to write something similar as to how everything came about.

Did you keep a journal of the experiences or was it all from memory?

ellistyle1

Loved the write up. Great pictures and story thanks.

Love the Obris Morgan and all compressor divers. Some nice choices.

Really liked the Botta with the interesting dial.

Thanks! I am really enjoying the MLC Compressor. The Botta and OB were great and I hope they're enjoyed by their new owners. I am eager to see the next Obris releases and have looked at the Botta automatics.

ellistyle1

That was the best topic I have read on here and kind of how I think at the start of my journey, it's an education as well as a hobby.

I hope around this point next year I will be in a position to write something similar as to how everything came about.

Did you keep a journal of the experiences or was it all from memory?

Not completely from memory--I haven't deleted my PMs on the board here and I've photographed everything to one extent or another with the exception of my shortlived marina militare.

FuzzyCoyote

Ah I see, I'm definitely thinking of noting down how I have got to certain places (and watches) by being involved in this.

Less than a week in and I am already vastly more knowledgeable than I was 6 days ago. Thanks to the advice, topics and information I have found on here I feel I am in the right place to peruse this hobby / education.

Also proving this, this is my 100th post less than a week after joining, hopefully that shows how much effort I am putting in! Keep an eye out for my version of this post in a year.

ellistyle1

Ah I see, I'm definitely thinking of noting down how I have got to certain places (and watches) by being involved in this.

Less than a week in and I am already vastly more knowledgeable than I was 6 days ago. Thanks to the advice, topics and information I have found on here I feel I am in the right place to peruse this hobby / education.

Also proving this, this is my 100th post less than a week after joining, hopefully that shows how much effort I am putting in! Keep an eye out for my version of this post in a year.

Why not show what you've got now (or what you have on the way as the case may be)?

FuzzyCoyote

Why not show what you've got now (or what you have on the way as the case may be)?

I will as of tomorrow, should have my first rep arriving from Andrew at TT - Franck Muller Aeternitas (although I decided on the faux tourbillon as I couldn't justify to myself spending $800 on my very first rep)

Hopefully within the week my second watch, currently on delivery from M2M sales, a Mont Blanc Time Walker Carbon will also arrive. So as soon as those two are in my possession I will be sure to post. Not just pictures, but something like you have here, with an insight into why and how things came to be with my learning experiences.

lperdido

Man, what a great write up. In a world where so few people understand our love for the intricacies of wrist watches it is nice to feel sane by reading a write up like this. I find my path and taste evolving as I learn more and more what makes a great watch and what adds to my sense of style... and the history, heritage of the brand.

I love the moonie, I had the pleasure of trying one on in the Omega boutique today. Again, a watch that wasn't even on my radar a few months ago, now it is on the short list. The next year is going to be really fun!

ellistyle1

Man, what a great write up. In a world where so few people understand our love for the intricacies of wrist watches it is nice to feel sane by reading a write up like this.

Thanks, lperdido. That makes me sound like I've gone completely apeshit (which I may have). hahaha

cogwatch

Wonderful write up. Very fun to read. You've kept an amazingly small collection compared to a lot of us. But the ones you have are great.

Have you thought about a tourbillon? With your interest in the technology, history, etc., I'm surprised that's not in your thoughts. I was kind of interested in a tourbie but hesitated at the price tag. But a beautiful Lange tourbie came up on M2M recently and at a fantastic price (thanks BigDee!!). I got it and absolutely love it. It jumped to one of my favorites the moment I got it. I don't have a good pic so I stole the pic below from BigDee's M2M listing.

Thanks again for the write up. Truly a pleasure to read!!!

e164d7ca1f3d8ab31d213aa22ec584b1_zpsae083144.jpg

damn. :drool:

dingle. It is, in fact, truly drool worthy. That's why I had to use BigDee's pic from his M2M post. I couldn't wipe my drool off long enough to get a good shot myself ;-)

Howeazie

Thank you for the insight. I am a year behind you on a similar journey. You are right about missing the JLC ND. I am giving it maximum wrist time at the moment.