Sign in to follow this  
ShovelnTC

Small hour hand change for BK Sub-C V1.

ShovelnTC

Hi Guys,

Well one of my favourite watches is my BK Sub-C V1.

I know there are a lot of tells with these Sub-C’s but the only one that really catches my eye is the fat hour hand base.

It really bugs me so I contacted BK to see if a V2 hour hand was available but the only option I had was to get a skinny green lume hour hand and have a modder re-lume it.

So, after some looking around I found that Helenarou sells a blue lume hand set so I contacted her and bought the set.

I only used the Helenarou hour hand but I may do it again later and use the whole set as the lume on the Helenarou hand set is closer to the dial markers.

Maybe not 1:1 but I think it’s a big improvement from the fat based hand and now I have no intentions of selling the V1.

So here’s the watch before, the wide base of the hour hand is quite obvious and even with my bad eyesight it attracts my eye every time leaving me a little disappointed.

b03d0b59-78a0-4285-800e-f92a924eefa9_zps110d5441small_zps08a82962.jpg

As usual forgot to take important shots but here is the result, sorry but I only have the iphone for pix and it was hard to get decent light to show the hour hand base.

IMG_7156small_zpsc3f0a54e.jpg

And the Lume shot showing that the new Hour hand has closer colour to the indices than the original minute hand.

IMG_7169small_zpsb19f49b6.jpg

All in all I'm pleased with the result.

Cheers, Mark.