Sign in to follow this  
mrichbell

new member and advice

mrichbell

hi first of all i would like to say hello and introduce myself to this forum.

i am very new to buying and using replica watches.

i have just bought my second watch from a site called topswiss.co.uk (any opinions on these guys???) it was a 1950 panerai luminor which i thought wasnt to bad a copy though some of you experts may tell me otherwise.

the problem i have is after winding and wearing for a few hours the time would stop so had to rewind..not the end of the world but not ideal ...but after a couple of weeks i can no longer wind it in the forward direction there is no give at all so do not want to force it!!

can anyone offer any advice or give me a solution

thanks

also what sites are reputable to buy replicas from??

p.s. i live in london

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :lol:

Topswiss are well known for being a problem - selling mostly overpriced junk. Zero aftersales service either. They'd qualify as scammers in my book. I'd suggest you steer well clear in future.

The movement in the PAM127 should be a 6497 (either asian or swiss - both are usually bulletproof). It may be possible to repair the movement you have, but dependent on how good a rep it is (my guess is probably not very good - topswiss usually only supply the lowest possible quality) it may actually make more sense to write that one off and buy a good one from a reputable seller.

Check here for our Trusted Sellers - you can rely on these guys to not only sell you a good quality watch - but also to provide backup should something go wrong.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=67

As a general rule, PrestigeWatchCo (aka Robert) is our go-to guy for Panerai (and most other things, to be honest!), but all of our dealers offer a good selection of watches, so take a look and see what takes your fancy.

Don't hesitate to shout if you're unsure of anything! :P

dingle

^^^^^^ what he said :P

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

barkingtoad

+1 above

Welcome aboard

Member X

Post some pics of the watch you have received!

Hopefully now you're here you will have better luck :P

Dare we ask how much it cost you?? :lol:

mrichbell

hi thanks for your swift responses...i will have a good look at the trusted seller section.

seems i have found this site a little late.

i will try to post some pics later...for your amusement of course

with regards to the fault i described do you think this watch is beyond repair or is there anything i can do??

thanks

skintrade

Hi and welcome, bad luck with TopSwiss but with that lovely website of theirs you cannot help but be drawn in.

Ska

Ahh TopSwiss my old nemesis.

This was the site I nearly took the plunge with before thankfully finding RWG in the nick of time.

To give you an example, They were advertising their "AAA Grade" Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph with a quartz movement at £425 (and of course no guarantee it would work)

The Ultimate Planet Ocean Chrono from Mary (Watchinternational), one of our trusted dealers, with 7750 Automatic movement , which is just about as good as a rep gets, goes for $270 (£175)

the whole "AAA" grade fallacy is a BIG telltale of a scam site. Sorry you didn't find us sooner.

Unfortunately it will be very hard to diagnose the problem with your Panerai without actually seeing it, but ask around and someone with experience might well think it worth sending to one of our resident experts like Domi or Fransisco to be repaired.

Hope this helps.

AllergyDoc

Maybe you're not winding the watch enough? Give it a good 30 turns and see how long it runs.

mrichbell

hi allergydoc..the problem is the watch no longer winds.. the crown springs backwards when i try to turn it!!

mrichbell

hopefully attached pics of watch

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo3.jpg

dingle

try this---

turn the crown and hold it in position and do not let it "spring" backwards.......does the second hand start up?

....of course let it go after you try.....

Member X

Well, it looks like an alright case/dial - in a worst case you could get a new movement swapped in (or try it yourself!)

New 6497 movements like that one are around £35 I think, although it wouldn't have the Panerai detailing on movement.

mrichbell

hi dingleberry....yes if i hold th crown the second hand starts!!

dingle
hi dingleberry....yes if i hold th crown the second hand starts!!

mine did the same thing. I sent it back to the seller. He claimed the face had "popped" loose causing the second hand to stick.

I think you will also notice the second hand will run until it reaches a "certain" spot on the dial. This is where the issue arises. If you do not know how to remove the dial from the movement, you will have to get it repaired.

Where are you located?

mrichbell

umm im located in uk just outside london

Member X

Specsavers, DB?

p.s. i live in london

;) :P lol

There are a couple of EU based watchsmiths that will do excellent work, but you may be best sounding out local independant watchsmiths - saying something like "I've been given a watch as a gift but it's broken - I think it's only cheap but it has sentimental value."

This tells them you 'think' ;) it's a rep, but that you are a kind soul and just want your nice watch to work again, rather than being some wideboy with a penchant for fake stuff lol :D

dingle
p.s. i live in london

;)

:D

sorry...did not see that........:P

any of our foreign friends know a London watchsmith?

Member X

Foreign??

You're living in one of the colonies, thank you very much :D :P lol

dingle
Foreign??

You're living in one of the colonies, thank you very much ;) :P lol

:D;) ;)