Sign in to follow this  
Wunderbro

Eleven James - Another Rent a Gen

Wunderbro

I saw this luxury watch rental service in a magazine and thought I'd share. I don't know much about them (or any other services like Eleven James) but maybe you guys do? I'm not all that interested in this sort of thing but I am interested in hearing thoughts on them and if anyone has taken part of one of these programs before. If you have, what was your experience like. Worth the money? Looks like this one is $250 a mo starting and you get a new luxury watch every 2 or 3 months.

Service: http://elevenjames.com/how-it-works.php

Collection: http://elevenjames.com/our-collections.php

greg_r

What a pointless waste of money...

George.

If this is even legit... Bizarre.

+1234567890-987ghgmj

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

deleted

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Cannot see how it cannot be legit.....

Once a watch is bought, it is at the sole discretion of the owner what they do with it...

apart from copy it , manufacture it and then sell it of course :giggle:

James.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they don't extend their membership to Australia :(

As idiotic as some may find the system, I'm intrigued and actually quite interested in it, It's provide a pretty cool rotation, check out the "connoisseur collection" - some pretty damned cool watches in there!

jeffrsho

It's like the purse rental companies except for watches...smh just buy a new rep every month for a few more bucks than this service costs...

Kaiser

Interesting concept

nunu78
It's like the purse rental companies except for watches...smh just buy a new rep every month for a few more bucks than this service costs...

+1

RichardMiami

Here is my theory:

James' wife found out about the eleven luxury watches he had bought. He was faced with imminent decapitation, or worse.

Instead, thinking quickly, he told his wife that they were NOT a waste of money, but indeed they are a start to a business! He will rent them out to folks at $250 a month and make a profit!

His wife, who by this time had seized his bank accounts, said.. "sure James, you try that. And if you don't make back what you paid for them in a reasonable time.... you are dead"

This is a VERY likely interpretation, but it is just my guess, and not based at all at what I told my wife when I bought my first boat..... and promised to make money doing fishing charters.... ;)

James.
:Whistle:

BadPickle
:Whistle:

In yr dreams!!!! :lmao:

James.

Hahaha it rings something similar except they were all reps and my excuse wasn't so elaborate!

KLD

$250 a month. So in 1 year you have $3K in and nothing to show for it. For that kind of cash one can start getting into some nice used gens, maybe not PP or Vacheron, but certainly gets you into some other big names.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

10 years of this membership and $30,000 spent.... very little point doing it for a year...

Go and take competitive finance on a watch and make repayments if you really want to spend that annually and have something physical at the end rather than a bunch of pictures of stuff you never owned and a few hazy memories...

and if you buy well you will also have an asset at the end...

ag69

+1

FuzzyCoyote

+1

Was just scrolling to the bottom to say 'What a total waste of money' but it has been posted and plus 1'd already.

I don't get the appeal with this i really don't.... If you have the money to spend $250 / month on not owning something then there is something a bit weird about you. Save that for a couple of months, buy a great rep and go on holiday.

Hazz

in the UK this is the cost of rental

A £5,700 Rolex Submariner, for example, would require a deposit of £1,425 and command a weekly rental of £230

If you can afford that, you surely have the means to buy one.

Pseudonym

A £5,700 Rolex Submariner, for example, would require a deposit of £1,425 and command a weekly rental of £230

Walk into any AD like mappin&webb or WoS etc and they offer 3yrs interest free finance on any Rolex if you put down 20% deposit...

So... MRSP of 5600GBP, 1120 deposit, followed nicely by 122.22GBP per month.

An ex colleague of mine decided to inform me of this just a week after I bought my gen... Isn't he a nice chap.

nyckid

hmmmm interesting......and it's in NYC :Thinking:

Member X

To appease the grumpy hormonal woman I passed up a brand new, 50% off, 4 years interest free credit B&R.

Fucking gutted :( :facepalm:

So I've bought a secondhand camera for half that price and not told her... :D:lol:

N.Rico

I dont think they have to much clients .

narikaa

+1

Was just scrolling to the bottom to say 'What a total waste of money' but it has been posted and plus 1'd already.

I don't get the appeal with this i really don't.... If you have the money to spend $250 / month on not owning something then there is something a bit weird about you. Save that for a couple of months, buy a great rep and go on holiday.

$250 a month. So in 1 year you have $3K in and nothing to show for it. For that kind of cash one can start getting into some nice used gens, maybe not PP or Vacheron, but certainly gets you into some other big names.

10 years of this membership and $30,000 spent.... very little point doing it for a year...

Go and take competitive finance on a watch and make repayments if you really want to spend that annually and have something physical at the end rather than a bunch of pictures of stuff you never owned and a few hazy memories...

and if you buy well you will also have an asset at the end...

In the words of an old mate of mine....

"How much? hahahaha kids on bikes on street corners can buy that !"