Sign in to follow this  
fetasigma

Tudor black bay reps now shipping

Frankt8242

geesh..!!.....I guess I stepped on somebody's pet snake!!

i never said you shouldn't respect Tudors, I just said I do not hold them in high enough esteem to consider buying one....

In reality, they are similar to the Rolex replicas we treasure, in that they are in fact, Rolex style cases, sans the Rolex movement... And IIRC, the Tudors were made with ETA movements...

(Just like ours used to be).... :giggle: :giggle:

Edited by Frankt8242

JohnG

So a Tudor is beneath you but a fake Rolex made by kids working fourteen hour shifts is not....

gotcha.

Myself? I would be proud to wear a fake Tudor made in a sweatshop.... made for people too poor to even buy the WANNABE Rolex. I am not a snob, like some people on this forum. I can't afford the Rolex, I can't even afford the wannabe Rolex, so for me it is a copy of a copy.

Fuck yeah.

:popcorn:

subiim

They look pretty cool. I'm gettin one

RichardMiami

George.

Wasn't convinced on this particular one till I held the prototype in my hands yesterday.

Fucking damn, I need one

RichardMiami

Olly

:drool:

maxwas

I couldn't handle it any longer, I emailed puretime a couple of days back about the BB, not heard back yet. The Pelagos however looks an absolute belter.

D.

Olly

I hope to god they make one !! i will be No.1 on the list for preorder :lol:

Member X

I must be "queer" or perhaps, something else, but that watch does absolutely NOTHING for me!!...Just another lame Rolex attempt to reinvent the "Sub" genre IMNSFHO!!

Maybe it's because, back "in the day" Tudor was what you bought if you couldn't afford a "Real" Rolex...??? :treadmill: :treadmill:

+1 :baghead:

Not really..it's just these subs..all the same.. :siesta: It's a rep of a wannabe Rolex, that's all, don't know what the fuss is all about.

All I can say on the matter is this...

Wasn't convinced on this particular one till I held the prototype in my hands yesterday.

Fucking damn, I need one

Amazing quality on the rep, I've not held the gen but I literally would never have guessed it was a rep. Awesome fit and finish, TIGHT endlinks, a bracelet that is superbly well finished, a dial that looks perfect... I wanted to hate it but I think I will have to add it to the list... :facepalm:

WANT.

JohnG

I'll take the BB myself.

RichardMiami

JohnG
:fme:

Olly

Oh stop it NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant handle the temptation :rofl:

hnic

i really like it

but didnt know it was a 41mm watch

that might save me money after all

JohnG

Anyone know how long before the other dealers will have this - what is the typical lag time between Angus and the rest of them?

I just went to order and it is $318 plus FORTY FIVE for shipping. Fuck that, I will wait.

Anyway, historically, how long is the wait?

Olly

10 days ?

JohnG

Well if that is true, I will wait - there are other dealers that ship certified first class mail with tracking for a fraction of that....

Realism

^ what kind of shipping costs $45? Surely you don't need triangular shipping to get it to Spain

austinsom

Was never really one for a Tudor, but every time I see this thread I get more and more tempted, stop talking about it and I might 'forget' about it ;)

JohnG

I don't know - but Puretime quotes $45 on the shopping cart page and $15 for parts/orders under $100.

That's pretty pricey. I wonder when Intime will have the BB?

Ten days?

praying.gif

Realism

I don't know - but Puretime quotes $45 on the shopping cart page and $15 for parts/orders under $100.

That's pretty pricey. I wonder when Intime will have the BB?

Ten days?

praying.gif

maybe in 10 days 10 hours 10 minutes 10 seconds and 10 micro seconds

Segoy

After cny is the soonest date when other dealers will offer it.

dfq23

Pure time and the cartel are all $45 for shipping and now won't even give any other options to most countries

Frazzle

$35 to UK. $353 all in. It's the most I've spent on a rep watch!

I'm pretty frugal, but there was something about this watch that made me forget my conservative spending (tightness) and hit the order button.

I have been loosely following the thread on the Geek, but having watched the Puretime video and seen the work that went into the watch I felt it was one of those super rep must haves in the collection!

Also I've noticed Higs seems to always have all the reps that have superior build quality and style. He ordered one so it's a no brainer ;)