Sign in to follow this  
watchus

Panerai love

watchus

Hello All,

First let me thank you all on this forum. I am new to the world of replica, but let me tell you ...for the last weeks I was busy reading a lot of the posts here. To make a long story short, a month ago I did not know about Panerai brand, but what a watch. I read as much as I could about the available rep. out there, but still not sure what models are considered a high end replica, with a good movement and a nice finish.

Can you help me with some advice ? also which of your trusted dealers are " focused" more on the Panerai models?

Thank you,

greg_r

There's a lot of good Panerai reps around - it depends on what you like. Even some of the budget models are really very good indeed.

A good starting place for most people would be a 111h or may be a Fiddy (PAM 127).

Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is generally considered to be the go-to guy for Panerai around here, although DSN (on the Trusted List) does some very good high-end versions too - especially if you're after one of the more obscure models.

Member X

The Ferrari PAMs are some of the best out the box models and they're pretty reasonably priced. Check PWC's section :Whistle:

LeighJ

I wasnt sure about PAM's, until saw Greg's "Mini Egi", so I orderd one and it's at my local post office to be picked up today! Ordered a bespoke strap which arrive next week, will post pic when it's come together.

greg_r

Good to hear, Leigh. That's still one of my favourites - amazing value :Whistle:

watchus

Both are indeed gorgeous watches, I like 11h because of the size. Looking at the specs, I see that 111h model is manual hand-wind. Is there any model that looks the same but automatic?

Thank you.

There's a lot of good Panerai reps around - it depends on what you like. Even some of the budget models are really very good indeed.

A good starting place for most people would be a 111h or may be a Fiddy (PAM 127).

Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is generally considered to be the go-to guy for Panerai around here, although DSN (on the Trusted List) does some very good high-end versions too - especially if you're after one of the more obscure models.

greg_r

hmm - the autos tend to have a date feature, so the dial isn't quite as clean. Best bet is to have a look at the various models and see what you like. In the 44m versions, the PAM243 is a particularly good rep:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...&hl=panerai

Note that this was a special offer - Robert may not still have them at this price.

Member X

I'd stick with handwind for a PAM tbh - the 6497s are bombproof and really only take a minute to wind fully in the morning! Plus you somehow feel like the watch has a heart when you can hear it ticking away when you hold it close to your ear, knowing all those little cogs you wound up earlier are 'beating' away underneath that clean-lined exterior :)

watchus

Thank you for all the info, after seeing both modes , and seeing the comments I'll go for 111h model as a first replica...thanks again..

hmm - the autos tend to have a date feature, so the dial isn't quite as clean. Best bet is to have a look at the various models and see what you like. In the 44m versions, the PAM243 is a particularly good rep:

Note that this was a special offer - Robert may not still have them at this price.

watchus

I'll take your advise and Greg's. already got an email from Robert in regarding Pam 111h, can you pls advise what is the difference between this PAM 11h:

http://www.nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=167

and the one Robert mentioned on his email:

We have a very nice quality one currently with Hi-beat Asian 6497 engraved bridges . Sapphire front and back/ Flush cannon lume is excelent also price is $249+shipping :

I think the movement is the same?

Thank you.

I'd stick with handwind for a PAM tbh - the 6497s are bombproof and really only take a minute to wind fully in the morning! Plus you somehow feel like the watch has a heart when you can hear it ticking away when you hold it close to your ear, knowing all those little cogs you wound up earlier are 'beating' away underneath that clean-lined exterior :)

Member X

Hi Watchus - I'm off to bed but some of the american guys will hopefully be on later :)

Otherwise I'll have a proper look tomorrow!.

Night for now! :lol:

greg_r
I'll take your advise and Greg's. already got an email from Robert in regarding Pam 111h, can you pls advise what is the difference between this PAM 11h:

http://www.nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=167

and the one Robert mentioned on his email:

We have a very nice quality one currently with Hi-beat Asian 6497 engraved bridges . Sapphire front and back/ Flush cannon lume is excelent also price is $249+shipping :

I think the movement is the same?

Thank you.

The movement is basically the same at the core, but that's about as far as it goes. The watch that Robert is offering you is the one that Ruby sells @ $300. Movement decoration is engraved, the one you've linked at $159 will have stickered markings. There's quite a lot of other differences too - case, lume, just about everything, to be honest. Overall the watch Robert is offering you is going to be a vastly better rep and I would certainly recommend going for that rather than the one you've found at Ruby's site.

prestigewatchco

Apples and Oranges Watchus all these 2 watches have in common is the brand name on the dial.

The better grade movements are revelation to the rep world equal in all respects to the Swiss version.

Other differences are in lume quality/case finish and fit

wat44

oh man! whenever I think Im out.....

you guys puuuuuuullllll me back in

watchus

Thank you Robert, I' am convinced now.

Sorry, if I asked too many questions, first time is harder all the time B)

Apples and Oranges Watchus all these 2 watches have in common is the brand name on the dial.

The better grade movements are revelation to the rep world equal in all respects to the Swiss version.

Other differences are in lume quality/case finish and fit

Member X

No worries, we've all been there :rofl: B)

watchus

Order placed from Robert, Panerai 111h

I'll post pictures when received.

Thanks all

No worries, we've all been there :rofl::bottle:

Member X

Nice :bottle:

Will look forward to them!

watchus

Greg,

I plan to buy brown leather band for the pam 111 h, and I was thinking to try Bob Bean...what is the right size for this model? 24 mm? Is the leather band that comes with the rep a good quality or is better to go with Bob's ?

Thanks

Silverspeed
Greg,

I plan to buy brown leather band for the pam 111 h, and I was thinking to try Bob Bean...what is the right size for this model? 24 mm? Is the leather band that comes with the rep a good quality or is better to go with Bob's ?

Thanks

yes 24mm is correct, Bob Bean makes great straps...buying a good strap for a Panerai is never a waste of money

the standard rep straps are usually crap

greg_r
Greg,

Thanks

Yep - 24mm. Rep PAM straps are usually pretty crap. An upgrade is pretty much a must. The 111 also looks great on a bracelet, which can be had for around $60ish if you look around :ttiwwop:

watchus

thanks.

Greg,

Thanks

yes 24mm is correct, Bob Bean makes great straps...buying a good strap for a Panerai is never a waste of money

the standard rep straps are usually crap